Biden says he would shut down the country

Joe Biden says that if it were necessary to stop the spread of COVID-19, he would shut the country down.

Biden says he would shut the country down again if necessary to fight against COVID-19 spread
So he would send all the people who work in the WH home?

Why not? They can work from home.

Tens of millions can't work from home.

And they will need assistance until this is over.

They need to work. A pitiful govt handout isnt going to do it.

Joe Biden says that if it were necessary to stop the spread of COVID-19, he would shut the country down.

Biden says he would shut the country down again if necessary to fight against COVID-19 spread

Try getting your breakfast sausage or waffles from somebody who works from home.

What we should do is have teachers work from home, and close down the schools. We taxpayers pay thousands a year to have those school buildings, and they've been proven unnecessary thanks to Covid. Now we can layoff 80% of those union teachers because if a union teacher can tech 30 kids online, why not 300? Why not 3,000? Why not 30,000?

I had to call Verizon to settle some billing issues. When the machine answered the phone, it stated because of Covid, their customer service representatives were working from home, and there would be huge delays. I waited for 45 minutes and finally hung up.

The next day I called again, this time early in the morning, and I hit the option to cancel my service. I got a rep in one minute. It was difficult to discuss my situation with her between the dog barking in the background and kids yelling and screaming.

Was there a point in all of that? Guess what? We're in the middle of a deadly pandemic that is killing over 1,000 Americans per day. Yes, you might be inconvenienced so that someone doesn't take ill and DIE.

It's not forever. It is just until we can get this deadly disease under control. COVID has killed more people in the past four months than any other four month time frame in HISTORY.

Yes, there was a point in all that. We can't close the country down. People need products and supplies. We need truck drivers to deliver those supplies. We need stores to sell those supplies.

People can't just stop working. My washer took a dump a few weeks ago. I went to Home Depot to buy another one. I couldn't. They were out of stock anywhere from two weeks to over a month depending on what you planned on buying. I had to buy a used one from a second hand store which I wasn't crazy about.

60 million Americans got infected with H1N1. We didn't close down shit.

No, what we need is to stop this deadly disease from killing over 1,000 Americans per day. This is not H1N1. It is far deadlier. If we had done it right the first time, like other countries did, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Bullshit. We did it right from the start and we are doing it right now. While Creepy Joe is drooling out nonsense about shutting down the country, which the president doesn't have the power to do, President Trump has been aggressively searching the most promising vacines and treatment and buying much of the world's suppy on them, and these vaccines and treatments are the only way we will ever get control of the virus, but Joe the Buffon has nothing to say about that.
No, we didn't "do it right from the start". Far from it. America is the laughingstock of the world for its response to COVID. Don the Con was not ready for the job and America is paying the price at an alarming rate.

Trump actually had a chance to be the leader American needed. He failed, miserably.

Posting subscription sites most won't be able to read is an old leftist trick. You have to start being more creative on your side of the fence.
I don't have a subscription and yet was more than able to read it. You could just google "Trump's response to COVID" to see what a disaster it has been.

Right, because your computer can get through paywalls and mine can't. Be honest for once, you never read it because you couldn't, and like so many leftists here, just look at the title and post it as if you knew what was actually written.

In order to get back to work we have to get the virus under control. One cannot come without the other.

Try getting your breakfast sausage or waffles from somebody who works from home.

What we should do is have teachers work from home, and close down the schools. We taxpayers pay thousands a year to have those school buildings, and they've been proven unnecessary thanks to Covid. Now we can layoff 80% of those union teachers because if a union teacher can tech 30 kids online, why not 300? Why not 3,000? Why not 30,000?

I had to call Verizon to settle some billing issues. When the machine answered the phone, it stated because of Covid, their customer service representatives were working from home, and there would be huge delays. I waited for 45 minutes and finally hung up.

The next day I called again, this time early in the morning, and I hit the option to cancel my service. I got a rep in one minute. It was difficult to discuss my situation with her between the dog barking in the background and kids yelling and screaming.

Was there a point in all of that? Guess what? We're in the middle of a deadly pandemic that is killing over 1,000 Americans per day. Yes, you might be inconvenienced so that someone doesn't take ill and DIE.

It's not forever. It is just until we can get this deadly disease under control. COVID has killed more people in the past four months than any other four month time frame in HISTORY.

Yes, there was a point in all that. We can't close the country down. People need products and supplies. We need truck drivers to deliver those supplies. We need stores to sell those supplies.

People can't just stop working. My washer took a dump a few weeks ago. I went to Home Depot to buy another one. I couldn't. They were out of stock anywhere from two weeks to over a month depending on what you planned on buying. I had to buy a used one from a second hand store which I wasn't crazy about.

No, what we need is to stop this deadly disease from killing over 1,000 Americans per day. This is not H1N1. It is far deadlier. If we had done it right the first time, like other countries did, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Bullshit. We did it right from the start and we are doing it right now. While Creepy Joe is drooling out nonsense about shutting down the country, which the president doesn't have the power to do, President Trump has been aggressively searching the most promising vacines and treatment and buying much of the world's suppy on them, and these vaccines and treatments are the only way we will ever get control of the virus, but Joe the Buffon has nothing to say about that.
No, we didn't "do it right from the start". Far from it. America is the laughingstock of the world for its response to COVID. Don the Con was not ready for the job and America is paying the price at an alarming rate.

Trump actually had a chance to be the leader American needed. He failed, miserably.

Posting subscription sites most won't be able to read is an old leftist trick. You have to start being more creative on your side of the fence.
I don't have a subscription and yet was more than able to read it. You could just google "Trump's response to COVID" to see what a disaster it has been.

Right, because your computer can get through paywalls and mine can't. Be honest for once, you never read it because you couldn't, and like so many leftists here, just look at the title and post it as if you knew what was actually written.
I got thru because you get a freebie or two a month. Technology new to you?

I got thru because you get a freebie or two a month. Technology new to you?

No, they give you I think four or six a year. They allow their older articles to be viewed, but not their newer ones.

In order to get back to work we have to get the virus under control. One cannot come without the other.

So what happens if there is no way to get this virus under control?

We already know there is a way, some just aren’t willing to do it. No firewall for you to whine about...

We already know there is a way, some just aren’t willing to do it. No firewall for you to whine about...

Yes, I read the New Zealand report. A few weeks ago, they celebrated their 100th day without the virus, so they opened up the economy WITH the exception of their borders. A few days later, new cases of Covid came up.

So how did a country, with a population of around 5 million (almost half the population of NYC) have a reemergence of the virus when everybody was cured, and nobody could travel in or out of the country?

I think there is a lot more about this virus than we know or understand.

Because the New York Times says so? We all know that THEY'RE not one of the most biased news sources on the planet right now...right, Seawytch? (eye roll)

What did we do wrong? How much do you weight anyway? Because what you're suggesting is we go without food and beverages. If that's what you want, then I hope your fat enough to survive a month or more without food.

Since January, there have been over 4.7 million COVID-19 cases and 150,000 deaths in the United States.

Among the 45 countries with more than 50,000 COVID-19 cases, the U.S. has the eighth-highest number of deaths per 100,000 people: 47.93 deaths from the coronavirus for every 100,000 Americans. Belgium has the highest per capita death rate: 86.3 deaths per 100,000.

But in terms of case fatality ratio, the U.S. is doing significantly better than many other countries. The country's case fatality ratio is 3.3%, meaning that for every 100 people with COVID-19, only about three die.

So do you really want to be like these other countries? You people on the left are going to have to realize there are some things in life you can't have total control over.

Are you fucking kidding me? What did we do wrong? How about opening up too soon and no national mask mandate. Those are just two of the things we did WRONG.

And yes, we can look at other countries and see how other countries were able to control the virus. We suck so bad that Americans are not allowed to travel. Might as well turn your passport into a coaster for all the good it does having it. No countries want visitors from OUR shithole country.
lol tds

Because the New York Times says so? We all know that THEY'RE not one of the most biased news sources on the planet right now...right, Seawytch? (eye roll)
When the only source that says Trump is doing a good job is Fox, it’s not the NYT that is biased.

Forum List

Back