Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Faces Boycott After Endorsing Black Lives Matter

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
SHUT THEM DOWN!!! SHUT THEM DOWN!!! SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

Big Hollywood ^ | 7 Oct 2016 | Jerome Hudson

Socially conscious ice cream company Ben & Jerry’s faces calls for a boycott after the company announced its support for the Black Lives Matter protest movement this week. “Systemic and institutionalized racism are the defining civil rights issues of our time,” the Vermont-based company said in a statement. “We’ve come to understand that to be silent about the violence and threats to the lives and well-being of black people is to be complicit in that violence and those threats.”

Sending a pointed message to its detractors, Ben and Jerry’s said: “All lives do matter. But all lives will not matter until black lives matter.”

The company posted its support for Black Lives Matter on Facebook and Twitter.

The company added that it does not place blame for racism against the black community on individual police officers.

Rather, we believe it is due to the systemic racism built into the fabric of our institutions at every level, disadvantaging and discriminating against people of color in ways that go beyond individual intent to discriminate. For this reason, we are not pointing fingers at individuals; we are instead urging us to come together to better our society and institutions so that we may finally fulfill the founding promise of this country: to be a country with dignity and justice for all.

In May, the company announced that proceeds from its new flavor of ice cream, “Empower Mint,” would help benefit the North Carolina NAACP’s campaign to repeal the state’s voter ID law.

The company has previously released ice cream flavors in support of same-sex marriage equality and climate change. Company co-founders Jerry Greenfield and Ben Cohen have also come out in support of the Iran nuclear deal.

But after backing Black Lives Matter, the online backlash against the ice cream-making duo is mounting.

upload_2016-10-7_21-4-30.jpeg

Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk. It will make you believe there is a god.

Get back with me when they endorse human sacrifice. I'll think about slacking off on the Chunky Monkey.

I've never tried Ben and Jerry's ice cream because the names of the flavors have always been obnoxious liberal messaging. I may be a political junky, but I don't let politics sour my ice cream. There are oodles of delicious ice creams available sans partisan packaging.

More chunky monkey and mint chocolate chip for the rest of us. I hope Ben and Jerry's will have a sale as well.

You have to be foolish to boycott delicious ice cream.

Conservatives were also mad when they came out with "chubby hubby" that endorsed gay marriage.

More chunky monkey and mint chocolate chip for the rest of us. I hope Ben and Jerry's will have a sale as well.

You have to be foolish to boycott delicious ice cream.

Conservatives were also mad when they came out with "chubby hubby" that endorsed gay marriage.

I wouldn't boycott ice cream if I caught Ben and Jerry tag teaming my grandmother.

If you wont buy ice cream because of the politics of the company....you're too invested. I'm still waiting to see the Republicans who swore off Heinz a decade ago.

PS: I disagree with Ben & Jerry's stances....but damn their peanut butter cup is so good I don't care.

Wow really? They'll never ever get a dime from me or my family.

Get back with me when they endorse human sacrifice. I'll think about slacking off on the Chunky Monkey.

Dood. When you live in Vermont you can find B&J "seconds" in the local stores for about half price --- usually it's from when they're transitioning flavors, although you really can't see or taste the mix. I ate me a ton of Chunky Monkey back then.

Forum List

Back