Biden Administration Threatens Texas Over Trans Kids: 'HHS Will Take Immediate Action If Needed

For example - here is an interesting study. This one was done in Ireland. Look what it says:

"The numbers of patients being referred increased steadily over the 9 years study period, from 6 referrals in 2005 to 55 in 2013 (Table (Table2;2; Figure Figure11)."

I'm still thinking about something Rigby5 said, about the pesticides. I'm going to look into that. There is PLENTY of geographic data available, and in the case of pesticides there is geographic localization. Plus we have the timeline of the genetic introduction of glyphosates and etc

The natural incidence of gender dysphoria SHOULD be considerably less than 4%, and my take is, if we have 22% right now we better find out REAL FAST if it's just a fad or if something is causing it. This is not normal, not at all

The POLITICAL idea that gender dysphoria is somehow "normal" is going to hurt this effort.
Hawaii, California, Georgia, New Mexico, Texas, and Florida have the highest percentages of adults who identify as transgender.

You better start with these states in the usage of pesticides.
You may be right, funny they are in the south states.

They had Transgender all the way into the bible. Eunuchs.
7th Century BCE: The Greek god Aphroditus - who later came to be called Hermaphroditus - is represented as a female figure with male genitalia. Terracotta figurines of the god lifting her dress to reveal male sexual organs are a popular means of summoning luck and warding off evil.

222 CE: The Roman Emperor Elagabalus is said to have dressed and made up as a woman, and offered riches to any physician who could provide him with female genitalia. He is assassinated at the age of nineteen.

For those who are interested, this is the state of the art in diagnosis and treatment:

The highest incidence of biological transgenderism in the entire world is in Brazil, and it's just under 2% of the population. The study in Ireland reports 0.01%.

The DANGER with introducing this stuff in the classroom, is that teachers are not medical professionals. They DO NOT KNOW how to diagnose a trans gender child.

One of these activist types, they're going to go to Psychology Today and take the 100-questions test (one of these, right? Find out if you have gender dysphoria ) and give it to their kids, and compare that with the medical treatment outlined in the link above.

Then furthermore, true biological gender dysphoria is only one of MANY closely related conditions, which include things like dual-role transvestism and fetishistic transvestism, and even autogynaephilia, which is when a person gets turned on by imagining themselves as the opposite sex.

Activists and teachers need to stay out of this business.

One final thing: according to the DSM, factors predisposing to gender dysphoria include parents who wanted a child of the opposite gender, and parents who encourage their children to adopt roles of the opposite gender. In other words, parental abuse proves that children CAN be influenced by social factors.

1648899055603.png

I found this very telling.

For those who are interested, this is the state of the art in diagnosis and treatment:

The highest incidence of biological transgenderism in the entire world is in Brazil, and it's just under 2% of the population. The study in Ireland reports 0.01%.

The DANGER with introducing this stuff in the classroom, is that teachers are not medical professionals. They DO NOT KNOW how to diagnose a trans gender child.

One of these activist types, they're going to go to Psychology Today and take the 100-questions test (one of these, right? Find out if you have gender dysphoria ) and give it to their kids, and compare that with the medical treatment outlined in the link above.

Then furthermore, true biological gender dysphoria is only one of MANY closely related conditions, which include things like dual-role transvestism and fetishistic transvestism, and even autogynaephilia, which is when a person gets turned on by imagining themselves as the opposite sex.

Activists and teachers need to stay out of this business.

One final thing: according to the DSM, factors predisposing to gender dysphoria include parents who wanted a child of the opposite gender, and parents who encourage their children to adopt roles of the opposite gender. In other words, parental abuse proves that children CAN be influenced by social factors.
Do you think its a mental disorder or a biological disorder?

View attachment 624903
I found this very telling.
Yeah. The trouble with the KP study is it had a homogeneous geography. If you get a curve like that from Hollywood it means something different than if it came from the boonies of Ireland.

Y'know, is this increase because of

a. actual increased incidence, or
b. merely increased reporting, because of lessened stigma and better outcomes, or
c. an artifact because of diagnosis or categorization methods

Do you think its a mental disorder or a biological disorder?
Yes. :p

I think it's "many" disorders. Any or all of the above. At some point our ability to discern further becomes poor, we reach Heisenberg's uncertainty limit or something.

I'm not a psychiatrist, so I'm not supposed to be making psychiatric judgements on people, especially by remote lol - BUT - (ha ha), just shooting from the hip I would have to say, 'in Hollywood", in some cases, based on what I've seen, it's definitely a mental disorder. :p

But there are genuine biologicals too, like that girl I mentioned. (Not sure if it was this thread or another). Those are probably the ones I more care about, from a social standpoint.

As a biologist I would guess nature "and" nurture. Most things seem to be that way. (Oh shit - I just realized, I'm supposed to know what a woman is)...

(wink) :p

Texas has a long history of discrimination against students who are LGBTQ.

My friend. who is a trans woman, was expelled from school because she wore a dress.
Then your friend wasn't a WOMAN but a guy. The Guy was expelled for not following the dress code.

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to stop with the pandering to the crazies.

Then your friend wasn't a WOMAN but a guy. The Guy was expelled for not following the dress code.

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to stop with the pandering to the crazies.
I believe that's probably the excuse they used, yes.

On the other hand... dress code at age 18? Hm...

I don't know. I wasn't there.

Reading this thread, it seems there's somewhat of a consensus, even among left and right - that these unusual people are hovering somewhere between biological/genetic anomaly and psychiatric condition. And, that being the case, it seems to me we should have some human compassion. Maybe "sometimes" it's a choice, but sometimes it's not, and I frankly, in spite of credentials and experience, don't know enough to tell the difference. So I would try to err on the side of compassion, whenever possible.

That DOESN'T mean I have to like or allow political activism, in young classrooms. That's a whole different ball of wax, it's neither medical nor psychiatric.

Yes it can happen, but those aren't new genders, those are malformations of normal genders. It's not man, or woman, or man/woman. It is man or women.
Was the Elephant man's head a model for skull size? He had an abnormal sized-skull compared to the rest of us. So are both skulls considered normal now or was his skull an abnormality...
Penis = male
Vagina = woman.
Let common sense rule the day....

Apparently, leftists have never heard - or never understood - the phrase "the exception that proves the rule".

I believe that's probably the excuse they used, yes.

On the other hand... dress code at age 18? Hm...

I don't know. I wasn't there.

Reading this thread, it seems there's somewhat of a consensus, even among left and right - that these unusual people are hovering somewhere between biological/genetic anomaly and psychiatric condition. And, that being the case, it seems to me we should have some human compassion. Maybe "sometimes" it's a choice, but sometimes it's not, and I frankly, in spite of credentials and experience, don't know enough to tell the difference. So I would try to err on the side of compassion, whenever possible.

That DOESN'T mean I have to like or allow political activism, in young classrooms. That's a whole different ball of wax, it's neither medical nor psychiatric.

It seems to me that you're adopting the leftist fallacy of conflating people with a genetic defect and people who are nuts. I see no consensus on the right to allow the left to hide their lunacy behind people who have nothing to do with it. And I definitely see no consensus on the right that "we need to show compassion to those who would bully us and come after our children". All my compassion is for the people who are actually being harmed - women - and not for the people using their claims of victimhood as a club.

He isn’t protecting children. He is playing political games with their lives in order to rally his base.
Here is my issue Coyote and that is when the child is below the age of Sixteen I feel CPS should investigate and have multiple doctors confirm that the child is a trans child because it is true there are parents that wanted the opposite sex child and will do anything to have it even if transforming their child into the sex they always wanted…

I honestly don't even think its true gender dysphoria anymore for a majority of these cases, it's either some other mental illness and "change your gender" is the trendy progressive cure right now, or it's a bunch of fetishists taking advantage of the situation.

I think the incidence of cases of true gender dysphoria remain at the same rate they always were. The rest is a social contagion, like mass hysteria. I think people in our society have lost all ability to be interesting or feel unique in and of themselves, and cling to the first label they can latch onto, believing that that will give them the personality they don't have.

Children and adolescents have always been particularly susceptible to this sort of thing, because growing up is all about struggling to learn who you are and what your place is in the world, anyway.

Biden Administration Threatens Texas Over Trans Kids: 'HHS Will Take Immediate Action If Needed​

Good to see! Government needs to stay out of these parent’s lives, this isn’t Nazi Germany.

I'm just marveling at the irony.

"Government needs to stay out of people's lives, so it's good to see the federal government taking over and mandating my views!"

Here is my issue Coyote and that is when the child is below the age of Sixteen I feel CPS should investigate and have multiple doctors confirm that the child is a trans child because it is true there are parents that wanted the opposite sex child and will do anything to have it even if transforming their child into the sex they always wanted…
Should the state investigate if a child says he is trans but the parents refuse to treat him then, since there are parents who refuse to their kid is trans?

Being investigated for child abuse is horribly traumatic for families and kids if there is no child abuse. No matter what the outcome, kids will forever fear being torn from the parents and parents losing their kids, so there damn better be stronger evidence of abuse than the mere fact the child is being treated as trans.

You also forget the role of doctors here. They are trained to look for signs of possible abuse. Children who *might* have gender dysphasia get extensive counseling first to really be sure this isn’t a phase and that there isn’t any coercion involved. And keep in mind this is a tiny of people. These kids are already marginalized, bullied, and at high risk for suicide. If they are fortunate, they have a supportive family…what will a child abuse investigation…in a state already hostile to trans people do to that child?

Apparently, leftists have never heard - or never understood - the phrase "the exception that proves the rule".
Oh…then let’s apply that to gun rights (apparently rightists only apply it when it suits them).

For those of us who are actually past the age of childhood, ourselves, I would pose this question.

5 years ago, would have you supported encouraging children to change their gender through hormones, surgery and heavy-duty therapy? How about 10 years ago? 20?

If anybody is answering "yes" to these questions, they are a god damned fucking LIAR. Of course, considering the nature of those who support it today, the lying part is pretty much a given, no?

For example - here is an interesting study. This one was done in Ireland. Look what it says:

"The numbers of patients being referred increased steadily over the 9 years study period, from 6 referrals in 2005 to 55 in 2013 (Table (Table2;2; Figure Figure11)."

Is it surprising? As society is gradually becoming more open to accepting them, more people might be willing to “come out” and seek treatment.

Forum List

Back