BREAKING: Barbra Streisand says she “can’t live in this country” if Donald Trump wins the presidency

It's more an issue about the people of this country, than it is about these two.

100%. Which is why I do not hold out much hope for it and why the wife and I are looking to become expats when she is ready to retire.

there are a ton of places as good as here, and as you have pointed out 1000 times here is going downhill.

Yes, here is going downhill. But it would have to drop a lot further to get to a state where I would be forced to leave.

No place on Earth offers the same level of personal freedom.

No place.

As a statist I can see where that bothers you.

Yes, here is going downhill. But it would have to drop a lot further to get to a state where I would be forced to leave.

I would hope nobody would force you to leave. Some of us are doing it purely by choice, not force.

No place on Earth offers the same level of personal freedom.

No place.

You do not seem to pay attention to current events much

I know all of you have been waiting patiently, some impatiently to hear her plans. Some people build bomb shelters, Barbra will simply move to another country.

By the way, she's leaning towards 'England'. She says she likes it.

Tell that dumb bitch that an American can't just move to England. You have to get a permanent residency visa. The only visa for her would be an investor visa considering how much money she has.

Where would you go?

We have looked at a few places, Malta, Panama, Portugal, Singapore, Australia, and Costa Rica.

Right now Panama is leading as the best place to set up home base in retirement. It has a thriving ex-pat community from all over the world, it is centrally located for travel and have wonderful weather and a variety of climates. There are so many Veterans that have retired there that there is a VSO in Panama City.

Our plan is to use it as a base and get in as much travelling as we can stand in the first 10 years or so of retirement. The wife still enjoys her job and if she stays there for a few more years has a pension for life so that is why we are still here.

We have looked at a few places, Malta, Panama, Portugal, Singapore, Australia, and Costa Rica.

Right now Panama is leading as the best place to set up home base in retirement. It has a thriving ex-pat community from all over the world, it is centrally located for travel and have wonderful weather and a variety of climates. There are so many Veterans that have retired there that there is a VSO in Panama City.

Our plan is to use it as a base and get in as much travelling as we can stand in the first 10 years or so of retirement. The wife still enjoys her job and if she stays there for a few more years has a pension for life so that is why we are still here.
Please leave as soon as possible

I actually like Malta a lot. Gibraltar too. Central America is a nice place to visit, but I will pass on living there.

iu

I actually like Malta a lot. Gibraltar too. Central America is a nice place to visit, but I will pass on living there.

The big problem with Malta and Gibraltar is they are part of Europe and I really do not want to live in Europe.

I have the soul of a nomad, having moved on a regular basis my entire life except for the current period. We have lived here 14 years, which is more than twice as long as I have ever lived anywhere.

Our plan for retirement is to be basically nomads until we cannot physically do so. While we will live in Panama, we will probably spend less than half the year there after the first couple years of getting acclimated to the place. And even after that the plan is to live by the beach till we tire of it and then move to the mountains.

Panama has gone out of their way to get retired people to bring their money there, plus after 330 days of living there I will no longer owe US income tax on anything under 115 grand.

Forum List

Back