New COVID variant is a "big jump in evolution"

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

I am afraid we are in for a long term battle to fight off the many variants of COVID. Not only do we have to fight off the new strains appearing, we need to fight off the armies of misinformation and lies that seem determined to prolong the pandemic. I wonder if the drug companies are funding them to extend their profit making?

I am afraid we are in for a long term battle to fight off the many variants of COVID. Not only do we have to fight off the new strains appearing, we need to fight off the armies of misinformation and lies that seem determined to prolong the pandemic. I wonder if the drug companies are funding them to extend their profit making?
Biden admin is restricting travel with 8 countries, remember when it was xenophobic and racist for doing that during Trumps time ?

Get under your bed, mama will protect you. Damn you people are cowards.

The mutation factor has always been a giant question mark. Viruses tend to evolve towards being less deadly and more contagious but with this one we really don't know. Random mutations could just as easily produce a mass killer or a benign strain that will harmlessly live in us forever.

No doubt they are taking advantage of the stupidity running rampant. Someone on this very forum said that the variants were caused by the vaccine. How gullible can you possibly be to believe that. I think the first round of vax may be obsolete. So much for catching it before it gets out of control. Now we are in a reactionary position instead of a proactive position.

The mutation factor has always been a giant question mark. Viruses tend to evolve towards being less deadly and more contagious but with this one we really don't know. Random mutations could just as easily produce a mass killer or a benign strain that will harmlessly live in us forever.

The "benign strain that will harmlessly live with us forever" is the likeliest outcome. The common cold (which is actually many different viruses) includes corona versions.

Last edited:

Did you somehow miss the already too many threads on this?

Glad to see Xiden reintroducing some of Trumps policies to help keep these variants out, but i am scared it’s too little to late and we will likely see more of these popping up in the united states

Viruses evolve to be less deadly because mankind's immune system evolves to become less susceptible, and subsequent variations are also weakened throughout time. Take the common cold for example: There was a time in our evolution where a cold could be deadly.

Forum List

Back