Biden Administration Threatens Texas Over Trans Kids: 'HHS Will Take Immediate Action If Needed

For those of us who are actually past the age of childhood, ourselves, I would pose this question.

5 years ago, would have you supported encouraging children to change their gender through hormones, surgery and heavy-duty therapy? How about 10 years ago? 20?

If anybody is answering "yes" to these questions, they are a god damned fucking LIAR. Of course, considering the nature of those who support it today, the lying part is pretty much a given, no?

I don’t think anyone here, that I have seen would support gender reassignment surgery in minors, and it is typically only available to people over 18 (Probably based on state laws). I would rather see it over over the age of 25 since the brain is considered fully developed by then. The surgery is irreversible and major.

Hormone treatments, likewise are not usually done until a child is over 16, and I think is reversible…so if the accepted medical practice has been followed, extensive counseling etc. to be sure…is this bad?

Puberty blockers are not administered until a child reaches the age of puberty. They are reversible. Again, if there has been extensive counseling and this is part of the medically accepted treatment, it should be no more a problem than treatment for any other medical condition.

5 years ago? I would have felt the same. 10 yrs…? probably.

20 years? Most people regarded trans people as freaks of nature to be despised, bullied or pitied, didn’t they?

I'm just marveling at the irony.

"Government needs to stay out of people's lives, so it's good to see the federal government taking over and mandating my views!"
^^^^
BD52FEA7-693F-44D1-B3CB-33318B65D62A.jpeg

20 years? Most people regarded trans people as freaks of nature to be despised, bullied or pitied, didn’t they?

20 years ago, I viewed them as people to be protected from abuse, but certainly not placed on a pedestal as is occurring today.

60 years ago, when I saw one in Carmel, I simply asked my parents why a man was dressed up as a woman.

Went to school with a hermaphrodite. Medical deformities do not make a norm.
So, yes, you can still tell a man from a woman. One has a penis the other a vagina, abnormalities aside...
Oh how I wish I'da been born with both.
I could have made me pappy really happy.
He used to tell me to go fuck myself.
Imagine the satisfaction of being able to say "hold my beer"....

For those who are interested, this is the state of the art in diagnosis and treatment:

The highest incidence of biological transgenderism in the entire world is in Brazil, and it's just under 2% of the population. The study in Ireland reports 0.01%.

The DANGER with introducing this stuff in the classroom, is that teachers are not medical professionals. They DO NOT KNOW how to diagnose a trans gender child.

One of these activist types, they're going to go to Psychology Today and take the 100-questions test (one of these, right? Find out if you have gender dysphoria ) and give it to their kids, and compare that with the medical treatment outlined in the link above.

Then furthermore, true biological gender dysphoria is only one of MANY closely related conditions, which include things like dual-role transvestism and fetishistic transvestism, and even autogynaephilia, which is when a person gets turned on by imagining themselves as the opposite sex.

Activists and teachers need to stay out of this business.

One final thing: according to the DSM, factors predisposing to gender dysphoria include parents who wanted a child of the opposite gender, and parents who encourage their children to adopt roles of the opposite gender. In other words, parental abuse proves that children CAN be influenced by social factors.
That’s a really informative article, I hadn’t read that before. Thanks for posting it!

20 years ago, I viewed them as people to be protected from abuse, but certainly not placed on a pedestal as is occurring today.

60 years ago, when I saw one in Carmel, I simply asked my parents why a man was dressed up as a woman.
20 years ago I only knew of one transgender person, and I felt sad for her. She was thin, always seemed alone, and people seemed to avoid her. She might have been homeless. I live in an area where they are not accepted other than as freaks, which is sad. I agree with protecting them from abuse, and I also feel they should be able to access whatever medical care is appropriate for their condition, and accepted into our society for who they are not what they are. That said, maybe they are being put on a pedestal a bit. It is to figure at what point being able to openly and freely be who they are becomes a pedestal.

20 years ago I only knew of one transgender person, and I felt sad for her. She was thin, always seemed alone, and people seemed to avoid her. She might have been homeless. I live in an area where they are not accepted other than as freaks, which is sad. I agree with protecting them from abuse, and I also feel they should be able to access whatever medical care is appropriate for their condition, and accepted into our society for who they are not what they are. That said, maybe they are being put on a pedestal a bit. It is to figure at what point being able to openly and freely be who they are becomes a pedestal.
There is a transexual m to f at a burrito place I frequent -- probably their best, and certainly longest term employee. I have never seen anybody act in an untoward fashion there.

My issue, which I express over a number of fronts, involves children and the way childhood is being infringed upon by woke adults who force adult themes upon kids FAR before they are ready for them cognitively.

A teenaged girl who looks in the mirror and sees a 200 pound fatty instead of the reality: a 100 pound girl who needs to put on 20 pounds just to be considered thin gets sent to a psychiatrist and perhaps gets admitted to the hospital until she is healthy enough to undergo comprehensive medical treatment to help her with her psychosis. And how about those poor people who look in the mirror and see a limb that they think does not belong? Do we rush them to the operating room to lop off the offending leg or arm? No...we care for them! We don't indulge their psychosis...we treat it.

The left celebrate the mental sexual illness they call transgender. They promote it in our schools and society. Even to the point parents sexually mutilate their children ‘to be in’.

“This is government overreach at its worst,” Biden said in a statement. “Like so many anti-transgender attacks proliferating in states across the country, the Governor’s actions callously threaten to harm children and their families just to score political points.
“These actions are terrifying many families in Texas and beyond,” he added. “And they must stop.”

I wonder how many Texas families are "terrified" and how many are quite pleased that Abbott is pushing back against the onslaught of progressive insanity?

It is transgenders who are being terrorized. Whatever happened to parental rights? Apparently they only exist when the fascist right approves of this. The Texas legislature had a chance to pass this and did not. The Texas court has blocked this from being implemented.

okay WHERE? are these trans folk being attacked physically??? cause i'm not seeing it. WHat i AM seeing however is an attack on sane folk who are not accepting their 'fact' that trans men are women and trans women are men. Cause it AIN"T SO.

and these young black women that are being attacked?? Let me tell you. No one in their right mind will mess with a YOUNG. Black. Woman. cause they are crazy as hell and will kill you when your back is turned. I'm referring to the number of black women (AND MEN) who attack other elderly white and black AND ASIAN men and women and we are not supposed to remark on that either. Jesse Jackson now say...'Ef i am walkin' down the street and i see a young black womens comin' towards me, i runs in the opposite DI rection.'

Should the state investigate if a child says he is trans but the parents refuse to treat him then, since there are parents who refuse to their kid is trans?

Being investigated for child abuse is horribly traumatic for families and kids if there is no child abuse. No matter what the outcome, kids will forever fear being torn from the parents and parents losing their kids, so there damn better be stronger evidence of abuse than the mere fact the child is being treated as trans.

You also forget the role of doctors here. They are trained to look for signs of possible abuse. Children who *might* have gender dysphasia get extensive counseling first to really be sure this isn’t a phase and that there isn’t any coercion involved. And keep in mind this is a tiny of people. These kids are already marginalized, bullied, and at high risk for suicide. If they are fortunate, they have a supportive family…what will a child abuse investigation…in a state already hostile to trans people do to that child?
I understand all that and you forget I am not anti-gay or trans and am advocate but I also know there are parents that want to have the opposite sex as a child and will pay a doctor to have what they want.

Is it rare yes but it does happen.

Is what the Governor of Texas doing wrong?

In my personal opinion yes because he is doing this based on getting votes in a election year but I also believe some parents should be investigated.

Now as for trans children my issue is with their age and anyone under sixteen shouldn’t have the physical therapy until they are sixteen plus.

My opinion and note my mind will never be swayed…

Leftist led govt IS the bad guy.

Oh…then let’s apply that to gun rights (apparently rightists only apply it when it suits them).

. . . And I'm waiting to see you articulate the "Gotcha!" point you clearly think you made.

I can only assume that I was correct, and you really don't have any idea what that phrase means.

Good to see! Government needs to stay out of these parent’s lives, this isn’t Nazi Germany.
I'm just marveling at the irony.
"Government needs to stay out of people's lives, so it's good to see the federal government taking over and mandating my views!"

An almost perfect, textbook demonstration of what Orwell defined ad described as doublethink.

“To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself—that was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word—doublethink—involved the use of doublethink.”

I believe that's probably the excuse they used, yes.

On the other hand... dress code at age 18? Hm...

I don't know. I wasn't there.

Reading this thread, it seems there's somewhat of a consensus, even among left and right - that these unusual people are hovering somewhere between biological/genetic anomaly and psychiatric condition. And, that being the case, it seems to me we should have some human compassion. Maybe "sometimes" it's a choice, but sometimes it's not, and I frankly, in spite of credentials and experience, don't know enough to tell the difference. So I would try to err on the side of compassion, whenever possible.

That DOESN'T mean I have to like or allow political activism, in young classrooms. That's a whole different ball of wax, it's neither medical nor psychiatric.
They are what they are----its not compassion to tell a crazy person that he is sane and normal. Again I don't care what you think as long it doesn't affect anyone else. If your "friend" thinks that he is a woman--that fine---go dress as a woman and pretend to be a woman in your home. In the real world, he isn't a woman.

Where I draw the line is if you expect me to call him a woman when he isn't.
When you expect to mess with childrens and other's mind insisting that they call the dude a woman.
When you expect me to let him in the ladies room.
Or where he wants to compete against women in sports..

He isn't a transgender woman...he is a transgender MALE who wants to pretend to be a woman.

For those of us who are actually past the age of childhood, ourselves, I would pose this question.

5 years ago, would have you supported encouraging children to change their gender through hormones, surgery and heavy-duty therapy? How about 10 years ago? 20?

If anybody is answering "yes" to these questions, they are a god damned fucking LIAR. Of course, considering the nature of those who support it today, the lying part is pretty much a given, no?

I'm fifty-nine years old. ten years ago, and even twenty years ago, I was well past childhood. And even as recently as ten years ago, if someone had tried to tell me about some of the batshit crazy stuff that would come to infest our culture, and to actually be taken seriously by any significant part of the populace, I would have dismissed that person as a kook.

Only someone who is seriously fucked-up in the head could possibly believe that a man can become a woman, or vice versa, that a man should be allowed to compete as a “woman” in sports against real women, or that he should be allowed to intrude on women's restrooms, dressing rooms, locker rooms, and such.

And to think that these fucked-up perverts would be allowed to openly go after children as they now do would have been completely unthinkable back then.

Is it surprising? As society is gradually becoming more open to accepting them, more people might be willing to “come out” and seek treatment.

That's not progress.

Allowing such depravity and madness to infest our society is destructive and harmful.

If the way that they are going after children is not enough to prove it to you, then you are beyond any hope.

Transgenders are mentally ill.

All the words that have been written on the subject, on all the various threads on this forum in which it is discussed, this is the true bottom line, stated in four clear words. Everything else comes down to this one, clear, undeniable fact. It's a mental illness, to be treated as such; and not a physical deformity, to be “treated” by chemically and surgically destroying healthy organs and organ systems. The latter approach is malpractice, plain and simple; and is scientifically, morally and ethically unjustifiable and indefensible.

Cecilie1200 said:
. . . And I'm waiting to see you articulate the "Gotcha!" point you clearly think you made.

I can only assume that I was correct, and you really don't have any idea what that phrase means.

you know what gets me? the left having cows over someone having a gun while they are supporting the killing of the unborn. The guy is totally clueless.

Forum List

Back