Zone1 Be Thou My Vision, O Lord --Songs of love and trusting in God

Should this musical group you find peace-giving, they are Acapeldridge at You Tube, and they have done many lovely hymns available there.
My Grandparents sang this often when I was visiting their lovely home. I still miss them.
They loved to sing praises and the Lily of the Valley was a favorite of mine.

John Rutter is my favorite composer of contemporary blessed of God chorales...May this one bless you as well.

This was also sung for Prince Harry and his bride, Megan:

Last edited:
Here is John Rutter's best hymns. If you never heard a John Rutter hymn, what can I say, but welcome to one who knows the beauty of the Lord in Highest Praises. :yes_text12:

John Rutter's popular music embraces hymn settings for choirs, Christmas carols, and epic choral works such as the Gloria and the Requiem. He's also written orchestral and instrumental pieces and TV soundtracks. Rutter's larger choral works, Gloria (1974), Requiem (1985), Magnificat (1990), Psalmfest (1993) and Mass of the Children (2003) have been performed countless times in Britain, North America, and a growing number of other countries. Rutter's music is eclectic, showing the influences of the French and English choral traditions of the early 20th century, as well as of light music and American classic song writing. Almost every choral anthem and hymn that he writes, in addition to the standard piano or organ accompaniment, has a subsequent orchestral accompaniment as well, using varied instrumentation. All 22 tracks on this collection performed by The Cambridge Singers, the choir which Rutter founded back in 1981, the tracks range from the joyous "Shepherd's pipe carol" of 1966 to the 1995 setting of Philip Sidney's poem "My true love hath my hear" from Birthday Madrigals. The disc opens with one of Rutter's best-known works, the timeless "For the beauty of the earth" and also includes his settings of Psalm 23 and "All things bright and beautiful"--popular with choirs and audiences alike--as well as two movements each from his Magnificat and Requiem. Most tracks are accompanied by the City of London Orchestra, breathing new life into works which are often heard only with piano accompaniment.​

Niddy Gritty Dirt Band with Johnny Cash's Deep Bass added in Honor of Christian Mothers
Will the Circle Be Unbroken, By and By

Songs that kept our boys through the sorrows on the battleground in WWI and WWI. God bless those who gave all. ❤️ 🤍 💙 And I pray for their sacrifices to God and Country.

Nobody has exact figures, but it is estimated that around the U.S. counted around 407,000 military deaths and around 12,000 civilian deaths (due to crimes of war and military activity such as bombings.) The total death count for all Americans amounted up to 420,000.

According to Britannica.com, an estimated 40,000,000 to 50,000,000 people died during World War II. Among the Allied powers, the U.S.S.R. suffered the greatest total number of dead: perhaps 18,000,000. An estimated 5,800,000 Poles died, which was 20 percent of Poland’s prewar population. About 298,000 Americans died. Among the Axis powers, there were about 4,200,000 German deaths and about 1,972,000 Japanese deaths.

How Many Americans Died in WW2? For historical reference, World War One was one of the deadliest conflicts in the history of the human race, in which over 16 million people died. By way of comparison, far more lives were lost in the Second World War than in the First (more than 60 million. Moving beyond soldier deaths, the total number of both civilian and military casualties during World War One is estimated at around 37 million people.

The final stage of World War II in the European Theatre commenced with the Western Allied invasion of Germany. It began with the crossing of the River Rhine in March 1945, with forces fanning out and overrunning all of Western Germany until their final surrender on May 8, 1945.

The Battle Hymn of the Republic has also been sung at the funerals of such people as; the British hero Winston Churchill, Robert F Kennedy​
and Reagen to name a few. It was written amid the chaos of the American Civil War.​

And when our boys got home from WWI and WWII this song became very widely sung by every tribe, every denomination in the USA and they were happy to be home, too:

My grandpa had the most beautiful bass voice, and he sang this with my grandma, who was a great alto in any choir. I never heard a more beautiful version than my dear late grandparents who lived through two wars and sang this song frequently. I sure do miss 'em. Bless all of you who had the finest grandparents in the world, who came home and made their communities rich with the wisdom they earned in 2 wars or more. My grandma looked so much like Queen Elizabeth II they could have been sisters. My grandmother lived to be 98 years old. Her byword was to let others go first.

Last edited:
Can't forget our Vietnam Vets, and the heartfelt gratitude all of us have for those who served and those who came from foreign countries to augment the effort to save a broken nation from murderous dictators. Thank you, boys and girls, and also for those who served in other capacities that brough sweet freedom to people who faced enslavement to dictators. A tribute to you all:

A musical tribute to the Vietnam Vets:

1662866782070.png
1662866709909.png
1662866675600.png
1662866730692.png

:salute: Thanks to all who served and all God's blessing for defending all that is good in life lived without dictatorships of hatred.:salute:

This one is precious, I'm listening and have tears as I recall Jesus' words,
"Suffer ye the little children." It takes 40 minutes, but worth every millisecond.
❤️💛💙

Forum List

Back