BLM demands the destruction of Jesus statues

‘Tear Them Down’: Shaun King Demands ‘White European’ Jesus Statues ‘Come Down’

22 Jun 2020 ~~ By Peter Hasson
Left-wing activist Shaun King called Monday for the removal of statues, murals and stained glass windows that depict Jesus as a “white European,” which he claimed “are a form of white supremacy.”
“Yes, I think the statues of the white European they claim is Jesus should also come down,” King, a former surrogate on Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’s 2020 presidential campaign, wrote on Twitter. “They are a form of white supremacy. Always have been.”
King’s targeting of religious artwork comes as various activist groups have moved beyond tearing down Confederate statues and are now calling for the removal of other historical monuments.
“In the Bible, when the family of Jesus wanted to hide, and blend in, guess where they went?” he added. “EGYPT! Not Denmark. Tear them down.”
“All murals and stained glass windows of white Jesus, and his European mother, and their white friends should also come down,” King wrote in a second tweet. “They are a gross form of white supremacy.”
Just wait until you get home Shaun, Momma's going to spank you with a 2x4....

Comment:
First it was the all about the confederate flag, then statues of confederate Generals, then slave holders that include Washington, and Jefferson. Today it's the call to bring down the Columbus monument. Not only are #BLM and #Antifa are seeking to destroy history now this idiot seeks to destroy churches.
What would his religiously devoted Christian mother say about this?
Just wait until until you go home. your mother has a 2x4 waiting to hit you upside thehead and teach you lesson.
There's no evidence Jesus existed at all.

There is as much evidence for Jesus as for Tacitus.

By the way...what religion are you?

Well, to be honest, I have always laughed at the people who swear Jesus was white, with blue eyes. That is the overwhelmingly most common portrayal of him. But given where he was born and who his people were, he was closer to black than white.

I have even seen a few people on here defend the "white Jesus" picture as accurate.

Be honest. You laugh at people who believe in Jesus at all. This is just another stick to beat them with. What do you care how religions you don’t subscribe to portray their God?

But to the point the pictures we have of Jesus are probably accurate. You have no reason to believe they aren’t.
No I do,, I’m very Christian I believe in God

Well, to be honest, I have always laughed at the people who swear Jesus was white, with blue eyes. That is the overwhelmingly most common portrayal of him. But given where he was born and who his people were, he was closer to black than white.

I have even seen a few people on here defend the "white Jesus" picture as accurate.
The Bible describes him as having blue eyes blonde hair tall super handsome

What chapter and verse in the Bible? I'll wait.
He was made in the image of God he would not look like his father he wouldn’t look like people in the country he was blonde with blue eyes he was tall and he looked like God

We are told Man was made in the image of God.

If Jesus was a tall, blue eyed blonde, don't you think one of the Apostles would have mentioned it?

I'm still waiting for the chapter and verse. You said it was in the Bible. Tell us all where.
“ The image of God he created a man who stood tall blonde hair deep blue eyes like to sea Coconut tan skin”

You have that in quotation marks. Are you saying that is a quote from the Bible?
Yup

Be honest. You laugh at people who believe in Jesus at all. This is just another stick to beat them with. What do you care how religions you don’t subscribe to portray their God?

But to the point the pictures we have of Jesus are probably accurate. You have no reason to believe they aren’t.

I have never laughed at anyone's religious beliefs. Not once. I respect their right to believe as they choose. I was raised in the church and was a devote Christian for much of my youth.

No, I do not believe. But what I am saying is based on the work of Christian scholars. Check the link I posted from Christianity.com.

I have never laughed at anyone's religious beliefs. Not once. I respect their right to believe as they choose. I was raised in the church and was a devote Christian for much of my youth.

No, I do not believe. But what I am saying is based on the work of Christian scholars. Check the link I posted from Christianity.com.
You ain’t nothing but anitchrist

Kind of a vague source, there. "Ruddy" could also be interpretted as like the Native Americans.

there is no word in hebrew "ruddy"

I assumed this is the word you are talking about;

But I'm glad to hear what other evidence you have?

admoni is a word which refers to blood and earth---and is used to describe a color LIKE blood and earth (as in clay) what is your point?

So point out the chapter and verse you claim exists in the Bible that says Jesus was tall, blue eyed, and blonde. I'll keep waiting.

The antichrist will present himself as religious. Kinda like you do. But claiming to be very Christian and being a violent liar don't quite match up.

So point out the chapter and verse you claim exists in the Bible that says Jesus was tall, blue eyed, and blonde. I'll keep waiting.
I lost the page damn

What chapter and verse did you get your quote from?

“ The image of God he created a man who stood tall blonde hair deep blue eyes like to sea Coconut tan skin” is not quoted from the Bible.

I lost the page damn

I'm sure you did. I'll keep waiting and you keep looking. That quote you posted is NOT from the Bible.

The antichrist will present himself as religious. Kinda like you do. But claiming to be very Christian and being a violent liar don't quite match up.
I’ll squirt Holy water on your face

I’ll squirt Holy water on your face

I'll keep waiting for you to find the right page.

Oh, look: Christians the world over see Him as their own ethnicity.

ethnic jesus.jpg

It's almost like His skin color doesn't matter. Weird, huh?

Kind of a vague source, there. "Ruddy" could also be interpretted as like the Native Americans.

there is no word in hebrew "ruddy"

I assumed this is the word you are talking about;

But I'm glad to hear what other evidence you have?

admoni is a word which refers to blood and earth---and is used to describe a color LIKE blood and earth (as in clay) what is your point?

So where does it say that David had red hair?

Left-wing activist Shaun King called Monday for the removal of statues, murals and stained glass windows that depict Jesus as a “white European,” which he claimed “are a form of white supremacy.”
“Yes, I think the statues of the white European they claim is Jesus should also come down,” King, a former surrogate on Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’s 2020 presidential campaign, wrote on Twitter. “They are a form of white supremacy. Always have been.”
King’s targeting of religious artwork comes as various activist groups have moved beyond tearing down Confederate statues and are now calling for the removal of other historical monuments.
“In the Bible, when the family of Jesus wanted to hide, and blend in, guess where they went?” he added. “EGYPT! Not Denmark. Tear them down.”
“All murals and stained glass windows of white Jesus, and his European mother, and their white friends should also come down,” King wrote in a second tweet. “They are a gross form of white supremacy.”

Comment:
First it was the all about the confederate flag, then statues of confederate Generals, then slave holders that include Washington, and Jefferson. Today it's the call to bring down the Columbus monument. Not only are #BLM and #Antifa are seeking to destroy history now this idiot seeks to destroy churches.
Just wait until until you go home. your mother has a 2x4 waiting to hit you upside thehead and teach you lesson.
American Taliban

Comment:
American Taliban

Yeah, the idea of tearing up churches and art is insane. I do NOT support any of that destruction. Having said that, if Jesus actually existed he did not look like the images that European artists portrayed as Jesus.

Forum List

Back