Black Professor: Asking Black Students to Write Using Standard English is 'Anti-Black Linguistic Racism'

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Linear Time
Look at this garbage, they're trying to make "ebonics" out to be something of a standard. University of Michigan was once considered Ivy League before affirmative action took over.

How does she account for what would happen if a white person in a swahili speaking school took the reciprocal approach to hers? Better yet, what would she call it if a black or a white student was in a university in Japan and demanded that ebonics or English be the language that the material was presented?

Look at this garbage, they're trying to make "ebonics" out to be something of a standard. University of Michigan was once considered Ivy League before affirmative action took over.

Idiot professor.

That's a funny scene in airplane. I love when the old white lady talks back. Good stuff.

I'd be willing to bet that not a single one of those black students can speak, read, or write a single word of Swahili.

Fucking wannabe posers have alot of nerve calling themselves "African Americans." :laughing0301:

Setting their students up for failure and dragging Americas future down with them. Identify as a pumpkin, don't learn to read,.write, or do math,.no requirement to be be punctual, you dont fail if you actually fail a class and instead become an activist and protest against those who are trying to be successful. Sounds like a great investment!

This is why I have been and continue to be a strong advocate for establishing basic American English as the official language of the USA, i.e. the language that business and government will be conducted in.

No one who is not sufficiently proficient in the English language to conduct basic every day personal business should become a naturalized citizen. No one who cannot read simple instructions and road signs in English should receive a driver's license. No one who cannot register to vote in English and read or understand a ballot in the English language should vote. Etc.

All official government documents will be printed in English and all classroom instruction, other than in language classes, will be given in English. To print ordinary instructions, ballots or whatever in more than one language is unfair to the 7,000+ other languages that may be spoken.

That does not mean that Americans should not be encouraged to speak more than one language or infer that anybody cannot speak whatever language they want in private conversations.

It is the very best way to help all Americans or would be Americans be fully able to benefit from the best America has to offer and have the best shot to reach for the American dream.

Interesting that the professor uses standard English to express her views.

This is why I have been and continue to be a strong advocate for establishing basic American English as the official language of the USA, i.e. the language that business and government will be conducted in.

No one who is not sufficiently proficient in the English language to conduct basic every day personal business should become a naturalized citizen. No one who cannot read simple instructions and road signs in English should receive a driver's license. No one who cannot register to vote in English and read or understand a ballot in the English language should vote. Etc.

All official government documents will be printed in English and all classroom instruction, other than in language classes, will be given in English. To print ordinary instructions, ballots or whatever in more than one language is unfair to the 7,000+ other languages that may be spoken.

That does not mean that Americans should not be encouraged to speak more than one language or infer that anybody cannot speak whatever language they want in private conversations.

It is the very best way to help all Americans or would be Americans be fully able to benefit from the best America has to offer and have the best shot to reach for the American dream.
I agree. They should also be able to take a test on the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I agree. They should also be able to take a test on the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
That is the part of the training for new immigrants. It should be required curriculum in every middle school, high school, and college/university as well. I used to teach constitution classes to immigrants studying for their citizenship exams. There were no more eager students or that soaked up the content and intent in its entirety than those wonderful people.

That is the part of the training for new immigrants. It should be required curriculum in every middle school, high school, and college/university as well. I used to teach constitution classes to immigrants studying for their citizenship exams. There were no more eager students or that soaked up the content and intent in its entirety than those wonderful people.
It was required in my eighth grade civics class at Lynn Jr. High in Las Cruces in the 60s.

I don't see a problem with this. If blacks who wanted to use non standard English, their window to conduct businesses or landing a job narrow.

Forum List

Back