Black Communities Ravaged by COVID-19. Black Churches Still Meeting.

You decided to bring race into an issue that had nothing to do with race.

Good riddance. I have stated that black churches need to close. I just find it ironic how you decided to post about black churches. Black churches are churches just like white churches, so any church that is still holding services should not be and is putting the people in their community in jeopardy. You're a hypocrite sue, that's why I am on you. You are a self righteous racist, homophobic, xenophobic, anti life piece of garbage that hides behind the bible to justify your bigotry. Then when you get called on it, you want to try gaslighting people again trying to use god. So understand this, all of us are capable of determining how god has thought on things because he gives us that power to seek and to question him. So me saying this virus is a punishment on people such as you for your unrepentant ways is based on the requirements taught in the bible itself.

So you better get right, because at this point you are a Pharisee and Pharisees are not in good standing with the lord. And that's according to the lord himself, not me.
Ingrates like SweetSue92 are heathens, and will be spewed out when He returns. He will say to them, "I do not know you."

Moreover, they will be punished more severely for FALSELY using the Bible for their own nefarious and evil earthly purposes.

Last edited:
And yet, AMAZINGLY, White Leftist Shamers on USMB are silent about it and we don't see any Black Pastors being arrested on television. We have fat crocodile tears about the "mega churches". (Black churches are never "mega churches" for some reason.)

I wonder why that is, any ideas?

When deciding to close the doors of black churches, congregational leaders across the US wrestle with unique considerations. Paul J. James, pastor of CareView Community Church in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania, noted in an interview with The Undefeated how closing is “counterintuitive to most churches, especially the black church… where we’re just glad to get together because of how hard life has been historically for us here in America. Church has been a safe place for us. It’s been a safe harbor. Now here we are faced with the inability to come together.”

Last week, the federal government strongly urged Americans not to gather in groups of more than 10, and restrictions keep coming. We suspect that many churches will close in the near future, but the decision will not been easy.

In St. Louis, the mayor hosted a teleconference with 300 clergy, including many of black churches, to urge them not to hold services. While some chose to stop meetings and modify their ministries, others struggled to make the change.

In Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer banned gatherings of more than 50 but then exempted churches from penalties. This will give some churches more options, though many are choosing to modify in some way. Triumph Church, which has seven locations in the Detroit area, will continue to gather in person, for now, though it expanded the number of services to reduce congregation size and is asking members to register ahead of time so it can maintain at least six feet between worshippers. It is also providing an online service and a drive-in service.

A lot of things inform these responses to the coronavirus outbreak: culture, histories of discrimination, and marginalization, as well as faith-based values. People experience events like COVID-19 not only as individuals but also in communities and in the social locations we inhabit. As social scientists—Deidra as a black woman doing research on HPV and Elaine as a white woman who studies how religious organizations respond to science—we offer some observations based on our research for the past 10 years at the Religion and Public Life Program at Rice University. We have been gathering upwards of 150 religious and civic leaders regularly to talk about how we can use social science research on religion to build common ground for the common good.

Drop the white victimhood lady. There are black mega churches. And apparently blacks in Florida aren't holding services in churches. And its always funny when a republican like you suddenly gets so concerned about blacks only after somebody white gets arrested for something that you can't see blacks getting arrested for.

Nobody black will be calling COVID19 a racist disease. But that's how you racists see black people. Normal non racist whites would not make that kind of comment.

Black churches need to close just like everybody else. But what you really need to do Sue is work on ending the racism in the white community that has you posting this instead of whining "what about black pastors, why don't they get arrested."
Why must there still be ‘black’ churches and why does everyone have to accept that without question?

Why are there black churches? Could it be because black folks couldn't attend the white ones. Duh.

Don't hurt em with documented history like that Superbad. They want to live with amnesia in peace.
And who is stopping them now? No one. Just because blacks refuse to integrate doesn’t mean non-blacks are segregationist. You have it completely on the wrong foot.
What's stopping whites from attending black churches? Answer that one.
The same thing that stops any assimilated American regardless of skin color.

Wrong. You want to make it like blacks are the racists when everything about the black relationship with whites is due to our response to white racism. That's why black churches exist, it is why black organizations exist, etc. We did not create the exclusion, whites did. There is no assimilation into white culture, there is a creation of a multi cultural nation that is inclusive.
If it was still 1965 you’d have a point.
But just as with so many other issues, the messenger becomes bigger than the message and must perpetuate and amplify a mostly non-existent problem in order to justify their existence.

Ok let's start from scratch here. Black folks were NOT ALLOWED to attend White churches up until the late 60s, so black folks had to create their OWN places of worship. After integration are you saying that we were suppose to just shut down ALL the black churches and go worship at white churches.
55 years is a long time. And you don’t have to shut black churches. Just encourage assimilation. But that would undermine the existence of the NAACP’s of the world.

So why don't whites assimilate to Black Churches if it's that easy.
You mean why don’t assimilated people become black? Black culture segregates itself in the name of perceived blackness and transcends geography. It’s rooted in skin color. Assimilated people reflect the culture of their region. Most are white but the skin color isn’t the predicate.
You have the shoe on the wrong foot.

Didn't answer the question, why haven't white folks started attending black churches. There is no ban of white folks in black churches so your analogy makes no sense.
Because they don’t identify with a self-segregating culture that defines itself by a different and specific skin color. It’s a foreign country. Africa America.

I guess that explains Irish-Americans, Italian-Americans, German-Americans, Polish-Americans, etc.
And they’ve all assimilated and speak the dialect of the region. Segregationist blacks speak the same dialect regardless of region. That puts it in perspective.

You are avoiding the question. Why haven't whites assimilated to black churches?
The last thing you want is for whites to be like blacks. Do you really want white mobs beating down black people?

Because that's how you think of blacks, as people who form mobs and beat people?
It happens all the time.
All the time? Yeah, not an accurate description, I don't think.
Here is a mob beating from today. Like i said, its very common.

I wouldn't call 3 15-year-old girls a mob. :dunno:

Also, while the girl in the picture appears to be black, there's no indication of the other 2 involved in the assault.

Mob attacks happen, sure. I still question your use of the phrase "all the time," though.
Would you feel better if i said it is VERY common?

I'd feel better if I knew just how often you think it happens that mobs of black people beat others. As it is, I don't know if you'd consider once a day or once a month very common. :p

And yet, AMAZINGLY, White Leftist Shamers on USMB are silent about it and we don't see any Black Pastors being arrested on television. We have fat crocodile tears about the "mega churches". (Black churches are never "mega churches" for some reason.)

When deciding to close the doors of black churches, congregational leaders across the US wrestle with unique considerations. Paul J. James, pastor of CareView Community Church in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania, noted in an interview with The Undefeated how closing is “counterintuitive to most churches, especially the black church… where we’re just glad to get together because of how hard life has been historically for us here in America. Church has been a safe place for us. It’s been a safe harbor. Now here we are faced with the inability to come together.”

Last week, the federal government strongly urged Americans not to gather in groups of more than 10, and restrictions keep coming. We suspect that many churches will close in the near future, but the decision will not been easy.

In St. Louis, the mayor hosted a teleconference with 300 clergy, including many of black churches, to urge them not to hold services. While some chose to stop meetings and modify their ministries, others struggled to make the change.

In Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer banned gatherings of more than 50 but then exempted churches from penalties. This will give some churches more options, though many are choosing to modify in some way. Triumph Church, which has seven locations in the Detroit area, will continue to gather in person, for now, though it expanded the number of services to reduce congregation size and is asking members to register ahead of time so it can maintain at least six feet between worshippers. It is also providing an online service and a drive-in service.

A lot of things inform these responses to the coronavirus outbreak: culture, histories of discrimination, and marginalization, as well as faith-based values. People experience events like COVID-19 not only as individuals but also in communities and in the social locations we inhabit. As social scientists—Deidra as a black woman doing research on HPV and Elaine as a white woman who studies how religious organizations respond to science—we offer some observations based on our research for the past 10 years at the Religion and Public Life Program at Rice University. We have been gathering upwards of 150 religious and civic leaders regularly to talk about how we can use social science research on religion to build common ground for the common good.

Drop the white victimhood lady. There are black mega churches. And apparently blacks in Florida aren't holding services in churches. And its always funny when a republican like you suddenly gets so concerned about blacks only after somebody white gets arrested for something that you can't see blacks getting arrested for.

Nobody black will be calling COVID19 a racist disease. But that's how you racists see black people. Normal non racist whites would not make that kind of comment.

Black churches need to close just like everybody else. But what you really need to do Sue is work on ending the racism in the white community that has you posting this instead of whining "what about black pastors, why don't they get arrested."
Why must there still be ‘black’ churches and why does everyone have to accept that without question?

Why are there black churches? Could it be because black folks couldn't attend the white ones. Duh.

Don't hurt em with documented history like that Superbad. They want to live with amnesia in peace.
And who is stopping them now? No one. Just because blacks refuse to integrate doesn’t mean non-blacks are segregationist. You have it completely on the wrong foot.

Wrong. You want to make it like blacks are the racists when everything about the black relationship with whites is due to our response to white racism. That's why black churches exist, it is why black organizations exist, etc. We did not create the exclusion, whites did. There is no assimilation into white culture, there is a creation of a multi cultural nation that is inclusive.
But just as with so many other issues, the messenger becomes bigger than the message and must perpetuate and amplify a mostly non-existent problem in order to justify their existence.

Ok let's start from scratch here. Black folks were NOT ALLOWED to attend White churches up until the late 60s, so black folks had to create their OWN places of worship. After integration are you saying that we were suppose to just shut down ALL the black churches and go worship at white churches.
55 years is a long time. And you don’t have to shut black churches. Just encourage assimilation. But that would undermine the existence of the NAACP’s of the world.

You mean why don’t assimilated people become black? Black culture segregates itself in the name of perceived blackness and transcends geography. It’s rooted in skin color. Assimilated people reflect the culture of their region. Most are white but the skin color isn’t the predicate.

Didn't answer the question, why haven't white folks started attending black churches. There is no ban of white folks in black churches so your analogy makes no sense.
Because they don’t identify with a self-segregating culture that defines itself by a different and specific skin color. It’s a foreign country. Africa America.

I guess that explains Irish-Americans, Italian-Americans, German-Americans, Polish-Americans, etc.
And they’ve all assimilated and speak the dialect of the region. Segregationist blacks speak the same dialect regardless of region. That puts it in perspective.

You are avoiding the question. Why haven't whites assimilated to black churches?
The last thing you want is for whites to be like blacks. Do you really want white mobs beating down black people?

Because that's how you think of blacks, as people who form mobs and beat people?
It happens all the time.

Also, while the girl in the picture appears to be black, there's no indication of the other 2 involved in the assault.

Mob attacks happen, sure. I still question your use of the phrase "all the time," though.

I'd feel better if I knew just how often you think it happens that mobs of black people beat others. As it is, I don't know if you'd consider once a day or once a month very common. :p
Its more common than lynchings of black people in the past. We STILL keep hearing about those, so surely you shouldnt be upset over complaints about modern day lynchings.

It happens all the time.

Its more common than lynchings of black people in the past. We STILL keep hearing about those, so surely you shouldnt be upset over complaints about modern day lynchings.

Modern day lynchings? You really do go all in with the hyperbole, don't you?

You decided to bring race into an issue that had nothing to do with race.

Good riddance. I have stated that black churches need to close. I just find it ironic how you decided to post about black churches. Black churches are churches just like white churches, so any church that is still holding services should not be and is putting the people in their community in jeopardy. You're a hypocrite sue, that's why I am on you. You are a self righteous racist, homophobic, xenophobic, anti life piece of garbage that hides behind the bible to justify your bigotry. Then when you get called on it, you want to try gaslighting people again trying to use god. So understand this, all of us are capable of determining how god has thought on things because he gives us that power to seek and to question him. So me saying this virus is a punishment on people such as you for your unrepentant ways is based on the requirements taught in the bible itself.

So you better get right, because at this point you are a Pharisee and Pharisees are not in good standing with the lord. And that's according to the lord himself, not me.
Ingrates like SweetSue92 are heathens, and will be spewed out when He returns. He will say to them, "I do not know you."

Moreover, they will be punished more severely for FALSELY using the Bible for their own nefarious and evil earthly purposes.
Projecting again I see.

Funny how anti-Gods so easily throw out "judge not" unless they're doing the judging.

It happens all the time.

You sure dont like it when people bring up violent racist black mobs attacking people. What is that about?

It happens all the time.

You sure dont like it when people bring up violent racist black mobs attacking people. What is that about?

Bring it up all you like. When you call 3 teenage girls a mob, when you say it happens all the time, though, you are being disingenuous about it. Calling people getting beat up by a mob the equivalent of "modern day lynchings" is minimizing lynchings, exaggerating mob violence today, or both.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but so far you've neither specified what you think constitutes "all the time" when it comes to black mobs beating people, nor provided much evidence. I don't doubt that it happens, I question your characterization of it as a common occurrence.

You need to make sense if you want answers
Jew no speekiee Eengleesh?

What, is God's best intentions for us, as humans, according to the Bible?

You're a self-proclaimed Christian, aren't you?

Answer the question.

tenor.gif

And it proclaims itself as being rooted in whiteness in its name or mission statement? Name one.
Nice trick, you're not going to send me on a wild goose chase, when there's thousands of them already out there in actuality.

Next thing you know you're gonna ask me to produce a church where the Pastor's name is Bubba Jebediah.

You can wait for it.

tumblr_oev6fdugjH1tqyfyuo2_400.gif

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

And it proclaims itself as being rooted in whiteness in its name or mission statement? Name one.
Nice trick, you're not going to send me on a wild goose chase, when there's thousands of them already out there in actuality.

Next thing you know you're gonna ask me to produce a church where the Pastor's name is Bubba Jebediah.

You can wait for it.

tumblr_oev6fdugjH1tqyfyuo2_400.gif

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC
Name one.

Forum List

Back