Boosters For Delta

Moderna says its Covid vaccine booster produced ‘robust’ immune response against delta

Looks like what I have been saying is close to becoming a reality.

Maybe we can get another emergency approval and get back to work.

WHO's comment about vaccine inequality was disturbing.... really disturbing...as in eugenics disturbing. But no matter...I expect that the new booster shots will be available soon.
It's gonna be interesting to see if a lot more people refuse the boosters
I have a feeling we're gonna see it

The first vaccine produced robust immune response too. It also made your body manufacture trillions of foreign spike proteins that are known to cause all kinds of problems. So go ahead and make your body do it again. What could go wrong?

And when the name on the card doesn’t match your driver’s license??

Oops
Yet somehow you can't see how that system could work for voting. Unbelievable. Do you folks not see your 'papers please' society will get in the way of your whining about voter ID?

The first vaccine produced robust immune response too. It also made your body manufacture trillions of foreign spike proteins that are known to cause all kinds of problems. So go ahead and make your body do it again. What could go wrong?
There are instances of stage 1 trials going well but when they got to stage 2 trials there were tons of issues...
There are very specific problems known to happen from a trial of mRNA vaccines going wrong. The scientist are looking for these issues...they usually manifest inside of 10 days. Blood tests usually show whether or not there is a green light for stage 3 trials. The test drug is given in dosages much much larger than what will be prescribed for the general population to try to induce possible reactions.

Stage 3 trials (double blind) involve a larger blend of the population at large with proscribed quantities of the test pharmaceutical. Also some sort of placebo is given to those not given the test drug/vaccine.

All these stages require hundreds of people who are looking to be the whistle blower and expose the failure of the drug. Lots of rewards are there for discovering a problem with a drug/vaccine. It is very difficult to get drug approval...99% of test drugs fail.

There are instances of stage 1 trials going well but when they got to stage 2 trials there were tons of issues...
There are very specific problems known to happen from a trial of mRNA vaccines going wrong. The scientist are looking for these issues...they usually manifest inside of 10 days. Blood tests usually show whether or not there is a green light for stage 3 trials. The test drug is given in dosages much much larger than what will be prescribed for the general population to try to induce possible reactions.

Stage 3 trials (double blind) involve a larger blend of the population at large with proscribed quantities of the test pharmaceutical. Also some sort of placebo is given to those not given the test drug/vaccine.

All these stages require hundreds of people who are looking to be the whistle blower and expose the failure of the drug. Lots of rewards are there for discovering a problem with a drug/vaccine. It is very difficult to get drug approval...99% of test drugs fail.
I hope nothing drastic happens in the next 2+ years, but absolutely nobody knows, and that is why it is still an experimental treatment. I really do hope nothing bad happens, because like all of us, so many of the people I care about have taken the jab. I don't understand you vaxxers, and that's ok.

The real question is ... what will they do when they run out of Greek letters to name the variants?

Will they start all over again with Alpha?
Then they will go into a pool and play "Marco? Polo!"

I just did the Pfizer booster and other than my throat being itchy for about 12 hours, I'm completely over it. I figured I already did two, so what difference does taking a third one make? A few of my family members got hit for about 24 hours with mild fever and aching though. I did it mostly because of some elderly family members that I'm in contact with from time to time. If I was alone, I would never have gotten the vaccine.

As an adult, I've never taken a single vaccine, although as a child I was probably given the standard ones doctors recommended back then. That said, I am completely against imposing any kind of vaccine or mask mandate. Look, if you're worried about getting the virus, go get your fucking vaccine and wear a mask. And if you're really worried and paranoid, then just stay the fuck home and live like a hermit the rest of your life. I guarantee you'll be safe and never get a virus, although you might die of obesity, heart disease or diabetes. Live free or die.

I hope nothing drastic happens in the next 2+ years, but absolutely nobody knows, and that is why it is still an experimental treatment. I really do hope nothing bad happens, because like all of us, so many of the people I care about have taken the jab. I don't understand you vaxxers, and that's ok.
My Father-in-law is/was antivaxxer....
Currently he is sucking on an oxygen bottle trying to slowly wean himself off...they would have hospitalized him except there were no beds available. So they sent him home.
The doctor he originally seen was so politically motivated he didn't think my Father qualified for the antibody cocktail. (He was wrong) but when his O2 levels dropped too much my Mother-in-law (who got the antibody cocktail $1,400+) frog marched him to the ER.

However.... sister-in-law got vaxxed...she ain't been sick and is busy with college and parties and is getting to mow the lawn as a new chore.

As far as my Father-in-law.... eventually they will run tests to find out about kidney and lung damage and etc....they just don't have the bandwidth to determine anything yet.

Strictly from a personal finance point of view...two weeks of missed work, 2 doctor office visits plus 2 ER visits with x-rays follow ups and oxygen bottles and.....
Looking at a $7,000-10,000+ hit vx a government paid jab. (Figured with co-pays and deductibles)

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

It's gonna be interesting to see if a lot more people refuse the boosters
I have a feeling we're gonna see it
I'm not a fan of a third dose of the original mRNA vaccine. It will provide limited protection against the variants for a while but then narrows your immunity to only the original virus moreso than before...causing more breakthrough cases. It will help...but not much or for very long.
Not what we want.

What we need is the Variant Vaccine...
Currently only Moderna has been successful in making one. If Novovax had been successful we would have heard by now with their variant vaccine.
Apparently they have run into issues...but the story might have slipped past me as well....I haven't gone looking for it.

As the new Mu variant takes headlines today by evading all treatments and vaccines and has spread around to 38 countries...

WHO's Newest COVID Variant of Interest Showing Scary, Illusive Characteristics.

This article explains (complete with more links to other competent articles) about how virus mutations happen.

AAAS

This last link is also politics free... meaning it has no bias and is done by competent science.

As the new Mu variant takes headlines today by evading all treatments and vaccines and has spread around to 38 countries...

WHO's Newest COVID Variant of Interest Showing Scary, Illusive Characteristics.

This article explains (complete with more links to other competent articles) about how virus mutations happen.

AAAS

This last link is also politics free... meaning it has no bias and is done by competent science.

Do you really expect Trumpsters to trust articles from "www.science.org"?

C'mon.

Do you really expect Trumpsters to trust articles from "www.science.org"?

C'mon.
I expect politics to continue on...no matter what the "other side" says the opposition will of course attack it furiously. That's politics... reason left political discourse a long time ago.

Meanwhile...real science moves forward.

Forum List

Back