Been up for 32 hours for a promotion.

Mr.Nick

VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been up for 32 hours now because my boss decided to offer me a promotion. I work on a second shift (3pm-1:30am)

Well lets first start with the fact I strained my groin 3 weeks ago and I was out of work for 3 weeks, so I go back to work Monday and I work until about 11:30 PM until my boss comes up and says "hey you want a promotion (I don't want to explain what the position is because it's too complicated) then he tells me its 1st shift and that he wants me to start tomorrow so I finish my shift at 1:30AM and don't get home until 2:10AM.. Now, 1st shift starts at 6AM, so I had to wake up at 5AM after only 1-2 hour nap then go to work and work an 8 hour shift, I got off at 2:30pm...

Now they want me to come in at 8 AM tomorrow....

Its just fucked up because I'm going from crashing at 6AM for second shift to waking up at 5 AM for first shift in a span of 24 hours almost.

Believe it or not I'm trying to stay up for a few more hours just so I can get my internal clock set when I wake up...

Paulie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been up for 32 hours now because my boss decided to offer me a promotion. I work on a second shift (3pm-1:30am)

Well lets first start with the fact I strained my groin 3 weeks ago and I was out of work for 3 weeks, so I go back to work Monday and I work until about 11:30 PM until my boss comes up and says "hey you want a promotion (I don't want to explain what the position is because it's too complicated) then he tells me its 1st shift and that he wants me to start tomorrow so I finish my shift at 1:30AM and don't get home until 2:10AM.. Now, 1st shift starts at 6AM, so I had to wake up at 5AM after only 1-2 hour nap then go to work and work an 8 hour shift, I got off at 2:30pm...

Its just fucked up because I'm going from crashing at 6AM for second shift to waking up at 5 AM for first shift in a span of 24 hours almost.

Believe it or not I'm trying to stay up for a few more hours just so I can get my internal clock set when I wake up...
Meth is a hell of a drug.

Just sayin.

syrenn

Rookie
Reaction score

Do everything you can to reset that internal clock...... Try to do it without coffee though.

freedombecki

Let's go swimmin'!
Reaction score
Congratulations on your promotion, Mr. Nick. :)
Pulled muscles are no fun city. Milk and berries help. (calcium, antioxidants)

sparky

Gold Member
Reaction score
are we somehow relating the strained groin /promotion thing here?

~S~

OP
Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick

VIP Member
Reaction score
are we somehow relating the strained groin /promotion thing here?

~S~
It is - I manage (or used to) several production lines and have a habit of working along side the workers instead of barking orders and sitting around.

I've been offered the position I just took several times, I just didn't want to take it (desk job) but now that I'm not getting any younger the skills I can learn at my new position will certainly be more valuable to me now then they were 5 years ago.

I now manage all the plants inventory...

OP
Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick

VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I'm a lot better than I was but if I move wrong I get a good jolt of pain.

freedombecki

Let's go swimmin'!
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I'm a lot better than I was but if I move wrong I get a good jolt of pain.
Did your doctor prescribe a heat therapy for a few days? That doesn't sound good about moving wrong and getting pain. I'm so sorry you're hurting.

OP
Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick

VIP Member
Reaction score
Did your doctor prescribe a heat therapy for a few days? That doesn't sound good about moving wrong and getting pain. I'm so sorry you're hurting.
Naw, I'm not hurting right now. Only when I move wrong, er flex my muscles wrong..

I'm ok, I'm at about 90%

It's funny you say heat because when I first got injured the guys at work were like "you want some ice" I was like - noooo not there :lol: (it is a groin pull)...

I've had this happen a couple times already, but in those instances I injured my groin playing hockey...

Thanks for the concern tho.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List