Zone1 Be Thou My Vision, O Lord --Songs of love and trusting in God

Thanks for adding my favorite contemporary hymn master to this thread. I hadn't heard that one, but it's been a few years (30) since a certain music leader in our Albany Oregon church let us enjoy singing John Rutter. The year was amazing as we sang no less than a half dozen or more Rutter songs. My favorite was this one which we sang sometime between 1979-1981; our leader also was music Chair at Linn-Benton Junior College, and that was the first time I heard a Rutter music. I have looked for his work from time to time since then. Thanks for sharing that one, Manonthestreet. It's fabulous. What can I say but "outta the park!!!"

Sometimes when we are disappointed in the way things turn out here, this song ushers me back into the encompassing love of Jesus Christ, who taught us to pray to God. And one of my choir masters had on his church office wall these words: "He who sings a song to the Lord prays twice."
That has been so true to me lately, and this thread has helped with my dismay for the anger people have rather than brotherhood that was the reason our lawmakers recruited chaplains to help them sort out the most important things that help people have a good life while on earth. I think the founders for their beginning each day with prayers when our Republic started out and remained so for two centuries and will again when we call upon the Lord to unite us if we can.
May this song help you keep your perspective when praying for God's help for us to reinstate brotherhood and kindness toward one another.
And may God make us his improved children when we heed his Word. Amen.

Last edited:

Dixit Dominus, HWV 232 (Psalm 110) George Frederic Handel: Latin Text Church of England 1662 Book of Common Prayer

1 Dixit Dominus Domino meo: sede a dextris meis, donec ponam inimicos tuos scabellum pedum tuorum.
1 Te Lord said unto my Lord: Sit thou on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 Virgam virtutis tuae emittet Dominus ex Sion: dominare in medio inimicorum tuorum.
2 Te Lord shall send the rod of thy power out of Sion: be thou ruler, even in the midst among thine enemies.

3 Tecum principium in die virtutis tuae in splendoribus sanctorum: ex utero, ante luciferum, genui te.
3 In the day of thy power shall the people ofer thee free-will oferings with an holy worship: the dew of thy birth is of the womb of the morning.

4 Juravit Dominus et non poenitebit eum: tu es sacerdos in aeternum secundum ordinem Melchisedech.
4 Te Lord sware, and will not repent: Tou art a priest for ever afer the order of Melchisedech.

5 Dominus a dextris tuis: confregit in die irae suae reges.
5 Te Lord upon thy right hand: shall wound even kings in the day of his wrath.

6 Judicabit in nationibus, implebit ruinas: conquassabit capita in terra multorum.
6 He shall judge among the heathen; he shall &ll the places with the dead bodies: and smite in sunder the heads over divers countries.

7 De torrente in via bibet: propterea exaltabit caput.
7 He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lif up his head

1660966480731.png
1660966475388.png
1660966422095.png
Comforting Hymns That Will Bless You.
1660966436712.png
1660966446443.png
1660966462020.png

Sing along! :thup:
🤍🤍🤍They who sing hymns pray twice. 🤍🤍🤍

What was my mama's favorite?
Ergh! I got it! Maybe not by Elvis, but OK, his rendition isn't bad.

!

Forum List

Back