Ban alcohol and blame breweries for alcohol related deaths.

Because we have shitholes filled with murderous thugs.

No different than other countries.
Is that why London’s murder rate is higher than New York’s?
But the "gun murder"rate is lower and that's all that matters because getting murdered by a person who uses a gun is worse than any of a million other ways to be murdered
Yep. They don’t care about stopping murder, it’s all about gun grabbing to force control over citizens.

You will never stop murder, but we can reduce it where possible. And murder by firearms is clearly one area we can do better.

Work on the reasons that actually cause violence in society and all crime and all murders will be reduced.

I'm talking about stats to establish the issue. Since we agree that this country has an issue, I'd be happy to discuss the cause.

My theory is our gun murder rate is due to the sheer number of guns available combined with inconsistent laws from state to state that aren't restrictive enough on who can possess firearms.
Too simplistic

And when you start using terms like gun murder it just emphasizes your bias

Murder is murder it matters not how that murder is committed

70 percent of all murders take place in well defined areas of our urban centers where there are actually fewer guns per person than most of the rest of the country

Most people who commit crimes with guns are legally prohibited from owning them.

People who acquire guns legally are not contributing to the murder rate anywhere near the amount that people who illegally possess guns do.

I've already shown you that less than. 0027 %
Of guns in the country are actually used to commit murder so it's not the guns that are the problem

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We're talking about murders by guns, right? Why are you getting upset about the topic now?

And again, I am not suggesting that guns be taken away from law abiding citizens. I don't give a fuck how many guns a responsible person owns. Or what kind even. I'm talking about keeping guns out of the hands of people who aren't responsible enough to possess them.

I'm talking about the murder rate and that's all I have ever talked about.

Saying gun murder is just another way to skew the argument.

Murder is murder isn't it?

Personally I think it's just as bad to be murdered by a knife, a bat, a wrench, bare hands, and any of literally a million other ways as it is to be murdered with a gun.

I thought we were talking about guns? This is a thread about guns, is it not? You gotta pick a topic and stick to it. But if that's the route you want to go, just say so.

We are.

We are talking about guns as they relate to the murder rate and crime in general.

You say guns increase the murder rate I say they don't because murder rates are driven by more variables than just guns

I have already shown you the data. I can't make you read it, or even understand it. But just because you don't understand it, doesn't disqualify it. There's really not much more I can say to you as clearly you're struggling to keep up here.

How The U.S. Compares With Other Countries In Deaths From Gun Violence

The United States has the 28th-highest rate of deaths from gun violence in the world: 4.43 deaths per 100,000 people in 2017 — far greater than what is seen in other wealthy countries.

Source for your data?
Your ignorance of the world is why you’re into gun grabbing.

After murder rate passes NYC, London Mayor Sadiq Khan calls for sharper knife control

But the "gun murder"rate is lower and that's all that matters because getting murdered by a person who uses a gun is worse than any of a million other ways to be murdered
Yep. They don’t care about stopping murder, it’s all about gun grabbing to force control over citizens.

You will never stop murder, but we can reduce it where possible. And murder by firearms is clearly one area we can do better.

Work on the reasons that actually cause violence in society and all crime and all murders will be reduced.

Every country has violence. But not every country has our access to firearms which has led to a much higher rate of murder by firearms and an overall murder rate that is much higher than almost every other 1st world country.

So clearly it's not that we're more violent in the U.S. It's the fact that we have the tools (guns) that make it much easier to murder someone than in other countries.

I can't really make it much simpler for you.

How The U.S. Compares With Other Countries In Deaths From Gun Violence

The United States has the 28th-highest rate of deaths from gun violence in the world: 4.43 deaths per 100,000 people in 2017 — far greater than what is seen in other wealthy countries.

Source for your data?

After murder rate passes NYC, London Mayor Sadiq Khan calls for sharper knife control

Great, so what is your point? You cherry picked 2 cities. Can we look at the U.K. versus the U.S. now?

Too simplistic

And when you start using terms like gun murder it just emphasizes your bias

Murder is murder it matters not how that murder is committed

70 percent of all murders take place in well defined areas of our urban centers where there are actually fewer guns per person than most of the rest of the country

Most people who commit crimes with guns are legally prohibited from owning them.

People who acquire guns legally are not contributing to the murder rate anywhere near the amount that people who illegally possess guns do.

I've already shown you that less than. 0027 %
Of guns in the country are actually used to commit murder so it's not the guns that are the problem

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We're talking about murders by guns, right? Why are you getting upset about the topic now?

And again, I am not suggesting that guns be taken away from law abiding citizens. I don't give a fuck how many guns a responsible person owns. Or what kind even. I'm talking about keeping guns out of the hands of people who aren't responsible enough to possess them.

I'm talking about the murder rate and that's all I have ever talked about.

Saying gun murder is just another way to skew the argument.

Murder is murder isn't it?

Personally I think it's just as bad to be murdered by a knife, a bat, a wrench, bare hands, and any of literally a million other ways as it is to be murdered with a gun.

I thought we were talking about guns? This is a thread about guns, is it not? You gotta pick a topic and stick to it. But if that's the route you want to go, just say so.

We are.

We are talking about guns as they relate to the murder rate and crime in general.

You say guns increase the murder rate I say they don't because murder rates are driven by more variables than just guns

I have already shown you the data. I can't make you read it, or even understand it. But just because you don't understand it, doesn't disqualify it. There's really not much more I can say to you as clearly you're struggling to keep up here.

So you want to dumb it all down to one variable and yet when I mention the complexity of an issue like societal violence and all the variables an their interactions and try to introduce that into the discussion, you keep falling back to your one variable one issue position then you tell me I can't keep up.

Now that's funny

Source for your data?

Great, so what is your point? You cherry picked 2 cities. Can we look at the U.K. versus the U.S. now?

Sure when you account for all the differences in societal variables that are known to be root causes of violence and then take those differences into account in your explanation feel free to compare the UK to the US

Source for your data?

LOL and looking further at this data, they cherry picked 2 months in 2018. February and March. Looking at the whole year, London was still lower. Really reaching here, aren't we?

Source for your data?

Why are you so ignorant? How did you not know the Left have moved onto knife control as the answer after grabbing the guns?

You Leftards don’t care about murder, it’s only about gaining power.

FU

Forum List

Back