Ban alcohol and blame breweries for alcohol related deaths.

You didn't think before you compared guns to the most heavily regulated thing in America did you?

Who cares what it is compared to?
What is your goal?
Do you want to save lives or just oppress the rights of gun owners, who are mostly conservative?

I think you want the "WIN"
What I want is you paranoid schizos to quit acting like any sort of gun legislation is the end of America.

So you don't have a goal.
I own guns and yet I have zero fear that anyone will ever come take them. I have no gun control "goals" other than to call you gun nutters out for being such useful idiots for the arms manufacturers.

Did you make a deal with your communist masters to let you keep your guns if they get into power?
I live in the real world nutter. My guns are my most expensive and least used tools. I have no special fetish where a gun is somehow also a political statement.

You didn't think before you compared guns to the most heavily regulated thing in America did you?
Guns are the most heavily regulated thing in America.
to legally drive a car:
must be 16--right there--boom
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
safety/emissions inspections
personal property paid
license plates
there are seat belts/airbags all over
traffic lights/signs all over --stop-go-slow
speed limits
cars continuously designed for survival--guns to kill

An automobile is a 2,000 pound hunk of steel capable of travelling in excess of 100 miles per hour and you are allowed to drive it in heavily crowded areas. It can be every bit as deadly as a firearm.

Under federal law when dealing with a Federal Firearms Licensee, also known as an FFL, you have to be at least 18 years old to purchase a long gun, and at least 21 years old to purchase a handgun. You also have to pass a criminal background check. You also have to register it with law enforcement. If you want to carry that firearm in public, you need to get a special license for that as well. As far as carrying it in public is concerned, try walking into a shopping mall and un-holstering a firearm. The police will be called immediately and you will be arrested at gunpoint.

to legally drive a car:
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
personal property paid
license plates
speed limits

An automobile is a 2,000 pound hunk of steel capable of travelling in excess of 100 miles per hour and you are allowed to drive it in heavily crowded areas. It can be every bit as deadly as a firearm.

Under federal law when dealing with a Federal Firearms Licensee, also known as an FFL, you have to be at least 18 years old to purchase a long gun, and at least 21 years old to purchase a handgun. You also have to pass a criminal background check. You also have to register it with law enforcement. If you want to carry that firearm in public, you need to get a special license for that as well. As far as carrying it in public is concerned, try walking into a shopping mall and un-holstering a firearm. The police will be called immediately and you will be arrested at gunpoint.
cars are NOTHING like and NOT even close to guns--
that's why cars are NOT even on the list--either are POOLS and fire
1*nK5bHsXot7OXwK9AfQ1ldw.png

Alcohol kills 88,000 people a year. This includes drunk drivers, drunk murderers, and alcohol related health problems that cost the taxpayers massive amounts of money. Additionally, of the millions of women that suffer domestic abuse in America, alcohol is very often involved.

The breweries are to blame when someone drives drunk and kills somebody. It wasn't real prohibition that failed in the 1920s. If we simply give it another try and do it the right way this time it will be different.

How about carrots? President Bush almost choked to death on one. However, a carrot is only a single-shot.

The breweries are to blame when someone drives drunk and kills somebody. It wasn't real prohibition that failed in the 1920s. If we simply give it another try and do it the right way this time it will be different.

How about carrots? President Bush almost choked to death on one. However, a carrot is only a single-shot.
how about we play an old game Cowboys and fake injuns fakuhantus?

Counties can go dry but on the Federal Level it will never happen again...

So, breweries are going to go on killing?

Like owning a gun you have the choice, so can you handle your booze and guns and if not then do not own either and stop telling big brother to control your weak mind...

So are you saying the brewery and the culture of alcohol is not responsible when a drunk driver kills someone?
So ban cars and sue auto manufacturers, right? Isn't that your next awesome insight?

I mean, you spent so little time thinking through your OP, why stop there?

I said ban breweries. You do not need alcohol. Why are you dodging onto cars instead of addressing breweries.

Because one suggestion is just a short-sighted and illogical as the other. Let's ban car dealerships and breweries then. Better?

You need cars for transportation. You do not need alcohol. It serves no purpose.

Alcohol usage and consumption is heavily regulated and no one complains about their rights being taken away when restrictions are put in place on people who show they can't handle the responsibility that comes with drinking alcohol. But really good try otherwise.

We don't have an inalienable right to alcohol.

We also don't have an inalienable right to guns. Good point.

So, breweries are going to go on killing?

Like owning a gun you have the choice, so can you handle your booze and guns and if not then do not own either and stop telling big brother to control your weak mind...

So are you saying the brewery and the culture of alcohol is not responsible when a drunk driver kills someone?
I said ban breweries. You do not need alcohol. Why are you dodging onto cars instead of addressing breweries.

Because one suggestion is just a short-sighted and illogical as the other. Let's ban car dealerships and breweries then. Better?

You need cars for transportation. You do not need alcohol. It serves no purpose.

Alcohol usage and consumption is heavily regulated and no one complains about their rights being taken away when restrictions are put in place on people who show they can't handle the responsibility that comes with drinking alcohol. But really good try otherwise.

I imagine you believe we have inalienable right to life, liberty, and property, but you don't believe we have the right to protect them?

I imagine you believe we have inalienable right to life, liberty, and property, but you don't believe we have the right to protect them?

We have a right to protect those things, sure. But not unconditionally and at ANY cost.

There are far more regulations surrounding alcohol than guns. Is there a nationwide age restriction on guns? In many places you can sue a bar for selling alcohol to a customer. Can anyone sue a gun store?

I would love to be able to to walk up to a counter and get a gun in 10 seconds.

We have a right to protect those things, sure. But not unconditionally and at ANY cost.

So what is the cost where my life is worth less than someone else's?

No one said your life is worth less than anyone elses. But your rights to own firearms without restriction is not more important than my life or the lives of my children.

No one said your life is worth less than anyone elses. But your rights to own firearms without restriction is not more important than my life or the lives of my children.

Yes it is. My guns are no threat to you or your children, unless you are within 21ft of me in an aggressive manner.

Who cares what it is compared to?
What is your goal?
Do you want to save lives or just oppress the rights of gun owners, who are mostly conservative?

I think you want the "WIN"
What I want is you paranoid schizos to quit acting like any sort of gun legislation is the end of America.

So you don't have a goal.
I own guns and yet I have zero fear that anyone will ever come take them. I have no gun control "goals" other than to call you gun nutters out for being such useful idiots for the arms manufacturers.
If you own guns who do you think made them if not arms manufacturers?

to legally drive a car:
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
personal property paid
license plates
speed limits

You always forget that driving a car on public roads is not a right but rather a privilege that cam be revoked at any time for any reason

Not one of my firearms has ever been a danger to anyone.

And you and your kids will never be invited to my home so you have nothing to worry about

Yes it is. My guns are no threat to you or your children, unless you are within 21ft of me in an aggressive manner.

Your guns might not be, I don't know, but guns in general and the way we idolize them in this country are. That's what we need to address.

Not one of my firearms has ever been a danger to anyone.

And you and your kids will never be invited to my home so you have nothing to worry about

Great, but let me fill you in on something. Laws aren't written for each person. Laws are written for everyone to follow. So we need to fix the laws that impact all of us, not just your personal situation.

This thread is an example of gun nit deflection.

Blame anything BUT the easy access to military style weaponry

So you're one of those people who think that a homeowner should flee his home if an intruder breaks in right?

Forum List

Back