Beer carrying customer shoots robber 7 times...

Guys like Tim Larkin are just gimmick teachers. There are a bunch of them. Its not as though he wont be able to give you some decent fighting tips, but he isnt training real killers. His students are all beginners who dont know anything. He has never produced a world champion fighter. Credentials matter a lot in martial arts. If he doesnt have any elite students, then how good of a teacher can he really be?

If you want to learn stuff as a hobby, go ahead, there is nothing wrong with that, but a hobbyist instructor is not an authority on fighting. The best martial arts teachers do not spend their time on youtube. They are WAY too busy for that.

Rule of thumb for old timers... forget everything you knew and learned before the year 2000. Virtually all of it is horseshit. That is a tough pill to swallow for most people, but i swallowed it years ago. Tae Kwon Do is a middling tier martial art at best. Thats what i wasted my time with. I had to come to terms with that. Its going to be even harder for kung fu guys because kung fu is COMPLETE horseshit. The stance is retarded, the offense is retarded, the entire art is just stupid and useless.

No, actually, he does train real killers.....Special Forces and other military personnel.....

His concepts are not hobby.....they are real world, life and death survival skills...you obviously don't know who he is or what he teaches.

What does championship sports fighting have to do with combat?

Tae Kwon Do is not a real martial art in any sense of the word....

No, actually, he does train real killers.....Special Forces and other military personnel.....

His concepts are not hobby.....they are real world, life and death survival skills...you obviously don't know who he is or what he teaches.

This guy is full of himself. He claims to be a brown belt but I doubt it. Even so, he knows nothing about martial arts nor real combat whether in the streets or in war. He claims to know what people teach but doesn’t understand a thing. He did the same to you as he did to me. He things MMA is a real fight and doesn’t understand that what Larkin teaches can’t be used in any contact tournaments including MMA. Same with Wing Chun and other Kung Fu arts. He doesn’t understand that’s why some arts are not in MMA or any tournaments.
I’m not sure why you said that about Tai Kwon Do. A Sensi I grew up with once fought a non-championship fight with a full contact karate champion and knocked him out.

This guy is full of himself. He claims to be a brown belt but I doubt it. Even so, he knows nothing about martial arts nor real combat whether in the streets or in war. He claims to know what people teach but doesn’t understand a thing. He did the same to you as he did to me. He things MMA is a real fight and doesn’t understand that what Larkin teaches can’t be used in any contact tournaments including MMA. Same with Wing Chun and other Kung Fu arts. He doesn’t understand that’s why some arts are not in MMA or any tournaments.
I’m not sure why you said that about Tai Kwon Do. A Sensi I grew up with once fought a non-championship fight with a full contact karate champion and knocked him out.

Tim Larkin breaks down MMA and compares it to what actually happens in the real world.....he gives several encounter between "chamipion," MMA fighter vs. actual violent criminals......in the one, a champion MMA fighter was sent to prison, beat the crap out of one of the prisoners, then that prisoner came back and beat him into a coma with a waffle press......the first video looks at an MMA guy......

He always stresses injury over trauma and points it out in video after video....

Tim Larkin....he knows his stuff...

Why do you respond? You have no experience. Probably never been in a real fight either. 53 years experience vs No experience. Who should you listen to? Yourself? :laughing0301:
The more words you say the less your words count.
Your experience is your problem. Your trying to have a discussion about chess, but youve only played checkers for your entire life. Take your thoughts about martial arts to any "fighting forum" like Sherdog or whatever, and watch what happens. You will get laughed out of every thread.

Your thoughts about martial arts are based on 1980's theory. The world of martial arts has grown more in the past 20 years than it has in the last 2,000 years.

Sorry, but not all martial arts are equal. Some are great, some are average and some suck really bad. All martial arts have been tested. Kung fu failed and ended up at the bottom.

Maybe i misjudged that guy. Im always skeptical when i see a youtube fight teacher if i havent heard of him. I feel like if he was a great fighter i would have heard of him, but not all teachers are great fighters. Some of the best teachers arent actually great at doing it themselves.

UFC is basically a fight. It is true that they cant eye gouge or kick you in the balls, but how often are those dirty moves used in street fights anyway?

All street fights are the same, two guys start slugging, if one isnt quickly knocked out the fight inevitably ends up on the ground. One guy eventually gets the upper hand on the ground and then he punches the other guy out.

A UFC fighter will dominate any street fighter with ease. Being tough isnt going to cut it against a highly skilled professional fighter in his prime.

Tae Kwon do is a martial art, but its not great as a stand alone martial art. I give it a 5 on a scale of 1-10. On the other hand, if its mixed with other martial arts, Tae Kwon Do is highly effective. Yair Rodriguez is a good example of that.

Maybe i misjudged that guy. Im always skeptical when i see a youtube fight teacher if i havent heard of him. I feel like if he was a great fighter i would have heard of him, but not all teachers are great fighters. Some of the best teachers arent actually great at doing it themselves.

UFC is basically a fight. It is true that they cant eye gouge or kick you in the balls, but how often are those dirty moves used in street fights anyway?

All street fights are the same, two guys start slugging, if one isnt quickly knocked out the fight inevitably ends up on the ground. One guy eventually gets the upper hand on the ground and then he punches the other guy out.

A UFC fighter will dominate any street fighter with ease. Being tough isnt going to cut it against a highly skilled professional fighter in his prime.

Tae Kwon do is a martial art, but its not great as a stand alone martial art. I give it a 5 on a scale of 1-10. On the other hand, if its mixed with other martial arts, Tae Kwon Do is highly effective. Yair Rodriguez is a good example of that.
You are a hypocrite. You admit not knowing a thing about someone you bashed then you get heat from someone else and you realize you are stupid. You have no fighting experience in the streets either. A fight has no restrictions yet you contradict yourself by saying UFC is basically a fight. Boxing isn’t a fight either. Both wear gloves you spineless dork. You just keep making more mistakes and stupid statements. I told you to stop making statements and accusations because the more you do the dumber you sound.
I don’t follow UCF or MMA. It’s baloney and mostly fixed like wrestling these days. It’s all about the money. Street fights aren’t about the money. It’s not just that you can gouge eyes out, kick in the balls and the side and back of the knees, strike the neck, bite and more, you can use a bat, trash can lid, knife and gun. UFC nor MMA are street fights. Are they good methods of self defense? Yes. So are the others as well. It’s not the system as much as the fighter and what they use from their arts in a real fight. I saw a guy get mailed by a woman with long fingernails. Two quick attacks and he had 20 cuts needing stitches. He wanted to go after her again but I and another guy grabbed him and took him to the bathroom to stop the bleeding. Take your stupid brown belt and shove it where the sun don’t shine.

You are a hypocrite. You admit not knowing a thing about someone you bashed then you get heat from someone else and you realize you are stupid. You have no fighting experience in the streets either. A fight has no restrictions yet you contradict yourself by saying UFC is basically a fight. Boxing isn’t a fight either. Both wear gloves you spineless dork. You just keep making more mistakes and stupid statements. I told you to stop making statements and accusations because the more you do the dumber you sound.
I don’t follow UCF or MMA. It’s baloney and mostly fixed like wrestling these days. It’s all about the money. Street fights aren’t about the money. It’s not just that you can gouge eyes out, kick in the balls and the side and back of the knees, strike the neck, bite and more, you can use a bat, trash can lid, knife and gun. UFC nor MMA are street fights. Are they good methods of self defense? Yes. So are the others as well. It’s not the system as much as the fighter and what they use from their arts in a real fight. I saw a guy get mailed by a woman with long fingernails. Two quick attacks and he had 20 cuts needing stitches. He wanted to go after her again but I and another guy grabbed him and took him to the bathroom to stop the bleeding. Take your stupid brown belt and shove it where the sun don’t shine.
Stop talking about subjects you dont understand. Quit boring us with your nonsense and go practice fighting against multiple opponents blindfolded you fuckin retard. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
I don’t follow UCF or MMA. It’s baloney and mostly fixed like wrestling these days. It’s all about the money.
You admit that you dont watch it, yet you are proclaiming that its mostly fake? You have NO basis for that theory whatsoever. Youre just saying ignorant things because you are a newb when it comes to fighting. You dont follow this subject at all. You never even looked for real kung fu fights. You gobbled up a bunch of horshit decades ago and you never looked back.

Stop talking about subjects you dont understand. Quit boring us with your nonsense and go practicing fights against multiple opponents blindfolded you fuckin retard. :cuckoo:
Let us know when you want to actually discuss stuff. I have 53 years in the martial arts. I've worked out with many of the others and even taken their classes as well. What have you taken? All you do is claim a brown belt. I doubt that very much. Except the one you have holding your pants up.
You have been told now by two experts in the martial arts that MMA and UFC is not the same as real fights nor is it like real combat. Yet, you accept his and not mine. So, the problem is you. I said that sparring, MMA and UFC is not the same as a fight nor combat. However, there are techniques in many of the arts as well as what is used in MMA and UFC that can be used in street fights and combat. And yes, blind folding helps in both if you are proficient with it. If you are jumped at night time or in a dark place, blind folding can be very helpful. And, I'm not talking about what they show in Bloodsport. My training is simple and works over time.

You admit that you dont watch it, yet you are proclaiming that its mostly fake? You have NO basis for that theory whatsoever. Youre just saying ignorant things because you are a newb when it comes to fighting. You dont follow this subject at all. You never even looked for real kung fu fights. You gobbled up a bunch of horshit decades ago and you never looked back.
I don't watch it now because it's boring and all about the money. Now, why would you say I'm a new b to fighting being that I'm the one who has been doing martial arts for 53 years? Yet, you gave up on it after a few months and never were a brown belt? I'd say you are the new b and have never been in a real fight in the streets. Am I correct? Come on. You are the one that kept putting sparring videos in your posts saying they are real fights between kung fu and karate and other forms of martial arts. I called you out on it because I thought it was hilarious that you would put those videos out there thinking they were real fights.

I have 53 years in the martial arts.
You have 53 years in bullshit fake martial arts that dont work and you clearly dont know a fucking thing outside of that dipshit kung fu bubble. Not only do you not have fighting knowledge; the knowledge you do have is all wrong. You filled your head with idiocy.

You have 53 years in bullshit fake martial arts that dont work and you clearly dont know a fucking thing outside of that dipshit kung fu bubble. Not only do you not have fighting knowledge; the knowledge you do have is all wrong. You filled your head with idiocy.
I’ve already said let’s go Mr. Brown Belt. Anytime!

Forum List

Back