Both Democrats and the GOP have missed the obvious

Sure would be nice to have all that money Bush wasted on Iraq over all those years huh?

Sure would be nice if Bush and team had done something to ameilorate the finacial mess every one but him saw coming too.

Since PapaObama spent more on welfare than Bush did on the war, it would be better to maybe get that money back.
:eusa_angel:

Or, just think if we had all that money to reuse that PapaObama wasted on the stimulus, er,,,,Jobs bill ( since it didn't work) then with a New Congress to provide some real leadership

But, sadly, these are just wishes, sort of like Hope & Change
:eusa_whistle:

Maybe you better read the original post again liar

liar?

Name calling just shows your inability to defend your position

Truth is hard for the left

Being the Christmas season, I will pray for you. No matter how much it offends you
:eusa_angel:

U.S. welfare spending hit $600 billion in 2006 and totals $15.9 trillion since 1964 | www.raymondvillechroniclenews.com | Raymondville Chronicle News

In 2006, welfare spending totaled almost $600 billion. That trailed only the big entitlement programs Social Security and Medicare ($878 billion) and combined government spending on education ($683 billion). American governments spend more on welfare than on defense, law enforcement and transportation.

Bush admin presided over large welafare spending too.

They didnt have a crash to deal with even though they sat and twidled their thumbs instead of dealing with the oncoming mess.

Last edited:
How do you run a govenment without paying for it?

we gotta slap that government and tell her she can't spend what she don't have. got it?

No we have to act like adults and PAY for the mess your idiot ideas caused.

The trillion dollar failed stiumulus plan did not add to the problem?

Or are you one of those that fell for the "well, where do you think unemployment would be without the stimulus" thingy.

For nearly two years we had the Party of No vs. the Party of Yes.

And then last month the people let everyone know which party they preferred. And now there are a hell of a lot fewer Party of Yes folks all around the country and in Washington.

It's pretty simple to figure out, unless you're a dimwitted lefty.

Not sure how both parties could be so blind.

Mitch McConnell has publicly stated that after the new Republican congress sits, there will be no more compromise. The number one issue for them is not guns, jobs, the economy, nuclear weapons, helping America's poor, the unemployed, health care or anything else that is important to the majority of Americans.

THE most important issue is to make President Obama a "one term" president. That's it and nothing else, period! Republicans have said that over and over again. They are being completely honest.

Everything Republicans have done, whether it's filibuster nearly every piece of legislation or refuse to compromise on tax cuts for rich people at the expense of millions of Americans, they have been completely honest about. They were honest during the entire last two years. Waterloo, fail, one term - honest.

The REAL reason why this congress has passed so many things is because the Tea Baggers will be coming into office. Both Republicans and Democrats will be leaving in record numbers. They don't have to follow either party. They only need to follow their conscience.

They are out and they know it. So why not do some good before they leave?

After the first of the year, we will be back to gridlock. Republicans have said, "NO COMPROMISE" and they mean it. It's not a threat, it's a "fact". They will continue to be honest, at least about that.

None of the pundits have pointed this out. Not one.

yea what a week, no rep votes for dadt, taxes, start,.....:lol:

U.S. welfare spending hit $600 billion in 2006 and totals $15.9 trillion since 1964 | www.raymondvillechroniclenews.com | Raymondville Chronicle News

In 2006, welfare spending totaled almost $600 billion. That trailed only the big entitlement programs Social Security and Medicare ($878 billion) and combined government spending on education ($683 billion). American governments spend more on welfare than on defense, law enforcement and transportation.

Bush admin presided over large welafare spending too.

They didnt have a crash to deal with even though they sat and twidled their thumbs instead of dealing with the oncoming mess.

I have to admit we are not doing a good enough job with the poor in the US

The following are facts about persons defined as "poor" by the Census Bureau, taken from various government reports:

• Forty-three percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
  • Eighty percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, in 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
  • Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.
  • The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
  • Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 31 percent own two or more cars.
  • Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
  • Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
  • Eighty-nine percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and more than a third have an automatic dishwasher.
Hey, all we need is one more program to fix it

Last edited:
Not sure how both parties could be so blind.

Mitch McConnell has publicly stated that after the new Republican congress sits, there will be no more compromise. The number one issue for them is not guns, jobs, the economy, nuclear weapons, helping America's poor, the unemployed, health care or anything else that is important to the majority of Americans.

THE most important issue is to make President Obama a "one term" president. That's it and nothing else, period! Republicans have said that over and over again. They are being completely honest.

Everything Republicans have done, whether it's filibuster nearly every piece of legislation or refuse to compromise on tax cuts for rich people at the expense of millions of Americans, they have been completely honest about. They were honest during the entire last two years. Waterloo, fail, one term - honest.

The REAL reason why this congress has passed so many things is because the Tea Baggers will be coming into office. Both Republicans and Democrats will be leaving in record numbers. They don't have to follow either party. They only need to follow their conscience.

They are out and they know it. So why not do some good before they leave?

After the first of the year, we will be back to gridlock. Republicans have said, "NO COMPROMISE" and they mean it. It's not a threat, it's a "fact". They will continue to be honest, at least about that.

None of the pundits have pointed this out. Not one.

yea what a week, no rep votes for dadt, taxes, start,.....:lol:

Did you miss this part?

If you do not take in money you can NEVER pay your bills off.

The republican party wants the US in debt.

Excuse me?
I never said taxes should not go up. They will have to as our debt is too great.
I am referring to proper timing TM...I believe I made that clear.

The GOP simply fought for the cuts to be across the board as they believe ( and so do I), that the "wealthy" will be the only ones that will create the jobs. Will they? We hope. But the bottom line is this...they are less likely to be able to if they have an increase in taxes.

So just as you...I can spin too...

The democrats dont want the business owners to create jobs and that is why they wanted to increase the taxes on the business owners.

But I dont spin like you TM.....

Wealthy people don't just "magically" create jobs. There has to be "demand" for anyone to create "supply".

Besides, how many times have people gotten together, took out loans and started a business. They weren't wealthy, but they created wealth by selling something people were willing to buy.

Then there are corporations that create wealth. Stock brokers and others of that "ilk" don't create wealth, they "transfer it". Manufacturing companies create jobs if someone buys their products.

The whole "rich people create jobs" is an often repeated phrase that Republicans can't define in any meaningful way.

Republicans complain that government should stay out of jobs but wants the government to create jobs. When the government tries to with rebuilding our infrastructure, Republicans fight that. Who knows what Republicans want? They don't even know themselves. Not a single one of their policies for over a decade has done anything positive. Democrats aren't "miracle workers". The hole left by Republicans is deep. Turning the Middle Class out into the streets isn't going to solve anything, only make things worse.

Whatever they did in regards to taxes it should have been made permanent and not temporary. By making them temporary it has kept the political football in play and continued the "instability" and unpredictable business landscape proponents of keeping the tax cuts were barking about.

The only way that I would agree to that is if we make the WW2 tax schedule automatic every time that we have more than 250 military in combat status. And that schedule stays in effect until the cost of the military excursion is paid for.

Interesting what about

Obama Will Spend More on Welfare in the Next Year Than Bush Spent on Entire Iraq War, Study Reveals

As a candidate for president, Barack Obama decried the financial toll that the Iraq war was taking on the economy, but Obama’s proposed spending on welfare through 2010 will eclipse Bush’s war spending by more than $260 billion.

What tax rates do you recommend here?

Welfare recipients Bush created.:dance::mm::party::banana::woohoo:

The only way that I would agree to that is if we make the WW2 tax schedule automatic every time that we have more than 250 military in combat status. And that schedule stays in effect until the cost of the military excursion is paid for.

Interesting what about

Obama Will Spend More on Welfare in the Next Year Than Bush Spent on Entire Iraq War, Study Reveals
As a candidate for president, Barack Obama decried the financial toll that the Iraq war was taking on the economy, but Obama’s proposed spending on welfare through 2010 will eclipse Bush’s war spending by more than $260 billion.

What tax rates do you recommend here?

Welfare recipients Bush created.:dance::mm::party::banana::woohoo:

Was that before or after Papa Obama's stimulus,, er.. Jobs bill failed to get them jobs?

:eusa_shhh:

If you do not take in money you can NEVER pay your bills off.

The republican party wants the US in debt.

Excuse me?
I never said taxes should not go up. They will have to as our debt is too great.
I am referring to proper timing TM...I believe I made that clear.

The GOP simply fought for the cuts to be across the board as they believe ( and so do I), that the "wealthy" will be the only ones that will create the jobs. Will they? We hope. But the bottom line is this...they are less likely to be able to if they have an increase in taxes.

So just as you...I can spin too...

The democrats dont want the business owners to create jobs and that is why they wanted to increase the taxes on the business owners.

But I dont spin like you TM.....

Wealthy people don't just "magically" create jobs. There has to be "demand" for anyone to create "supply".

Besides, how many times have people gotten together, took out loans and started a business. They weren't wealthy, but they created wealth by selling something people were willing to buy.

Then there are corporations that create wealth. Stock brokers and others of that "ilk" don't create wealth, they "transfer it". Manufacturing companies create jobs if someone buys their products.

The whole "rich people create jobs" is an often repeated phrase that Republicans can't define in any meaningful way.

Republicans complain that government should stay out of jobs but wants the government to create jobs. When the government tries to with rebuilding our infrastructure, Republicans fight that. Who knows what Republicans want? They don't even know themselves. Not a single one of their policies for over a decade has done anything positive. Democrats aren't "miracle workers". The hole left by Republicans is deep. Turning the Middle Class out into the streets isn't going to solve anything, only make things worse.

You seem naive to how demand is created...and yes, demand is CREATED.

People had TV's....so the "wealthy" spent money on developing better TV's to creeate a new demand for TV's..Without the R and D, there would not be the new demand for TV's...and people would not need a new TV until the old one burnt out...so there was demand created when NEED was NOT there.

Changes in technology spurred by Rand D paid for by the wealthy is what creates demand. Demand creates jobs....and those jobs allow people to meet their want (demand) for the product.

There is logic to the GOP's belief.

Last edited:
How do you derive that from her statement?

She's implying that a tax hike is theft while ignoring the massive debt/deficit the WE have on our hands.

Uncle spent massively and now wants to take even more from Joe Taxpayer to foot the bill, even thought Joe Taxpayer has been screaming from the mountain tops for uncle to stop the spending.

I'd be glad to pay more in taxes, after uncle drastically cuts spending and its own size. I'm waiting for them to make the first move.

300 million Joe Taxpayers can't agree on what we're supposed to stop spending. The same 300 million Joe Taxpayers are also now seeing some of the lowest taxes in post-war history.

How do you run a govenment without paying for it?

we gotta slap that government and tell her she can't spend what she don't have. got it?

No we have to act like adults and PAY for the mess your idiot ideas caused.

Are you kidding me!!! The "idiot" ideas first began in 1932! FDR's New Deal started this mess! FDR redifined the term liberal and gave us what we have today! You really need to sit down and read through some history and try to stay away from MSM and DNC email messages.

Do not missunderstand me! I am not blaming all of America's economic problems on one former President from almost 80 years ago, but I am blaming him for rolling this snow ball up and letting it go! Every President, Chief Justice, and political party after FDR is to blame for this just as much as FDR. Only one governing body has ever tried to step in front of FDR's snow ball. But as some of us know, SCOTUS was unsuccessful and endured three years of a personal war with FDR in which ultimately, they both lost.

Now if American's and the federal government where serious about reducing the national deficit, the following would have to occur over a pre-determined amount of time:

-Social Security: Eliminated! This is a ponsy scheme that was destined to fail. FDR knew that and several former Presidents have attempted to put band-aids on it (see Carter), but all knew eventually this program would go bankrupt. If states want to provide some sort of retirement assistance program then the state can look at creating such a program for its people.

-Medicare: Transfer programs to states. Prior to 1932, states, churches, and non-government orginizations provided healthcare, food, and shelter to the needy and elderly.

-Medicad: Transfer programs to states. Prior to 1932, states, churches, and non-government orginizations provided healthcare, food, and shelter to the needy and elderly.

-Corporate Welfare: Eliminate! It is called capitalism for a reason. Only the strong survive! However, currently the U.S. has the highest corporate tax in the world! Reduce the tax, but quit giving tax monies to companies!

-Misc New Deal era entitlement programs: I challenge all of you to go and find the list of government entitlement programs that where created during FDRs presidency. It is an ungodly list. Most can be eliminated and are out dated.

-Public Hospitals: Eliminated! Repeal of 1986 Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA). Repeal of 2010 Health Care Law. Public hospitals and government regulations have killed "private practices". It has turned the simple process of providing health care to Americans into a beurocratic mess that ultimately interferes with providing the care. Eliminating the federal government involvment is the only way to fix the problem and eliminate a huge portion of our debt.

-Department of Homeland Security: Reduce, restructure and redefine roles and responsibilities. If anyone has ever had to deal with DHS, then you know it is a top heavy beurocratic mess!
FBI, US Marshalls, and FTA: Reduce, restructure and redefine roles and responsbilities. The federal government was never given the Constitutional right to be a police state. Yet we have FBI Agents at crime scenes simply because it involves a federal government worker. We have armed TSA agents at airports! Never was our government to provide armed agents!
Eliminate all 1811s from all federal government departments and agencies except for the DoD, FBI, Marshalls, Boarder Control, and CIA. The freaking Department of Education has 1811s! That is rediculous!

-Department of Education: Reduced to its original intended size and rename to its original name of the Office of Education. Should be an office that gives advice and passes on advice and examples from around the country on the education of children. Is not involved in the education process and definatly does not create or implement rules/regulations.

-Public Schools: Eliminate! The amount of tax dollars that get dumped into these institutions is rediculous! Repeal of NCLB! Schools should be state based or private and should not be under the control of the federal government. There are multiple departments in the federal government that have their hands in public schools (i.e. Department of Agriculture). There should be no federal dollars going to primary educational institutions.

-Department of Defense: Reduce and restructure! Reduce is not aimed at troop end strengths, but rather at civilian positions.

-National Guard: Return authority to the states to manage their "militias" as was intended in the U.S. Constitution. We should not have the federal government sending militia personnel to the border or to a war outside of the country!

-Korea: Withdraw American troops! There is no reason for us to remain in this country! They hate eachother and eventually they will fight again. When that happens, then evaluate the need for American interferance.

-Japan: Withdraw American troops! The war has been over for a loooooong time! Let the State Department handle affairs with Japan and the enforcement of the Treaty.

-Taiwan: We should not be involved in the protection of those in Taiwan. If China wants them back, that is not an American affair.

-Germany: Withdraw American troops! The war has been over for a loooooong time! Keep USEUCOM in place, but withdraw all operational units from Europe.

-U.S. Congress: Term limits without guarenteed life time retirement! Congressmen should have to sit for more than one term to recieve retirement. Our military members have to go through 20 years of military hell to recieve their retirement checks!

-Free Trade: This is a delicate subject. We must begin to charge tariffs and excise taxes, again. The world will not like this, but it is in the best interests of our country to get away from free trade.

-UN: United Nations is an international governing body of idiots! We can keep membership, but only as a non-voting member. Stop giving the largest amount of money out of any country in the world! The UN is a joke!

-Immigration: Enforcement of current laws. Tax dollars are flying out the freaking window due to unenforced immigration laws. Gone are the days of Ellis Island. Our country is bursting at the seems and population growth through immigration needs to be seriously curtailed. I find it funny, those that argue for easier immigration standards are some of the same people that argue for population controls. Some what counterproductive don't you think?!

-Department of Interior: Really! This department is huge! It should be reduced! Give back majority of lands to the states. Keep only national monuments under DoI (i.e. Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore). Those lands along that border with Mexico that are national wildlands...really! There is nothing there except desert, cactus, and some lizards! Waste of money! This is former President Eisenhower's mess and we must clean it up!

-Taxes: This will be a non-issue if all of the above took place. A small tax to help run what government is left!

There is so much more wrong than taxes and stimulus! We are in a world of shit and unless we look at a serious restructuring of our country, we will never see the light at the end of the tunel. Right now the light is a train and it if we are not careful we will crash into it and see our country go completely under.

Merry Christmas to all!

Forum List

Back