Ban alcohol and blame breweries for alcohol related deaths.

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
The breweries are to blame when someone drives drunk and kills somebody. It wasn't real prohibition that failed in the 1920s. If we simply give it another try and do it the right way this time it will be different.

The breweries are to blame when someone drives drunk and kills somebody. It wasn't real prohibition that failed in the 1920s. If we simply give it another try and do it the right way this time it will be different.
There are far more regulations surrounding alcohol than guns. Is there a nationwide age restriction on guns? In many places you can sue a bar for selling alcohol to a customer. Can anyone sue a gun store?

There are far more regulations surrounding alcohol than guns. Is there a nationwide age restriction on guns? In many places you can sue a bar for selling alcohol to a customer. Can anyone sue a gun store?

Gun store owners have to run a criminal background check on the customer for every sale. Gun stores absolutely can be criminally charged for selling a firearm to someone they shouldn't have.

Why bother though, simply ban both. The breweries are responsible, not the drunk driver.

You didn't think before you compared guns to the most heavily regulated thing in America did you?

How about carrots? President Bush almost choked to death on one. However, a carrot is only a single-shot.

No one under the age of 18 can purchase any gun
No one under the age of 21 can purchase a handgun

You didn't think before you compared guns to the most heavily regulated thing in America did you?

Who cares what it is compared to?
What is your goal?
Do you want to save lives or just oppress the rights of gun owners, who are mostly conservative?

I think you want the "WIN"

What is your goal?
Do you want to save lives or just oppress the rights of gun owners, who are mostly conservative?

What I want is you paranoid schizos to quit acting like any sort of gun legislation is the end of America.

Yes, so many more regulations that I can stroll into a 7-Eleven, buy a six pack and hand it off to any underage kid, or slurp down the contents of each bottle, get behind the wheel and kill dozens of people on the interstate. You and the other assholes spouting this toothless argument against firearm ownership would have better luck if you beat yourselves silly with the nearest loose brick. Do you go out of your way to be this irrational?

I can purchase a case of beer with nothing except a driver's license and walk right out. To purchase a firearm, I have to submit to a criminal background check and there is a waiting period. I also have to register the firearm with the government. I can be arrested for having that firearm in public without a permit. I will be denied the right to do any of this if I have a felony on my record. If you lie when applying for a firearm, it is punishable by five years in prison.

Let's make it the same for purchasing alcohol. Of course we will first have to make you fill out an application when you purchase alcohol. There should also be a waiting list and you should have to register the alcohol with local law enforcement and you lose your right to purchase alcohol for life when convicted of a serious crime. If a 21 year old purchases a case of beer for a 17 year old, it should be punishable by up to 15 years in prison. Additionally, you will have to keep records of every single purchase of alcohol for the rest of your life.

What is your goal?

What I want is you paranoid schizos to quit acting like any sort of gun legislation is the end of America.

So you don't have a goal.

So you disagree that breweries are to blame for drunk driver deaths?

Can someone buy a beer and get someone else drunk with it against their consent?

Otherwise, really solid point....good thing you started a thread on it.

They can get drunk and run you over with their car without your permission. If they do, are they responsible or Anheuser Busch?

Counties can go dry but on the Federal Level it will never happen again...

Forum List

Back