Bill O'Reilly a Liar Like Brian Williams?

Bill O'Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem

The Fox News host has said he was in a "war zone" that apparently no American correspondent reached.

... O'Reilly has recounted dramatic stories about his own war reporting that don't withstand scrutiny—even claiming he acted heroically in a war zone that he apparently never set foot in.

O'Reilly has repeatedly told his audience that he was a war correspondent during the Falklands war and that he experienced combat during that 1982 conflict between England and Argentina. He has often invoked this experience to emphasize that he understands war as only someone who has witnessed it could. As he once put it, "I've been there. That's really what separates me from most of these other bloviators. I bloviate, but I bloviate about stuff I've seen. They bloviate about stuff that they haven't."

Fox News and O'Reilly did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

Here are instances when O'Reilly touted his time as a war correspondent during the Falklands conflict:

But read what he says here:

Bill O Reilly s war zone stories questioned - Feb. 20 2015

To be fair he is not currently employed by a news organization. He's an entertainer but many still believe Fox News is actually news.

Should he be held to the same standard as real journalist, Brian Wilson? I believe he should be but he won't. Fox will not fire hin or admit he lied. He will, in his own words, "bloviate" through this and Fox will just go on lying.

O'Reilly is a lying blowhard who "made his name" doing "ambush journalism".

In essence he is the cable equivalent of a tabloid journalist.

I am not in the least surprised to discover that he is as much of a hypocrite as he is a liar.

And no, Faux Noise won't suspend him without pay for 6 months because they have admitted in court that they are entitled to lie to their viewers because they are not a legitimate news organization.

you don't need bona fides to excel in the right wingoverse media :alcoholic: Just spoon it out & the sheeple audience :tinfoil: will lap it up, no questions asked.

All you need for proof is the way say someone like BullKurtz will link an article but not read past the headline and end up "stepping in it" :lol:

War correspondents often see conflict up close. Nobody with him claims he's lying. Only liberals trying to prop up another lying liberal and they don't know, they just assume.

BTW, Mother Jones is no different from the Enquirer. Don't put stock in their leftist propaganda.

who the hell cares what Bill O'Reilly says?

no one watches fox more than the liberals it seems.

let me guess, this came from mediamatters?

I haven't watched O'Reilly in frikken years

Bill O'Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem

The Fox News host has said he was in a "war zone" that apparently no American correspondent reached.

... O'Reilly has recounted dramatic stories about his own war reporting that don't withstand scrutiny—even claiming he acted heroically in a war zone that he apparently never set foot in.

O'Reilly has repeatedly told his audience that he was a war correspondent during the Falklands war and that he experienced combat during that 1982 conflict between England and Argentina. He has often invoked this experience to emphasize that he understands war as only someone who has witnessed it could. As he once put it, "I've been there. That's really what separates me from most of these other bloviators. I bloviate, but I bloviate about stuff I've seen. They bloviate about stuff that they haven't."

Fox News and O'Reilly did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

Here are instances when O'Reilly touted his time as a war correspondent during the Falklands conflict:

But read what he says here:

Bill O Reilly s war zone stories questioned - Feb. 20 2015

To be fair he is not currently employed by a news organization. He's an entertainer but many still believe Fox News is actually news.

Should he be held to the same standard as real journalist, Brian Wilson? I believe he should be but he won't. Fox will not fire hin or admit he lied. He will, in his own words, "bloviate" through this and Fox will just go on lying.

When will you liberals grow a brain? O'Reilly didn't lie. These are trumped up allegations to take the heat off the williams debacle over at NBC! Keep drinking the kool aid.

for "not caring", the resident rw'ers sure do seem to be falling over themselves to discount the article starting w/ rw lunch lady

John "I shot myself in the blooming arse with a grain of rice" Kerry lied about his Walt Kurtz Christmas trip to Cambodia

Not just Fox who won't hold him responsible. The usual RWs are lining up to lie FOR him as well.

Anybody surprised?

Gullible RWs is why Fox gets away with telling the truth in only 18% of their stories.
And your spamming continues.

Every bogus claim by you is disputed and your constant response is that the usual rw response is to lie.

For someone who lies and constantly facilitates liars you sure seem to hate lying.

Not just Fox who won't hold him responsible. The usual RWs are lining up to lie FOR him as well.

Anybody surprised?

Gullible RWs is why Fox gets away with telling the truth in only 18% of their stories.
And your spamming continues.

Every bogus claim by you is disputed and your constant response is that the usual rw response is to lie.

For someone who lies and constantly facilitates liars you sure seem to hate lying.

Okay ... so dispute it.

With FACTS.

You can't. That's why you always resort to childish name calling.

the lefties/progressives are nothing if not predictable

Williams is found to be a fraud so they have to hunt down a so called conservative who they are now calling out as one

The difference though is that Bill O'Reilly is not a journalist. He should be held as accountable as Jon Stewart would be if he lied.

That's true, but to have Faux News viewers wanting Williams fired for his lies which never amounted to lying about serving in the military when O'Reilly clearly tried to make his audience think he had served in the military......and then getting mad at someone challenging him about it and getting upset and insulting.....that smacks of hypocrisy.

the lefties/progressives are nothing if not predictable

Williams is found to be a fraud so they have to hunt down a so called conservative who they are now calling out as one

And the rightards are hypocrites.....they get all upset over someone lying, but try to make all kinds of excuses when someone from their party does the same thing, and even worse. There is nothing worse than pretending to have served in the military - and Billo's ass has never seen real combat as from serving in the military. He's a fraud and you don't have the decency to admit it.

Forum List

Back