BREAKING: Barbra Streisand says she “can’t live in this country” if Donald Trump wins the presidency

I know all of you have been waiting patiently, some impatiently to hear her plans. Some people build bomb shelters, Barbra will simply move to another country.

By the way, she's leaning towards 'England'. She says she likes it.

She can take Cher and Michael Cohen with her. They have said the same thing. She seems to forget the people elect a president. Trump will be harder to cheat this time.

The big problem with Malta and Gibraltar is they are part of Europe and I really do not want to live in Europe.

I have the soul of a nomad, having moved on a regular basis my entire life except for the current period. We have lived here 14 years, which is more than twice as long as I have ever lived anywhere.

Our plan for retirement is to be basically nomads until we cannot physically do so. While we will live in Panama, we will probably spend less than half the year there after the first couple years of getting acclimated to the place. And even after that the plan is to live by the beach till we tire of it and then move to the mountains.

Panama has gone out of their way to get retired people to bring their money there, plus after 330 days of living there I will no longer owe US income tax on anything under 115 grand.
Soul? No way.

The big problem with Malta and Gibraltar is they are part of Europe and I really do not want to live in Europe.

I have the soul of a nomad, having moved on a regular basis my entire life except for the current period. We have lived here 14 years, which is more than twice as long as I have ever lived anywhere.

Our plan for retirement is to be basically nomads until we cannot physically do so. While we will live in Panama, we will probably spend less than half the year there after the first couple years of getting acclimated to the place. And even after that the plan is to live by the beach till we tire of it and then move to the mountains.

Panama has gone out of their way to get retired people to bring their money there, plus after 330 days of living there I will no longer owe US income tax on anything under 115 grand.

Yeah, and so long as you are gone most of the time it's good. Panama is OK, Costa Rica is better.

Malta is EU, which I don’t like, but I prefer the climate there.

I don't like humidity any longer.

Yeah, and so long as you are gone most of the time it's good. Panama is OK, Costa Rica is better.

Panama is better than CR. Better infrastructure, especially internet wise, and better incentives from the government. We have been in contact with a number of Ex-pats living in Panama and will take a trip there this winter to get a feel for the place and meet a few of them.

Panama is better than CR. Better infrastructure, especially internet wise, and better incentives from the government. We have been in contact with a number of Ex-pats living in Panama and will take a trip there this winter to get a feel for the place and meet a few of them.

I have a couple of friends who moved to Costa Rica. One of them built a hospital there.

They chose Costa Rica over Panama because of less government intrusion.

"Thought"

Not something you are capable of.
applaseguy.gif

I know all of you have been waiting patiently, some impatiently to hear her plans. Some people build bomb shelters, Barbra will simply move to another country.

By the way, she's leaning towards 'England'. She says she likes it.

Watch Yentl and see that if you are congenitally stupid and intellectually lazy you can't even ACT a different part.
One of the most unconvincing performances of my life.

Does anyone think the nose will follow through on this or is she just trying to make headlines to help sell more copies of her book? I think everyone knows it’s option B

I have a couple of friends who moved to Costa Rica. One of them built a hospital there.

They chose Costa Rica over Panama because of less government intrusion.

Since I will not be earning an income in Panama that will not be a problem, also the HealthCare is far better in Panama. Heck, they even take my TriCare insurance

there are a ton of places as good as here, and as you have pointed out 1000 times here is going downhill.
It's still a huge nation. Perhaps more autonomous regions would suffice. Although it can be everywhere, who knew the northern areas would be where most of the strife is? Its colder there.

Wait, wait has anyone seen her? Are we sure she's really alive? Wouldn't she be like 127 years old at this point?

Forum List

Back