Biden to let Trump slide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiew37

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2016
Trump will leave office soon. But we can’t let him escape accountability for his misdeeds.
I completely agree with this view. You can't let the damage done to our Democracy by this buffoon go unpunished. You can't let a future President feel they are beyond the law. He must pay and pay severely for his many crimes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...t-let-him-escape-accountability-his-misdeeds/

Which leads to this disheartening line in the NBC News story:
One of the reasons [Biden] has given aides is that he believes investigations would alienate the more than 73 million Americans who voted for Trump, the people familiar with the discussions said.
You have got to be kidding me.
Those 73 million Americans voted for the most corrupt president in American history, a con man and a liar and a bigot and a tax cheat and a sexual predator and someone who as we speak is poisoning our democracy on his way out the door. And Biden is worried that exposing his misdeeds will hurt their feelings?
We can’t simply act as though the four-year ordeal we all just lived through was nothing but a bad dream. We need to understand the full scope of the damage and how our system failed to stop it. In some cases, that will involve investigating Donald Trump and those who helped him, and if there’s a way to hold them accountable, that’s just what we should do. It’s not a distraction. It’s an obligation.

Trump will leave office soon. But we can’t let him escape accountability for his misdeeds.
I completely agree with this view. You can't let the damage done to our Democracy by this buffoon go unpunished. You can't let a future President feel they are beyond the law. He must pay and pay severely for his many crimes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...t-let-him-escape-accountability-his-misdeeds/

Which leads to this disheartening line in the NBC News story:
One of the reasons [Biden] has given aides is that he believes investigations would alienate the more than 73 million Americans who voted for Trump, the people familiar with the discussions said.
You have got to be kidding me.
Those 73 million Americans voted for the most corrupt president in American history, a con man and a liar and a bigot and a tax cheat and a sexual predator and someone who as we speak is poisoning our democracy on his way out the door. And Biden is worried that exposing his misdeeds will hurt their feelings?
We can’t simply act as though the four-year ordeal we all just lived through was nothing but a bad dream. We need to understand the full scope of the damage and how our system failed to stop it. In some cases, that will involve investigating Donald Trump and those who helped him, and if there’s a way to hold them accountable, that’s just what we should do. It’s not a distraction. It’s an obligation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back