Biden gives money to Communist Cuba.

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
Looks like Biden is bailing out the Communist government of Cuba.

Why should my tax money be given to a regime hostile to the US? That money will never go to the people but like all Leftest regimes will only make the Communist party leaders richer.

Biden admin announces $2 million in hurricane aid to communist Cuba

While Cubans are in desperate need of relief not just from the damage done by the hurricane but also the Castro regime’s corruption and mismanagement, it remains to be seen how that aid will reach the Cuban people. Cuba’s communist dictatorship has a history of diverting aid to its state-owned stores and selling it to the Cuban people.

It’s also worth noting one of the independent organizations the State Dept. mentioned it would use to distribute the aid is the Red Cross. The Red Cross in Cuba is under the control of the Castro dictatorship’s Ministry of Health, and in the past has acted as a tool of oppression for the regime. During an outdoor Mass by Pope Benedict XVI while visiting Cuba in 2012, Cuban Red Cross personnel beat a protester who shouted “down with communism.” The scene horrified foreign dignitaries in attendance as well as world when international news cameras captured the violent assault.

After a devastating hurricane and the endless misery Cubans suffered before, during, and after, there’s no doubt they need relief. But it’s hard to imagine the Biden administration has the will and the tools needed to ensure the communist Castro dictatorship doesn’t get its corrupt hands on it.

Last edited:
  • Banned
1666301927160.png

Why should my tax money be given to a regime hostel to the US? That money will never go to the people but like all Leftest regimes will only make the Communist party leaders richer.

While Cubans are in desperate need of relief not just from the damage done by the hurricane but also the Castro regime’s corruption and mismanagement, it remains to be seen how that aid will reach the Cuban people. Cuba’s communist dictatorship has a history of diverting aid to its state-owned stores and selling it to the Cuban people.

It’s also worth noting one of the independent organizations the State Dept. mentioned it would use to distribute the aid is the Red Cross. The Red Cross in Cuba is under the control of the Castro dictatorship’s Ministry of Health, and in the past has acted as a tool of oppression for the regime. During an outdoor Mass by Pope Benedict XVI while visiting Cuba in 2012, Cuban Red Cross personnel beat a protester who shouted “down with communism.” The scene horrified foreign dignitaries in attendance as well as world when international news cameras captured the violent assault.

After a devastating hurricane and the endless misery Cubans suffered before, during, and after, there’s no doubt they need relief. But it’s hard to imagine the Biden administration has the will and the tools needed to ensure the communist Castro dictatorship doesn’t get its corrupt hands on it.

Hostile not hostel.

• Banned
Can't you spell?
Can you pull your head out of your Moon Bat ass?

Two million dollars from the US government is like two cases of water, delivered.

That money is going to the Communist Party bosses in Cuba.

Why should my tax money be given to a regime hostile to the US? That money will never go to the people but like all Leftest regimes will only make the Communist party leaders richer.

Fuck Cuba. I would have sent them smallpox-infected blankets instead.

But then, that's probably only one of the reasons I'm not President.

I watched a documentary on present-day Cuba yesterday on YouTube. If I'm ambitious I'll add a link.

Cuba: High prices, lines and shortages | DW Documentary

It seems to me that (a) the Embargo has become little more than empty symbolism, and (b) Cuba is ripe for some good old-fashioned capitalist exploitation.

With a population that is 100% literate, AND desperate for as much "modernity" as it can get, American agri-businesses could have a field day if they were permitted to set up shop in the farming areas of Cuba. Bring in modern equipment, agricultural innovations, and good management, and hire thousands of Cubans, at decent salaries, to do the actual work. There are plenty of Spanish-speaking American citizens who would be more than willing to take one-year assignments as managers and coordinators in Cuba. And one suspects that Cuba would be even more inviting to manufacturers than Mexico, with its citizens even hungrier for opportunities and again, universally literate.

There would one some government, regulatory, and ownership hurdles to be overcome, but surely they are not insurmountable.

Honestly, I wonder why nobody has seriously examined this potential. It seems like it could be a Win-Win proposition.

Forum List

Back