Been up for 32 hours for a promotion.

Mr.Nick

VIP Member
May 10, 2011
Well, I've been up for 32 hours now because my boss decided to offer me a promotion. I work on a second shift (3pm-1:30am)

Well lets first start with the fact I strained my groin 3 weeks ago and I was out of work for 3 weeks, so I go back to work Monday and I work until about 11:30 PM until my boss comes up and says "hey you want a promotion (I don't want to explain what the position is because it's too complicated) then he tells me its 1st shift and that he wants me to start tomorrow so I finish my shift at 1:30AM and don't get home until 2:10AM.. Now, 1st shift starts at 6AM, so I had to wake up at 5AM after only 1-2 hour nap then go to work and work an 8 hour shift, I got off at 2:30pm...

Now they want me to come in at 8 AM tomorrow....

Its just fucked up because I'm going from crashing at 6AM for second shift to waking up at 5 AM for first shift in a span of 24 hours almost.

Believe it or not I'm trying to stay up for a few more hours just so I can get my internal clock set when I wake up...

Well, I've been up for 32 hours now because my boss decided to offer me a promotion. I work on a second shift (3pm-1:30am)

Well lets first start with the fact I strained my groin 3 weeks ago and I was out of work for 3 weeks, so I go back to work Monday and I work until about 11:30 PM until my boss comes up and says "hey you want a promotion (I don't want to explain what the position is because it's too complicated) then he tells me its 1st shift and that he wants me to start tomorrow so I finish my shift at 1:30AM and don't get home until 2:10AM.. Now, 1st shift starts at 6AM, so I had to wake up at 5AM after only 1-2 hour nap then go to work and work an 8 hour shift, I got off at 2:30pm...

Its just fucked up because I'm going from crashing at 6AM for second shift to waking up at 5 AM for first shift in a span of 24 hours almost.

Believe it or not I'm trying to stay up for a few more hours just so I can get my internal clock set when I wake up...

Meth is a hell of a drug.

Just sayin.

Do everything you can to reset that internal clock...... Try to do it without coffee though.

Congratulations on your promotion, Mr. Nick. :)
Pulled muscles are no fun city. Milk and berries help. (calcium, antioxidants)

are we somehow relating the strained groin /promotion thing here?

~S~

It is - I manage (or used to) several production lines and have a habit of working along side the workers instead of barking orders and sitting around.

I've been offered the position I just took several times, I just didn't want to take it (desk job) but now that I'm not getting any younger the skills I can learn at my new position will certainly be more valuable to me now then they were 5 years ago.

I now manage all the plants inventory...

Thanks, I think I'm a lot better than I was but if I move wrong I get a good jolt of pain.

Thanks, I think I'm a lot better than I was but if I move wrong I get a good jolt of pain.

Did your doctor prescribe a heat therapy for a few days? That doesn't sound good about moving wrong and getting pain. I'm so sorry you're hurting.

Did your doctor prescribe a heat therapy for a few days? That doesn't sound good about moving wrong and getting pain. I'm so sorry you're hurting.

Naw, I'm not hurting right now. Only when I move wrong, er flex my muscles wrong..

I'm ok, I'm at about 90%

It's funny you say heat because when I first got injured the guys at work were like "you want some ice" I was like - noooo not there :lol: (it is a groin pull)...

I've had this happen a couple times already, but in those instances I injured my groin playing hockey...

Thanks for the concern tho.

Forum List

Back