Billions to be wasted again, for return trips to Moon.?!?

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
Here we go again. I hear on the news, that billions are to spent on another set of Moon missions, for return trips to the Moon.!?! The Moon is a dead life less rock in space.! There is nothing there.!?!! Why do we need to return to the Moon??. Is there not other things we could spend those billions of dollars on??!! I wonder who is leading some of these space delivery companies. What are these CEO's of these companies thinking?. This is all one big waste of money.??!

~10% of spending goes to other or ~$700B to run the GOVT (overhead). They never slowor reduce at any time.

Salaries, Travel, security, medical, parties, trips, lodging, food, hair, makeup, pharmacy, SUV caravans, pensions. Complete insanity. Along with $700B interest payment? Nearly $2.5T almost completely wasted annually. No value added. Nothing produced. No Im not drinking. Maybe NFL and half a Tram. They party hard, live well.

Why go to the Moon if here on Earth is only shit happening? solve this first

Only asking,
I’ll take a stab at an answer:

Going back to the moon comes with lots of advantages. It could be used as a much easier launching pad for future missions to Mars and for things like mining asteroids. We could think in terms of future acquisition of resources.

The development of technology, just from engaging in the effort, also brings benefits as it did in our original NaSA program efforts.

I recognize that there is a very serious (legitimate) question about whether it his a proper role of our government (and use of our tax dollars) to be the ones engaging in space exploration, etc. but I am deliberately leaving that topic for another thread since I’m not sure it’s what the OP was addressing.

Here we go again. I hear on the news, that billions are to spent on another set of Moon missions, for return trips to the Moon.!?! The Moon is a dead life less rock in space.! There is nothing there.!?!! Why do we need to return to the Moon??. Is there not other things we could spend those billions of dollars on??!! I wonder who is leading some of these space delivery companies. What are these CEO's of these companies thinking?. This is all one big waste of money.??!

When there is an eclipse; do you shriek, shit yourself, and go hide in your cave until the world comes back again? Maybe you peek outside after a month, see an interracial couple, and go back to hide for another two months?

For some people, intelligence and evolution just didn't stick.

I’ll take a stab at an answer:

Going back to the moon comes with lots of advantages. It could be used as a much easier launching pad for future missions to Mars and for things like mining asteroids. We could think in terms of future acquisition of resources.

The development of technology, just from engaging in the effort, also brings benefits as it did in our original NaSA program efforts.

I recognize that there is a very serious (legitimate) question about whether it his a proper role of our government (and use of our tax dollars) to be the ones engaging in space exploration, etc. but I am deliberately leaving that topic for another thread since I’m not sure it’s what the OP was addressing.

Thank you for answering....yes I understand.....but that's another way of saying we will take all our mistakes to another planet.....without fixing them here first

We will take all our errors and everything we did wrong over here....to the Moon....and beyond

....you know what I mean?

Thank you for answering....yes I understand.....but that's another way of saying we will take all our mistakes to another planet.....without fixing them here first

You mean keep a "baby" in diapers sleeping in a crib until he earns his PhD in his 30s or 40s? Good plan.

We will take all our errors and everything we did wrong over here....to the Moon....and beyond

I do. I understand that concern. I just don’t share it.

Going to space and even creating colonies on other planets, etc., doesn’t require that we persist in making the mistakes we have been historically making

But just as it’s a terrible and easily avoidable mistake to put all ones’s eggs in one basket, I maintain it would be a mistake not to recognize the danger humanity might face if we don’t spread out. I favor the option of diluting the risk.

do you even realize the stuff developed because of the space program?

I do. I understand that concern. I just don’t share it.

Going to space and even creating colonies on other planets, etc., doesn’t require that we persist in making the mistakes we have been historically making

But just as it’s a terrible and easily avoidable mistake to put all ones’s eggs in one basket, I maintain it would be a mistake not to recognize the danger humanity might face if we don’t spread out. I favor the option of diluting the risk.

Yes....but perhaps it would be good to get spiritually higher so to speak....peace and love....LOL....if you want ....that's what I mean in a sense.....

....before spreading the hatred here on Earth ... all across the Universe?

Yes....but perhaps it would be good to get spiritually higher so to speak....peace and love....LOL....if you want ....that's what I mean in a sense.....

If we blow it before we get sufficiently advanced, that won’t happen.

Again, I say we need to take a chance on us.

all across the universe?.....we are just at the moon skye......

Forum List

Back