BLM criticizes Thanksgivng

So, you're saying that William Bradford was lying to himself in his journals?

What's the source of your version of history?
I am saying that your version of history is inaccurate. Because the only history you read ad accept is what was writteen by whites like Bradford.

Long marginalized and misrepresented in the American story, the Wampanoags are braced for what’s coming this month as the country marks the 400th anniversary of the first Thanksgiving between the Pilgrims and Indians.

But the actual history of what happened in 1621 bears little resemblance to what most Americans are taught in grade school, historians say. There was likely no turkey served. There were no feathered headdresses worn. And, initially, there was no effort by the Pilgrims to invite the Wampanoags to the feast they’d made possible.

Just as Native American activists have demanded the removal of Christopher Columbus statues and pushed to transform the Columbus holiday into an acknowledgment of his brutality toward Indigenous people, they have long objected to the popular portrayal of Thanksgiving.

For the Wampanoags and many other American Indians, the fourth Thursday in November is considered a day of mourning, not a day of celebration.

Because while the Wampanoags did help the Pilgrims survive, their support was followed by years of a slow, unfolding genocide of their people and the taking of their land.

Why should they say say we? The point was to make the individual think about it from a personal point of view. "I am pointing directly at you not we." does that make sense to you?
We all know there were a bunch of land disputes and wars over land.

An ancient civilization could not stand up to a more modern civilization. It happened all over the fucking world.

We don't do that anymore, but there is nothing we can do to turn back the clock and fix it.

The norms of the past were wrong. The world was a much bigger place back then with wildly different concepts and understandings.

Technology, brought forth BECAUSE white people moved here, made the world more in sync on concepts of civilization and property, although Marx and the endless gang of fucked-up twats who have completely misinterpreted Marx and fucked up his entire theory, have tried to reverse those modern concepts of property, but they have failed EVERYWHERE.

:dunno:

We all know there were a bunch of land disputes and wars over land.

An ancient civilization could not stand up to a more modern civilization. It happened all over the fucking world.

We don't do that anymore, but there is nothing we can do to turn back the clock and fix it.

The norms of the past were wrong. The world was a much bigger place back then with wildly different concepts and understandings.

Technology, brought forth BECAUSE white people moved here, made the world more in sync on concepts of civilization and property, although Marx and the endless gang of fucked-up twats who have completely misinterpreted Marx and fucked up his entire theory, have tried to reverse those modern concepts of property, but they have failed EVERYWHERE.

:dunno:
Wrong.

Why should they say say we? The point was to make the individual think about it from a personal point of view. "I am pointing directly at you not we." does that make sense to you?
It could, but not really, especially on these forums, when YOU is used, it is directed at whites.

The Vikings tried coming here and routinely got whipped. Native Americans did not steal anything from them.
/——/ The Injuns came over from Russia. My family has been here since the 1700s. I’m as much Native American as any injun.

These blacks be mad because other blacks snatched up their ancestors and sold them to Euros for shiny things like ab 81' El Dorado.

Forum List

Back