Ban affirmative action. Support equality based on merit.

Because that's what affirmative action has done for me, it's provided me with an opportunity to compete in fields in which I would otherwise be possibly excluded, not because I was unable to compete but due to my race and/or gender. Both of the fields I'm in presently are dominated by white males, some of whom are not so subtle about their dislike of my presence in their world.

She did not say that she could not compete without AA dumb ass. She said she would not be allowed to compete. You white racists try to twist and turn shit to support your psychosis, but the fact is this:

White men made laws excluding everybody else that were in effect on paper until 55 years ago. During the 55 years since this law was taken off the books, whites have not followed them. This system has afforded whites things only because they are white and still does. Until that stops, we are going to fight. White men like you can't compete without them.
Whites fought and died to end slavery. Whites passed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments. Liar.

I told you in about the third post that I am not complaining about being harmed by AA. I have a problem with hypocrites playing on race, claiming to be victims. Please keep up. You don't want equality--you want preference.
So if you haven't been harmed by affirmative action why are you complaining about it? Why are you complaining about something that hasn't negatively impacted your life?
I can't speak for CA, but there are plenty of policies that I haven't been affected by but I'd like to change. A good example is mandatory drug sentencing. I've never had a drug charge and don't do drugs, but I don't like seeing people incarcerated for long periods for just using drugs. Selling drugs is a different issue, of course.

So, opposition to AA can likewise come from many angles. I think California is a good test case where it showed that ending AA did benefit Asians more than anyone else, but it's because Asians are the highest performers oftentimes. I don't have a problem with rewarding high performance. Why would anyone really?
Allan Bakke was harmed in 1978 by AA. The SCOTUS took the chicken way out and ruled for him while still allowing AA. Thankfully, clearer heads prevailed in CA and AA was repealed in the 90s in CA. The race-baiting democrats are trying to reinstate it though.
Allan Bakke wasn't harmed by shit. There were 87 seats for whites at cal law school and 13 seats for everybody else. That's 6:1 in favor of whites.

High performance isn't why white men at 31 percent of the population, control the institutions that affect the other 69 percent. Race is why and you know it. This is why you argue against the policy because that means a return to 100 percent white male preference.
Doesn't it also mean that he was at the bottom of the class if he couldn't get in due to the set asides?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You have a serious self image problem. Do you honestly believe that people are judged on the color of their skin? Sounds like a racist bigot with an inferiority complex to me. Run along now.
We have 245 years worth of evidence starting from 1776 that proves your comment is a lie. Look at this forum, it is even more proof. and you spew your racist garbage then lie about not seeing race.
Most people don't really care about race. They see it, but it's not a significant factor. Militancy is pretty significant though. People will generally avoid militant blacks, because they're really annoying.
Get the fuck outta here with that lie.
It's not a lie. The only people who like militant blacks are other militant blacks and white liberals that are virtue signaling. Regular black people are fine and probably a lot happier and healthier.

I live in a city that is about 40% black, and most of the black people I interact with are normal people that are no more difficult for me to communicate with than with white people or people of other races. That's how normal people behave.

People who fixate on race are the assholes that annoy the rest of us -- whether it's the white supremist types, the black militant types, or any other group that has a chip on their shoulder.
It is a lie. Whites like you live in a state of psychosis whereby you ignore all 245 years of American history. You don't interact with black people on any serious level. This nations has fixated on race from day one and your fixation on race is why you're in here wiyth the other whites bitching about a policy that has benefitted whites the most and if the policy operated by your defintion, would mean whites would be the highest quota.

I am black and I know what "normal" blacks think white boy. So don't try explaining black people to me again.
What policy are you referring to? AA has primarily benefited blacks and Latinos. It's primarily held back Asians. It's why Asians benefit the most when AA is removed.

Whites are in the middle. We're not the biggest beneficiaries of AA or of its removal. And eventually, we won't be feasible as your favorite scapegoat. Latinos don't care about your racial grievances, and when they are the majority, they aren't going to attempt to appease you.

I do interact with black people who aren't militant, which is thankfully the majority of black people I encounter. If the majority of them were like you, then I would avoid them.
White women have benefited from affirmative action more than any other group .

When my youngest was growing up in Toronto, her first boyfriend was literally the "boy next door", who is black. The two of them grew up playing together and he's a great kid, from a good family. Both the kids are good looking, smart, personable and well raised. But when it came time for them to get after school jobs, and just start navigating their lives in a more grown up world, everything was just so much harder for Ben, than my daughter.

Ben had short stylish dreads - like Lenny Kravitz at the time, and they looked really good and trendy on him, but he cut them off because he couldn't get hired with dreads. My daughter died her blonde hair pink and got every job she applied for. If I were hiring, and knowing the two of them, I would have hired Ben. He was more reliable, and harder working. My daughter's ring tone at the time was "She drives me crazy" by the Fine Young Cannibals, because she was notably unreliable, and stay home on account of partying the night before.

They only dated as young teens but remain friends to this day. Racial prejudice in Toronto isn't like the USA, but I'm not going to pretend it doesn't exist. Toronto is 45% white, 55% racial minorities. Yet white applicants get 55% of the jobs. I saw first hand how much harder it was for this talented young man to succeed on his "merits", while my daughter could just sail into an interview and walk out with every job, without even trying.
Your entire comparison is worthless. We’re they applying for the same jobs? And if so what were those jobs?

If they both applied for stripper at the downtown club then yeah, your daughter is getting that job.

On the other hand she would only get a construction job over him if there’s some money to waste on eye candy.

You have a serious self image problem. Do you honestly believe that people are judged on the color of their skin? Sounds like a racist bigot with an inferiority complex to me. Run along now.
We have 245 years worth of evidence starting from 1776 that proves your comment is a lie. Look at this forum, it is even more proof. and you spew your racist garbage then lie about not seeing race.
Most people don't really care about race. They see it, but it's not a significant factor. Militancy is pretty significant though. People will generally avoid militant blacks, because they're really annoying.
It's not a lie. The only people who like militant blacks are other militant blacks and white liberals that are virtue signaling. Regular black people are fine and probably a lot happier and healthier.

I live in a city that is about 40% black, and most of the black people I interact with are normal people that are no more difficult for me to communicate with than with white people or people of other races. That's how normal people behave.

People who fixate on race are the assholes that annoy the rest of us -- whether it's the white supremist types, the black militant types, or any other group that has a chip on their shoulder.
It is a lie. Whites like you live in a state of psychosis whereby you ignore all 245 years of American history. You don't interact with black people on any serious level. This nations has fixated on race from day one and your fixation on race is why you're in here wiyth the other whites bitching about a policy that has benefitted whites the most and if the policy operated by your defintion, would mean whites would be the highest quota.

I am black and I know what "normal" blacks think white boy. So don't try explaining black people to me again.
Nobody is ignoring history. You’re the ones that want to erase it.

I don’t waste my time interacting with black people like you. That would be a waste of both our time. There’s nothing about you worth putting an effort into interacting with that would be beneficial to anyone.

While it’s true you are black, it’s also true you’re a fucking clown. A racist, unhinged fucking clown. You are the reason stereo types of blacks are what they are. You’re a clown in black face that can’t be washed off.

Why would any of us trust any of you
I am an American and I assumed you were too. Everything you write is racist and you do not desire equality so there is nothing more to talk about.
It is your opinion that the things I write are racist, an uneducated opinion based neither on fact or knowledge.

Things have NEVER been equal between the races in the United States because white supremacist put into law that the white race was superior to people of African descent and that God himself ordained the African race subservient to the white race. An example are the following excerpts from the state of Texas's declaration of secession:

... She [the state of Texas] was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery--the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits--a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time
...​
We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.
...​
That in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations

Those laws were enforced for more than 2 centuries and things are STILL NOT EQUAL but they are closer to being more equal than they have been in centuries.

Basically it's as if our government said "we're going to pass these laws because you all don't know how to act and will always act in a discriminatory manner without them. But as soon as things settle down and everyone stops discriminating then we can get rid of them".

As long as violations of the Civil Rights Act continue, then affirmative action needs to remain in place, in my opinion. It has nothing to do with what you believe to be equality, because it's impossible to control how other people behave. You can however make sure there are consequences for their actions and that's one of the major things affirmative action does since it created a statutory cause of action for violations of the CRA of 1964. Prior to that time there was nothing anyone could do about the fact they were being discriminated against unless in the rare instance their state laws actually had anti-discrimination laws.

So you want to abolish the things that have been put in place that provide consequences for racial and other discrimination because you believe that going back to the time when affirmative action and the Civil Rights Act didn't exist will create equality for all, even knowing what it was like before?

Does that really make sense, I mean the logic of it all?

I am an American and I assumed you were too. Everything you write is racist and you do not desire equality so there is nothing more to talk about.
It is your opinion that the things I write are racist, an uneducated opinion based neither on fact or knowledge.

Things have NEVER been equal between the races in the United States because white supremacist put into law that the white race was superior to people of African descent and that God himself ordained the African race subservient to the white race. An example are the following excerpts from the state of Texas's declaration of secession:

... She [the state of Texas] was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery--the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits--a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time
...​
We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.
...​
That in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations

Those laws were enforced for more than 2 centuries and things are STILL NOT EQUAL but they are closer to being more equal than they have been in centuries.

Basically it's as if our government said "we're going to pass these laws because you all don't know how to act and will always act in a discriminatory manner without them. But as soon as things settle down and everyone stops discriminating then we can get rid of them".

As long as violations of the Civil Rights Act continue, then affirmative action needs to remain in place, in my opinion. It has nothing to do with what you believe to be equality, because it's impossible to control how other people behave. You can however make sure there are consequences for their actions and that's one of the major things affirmative action does since it created a statutory cause of action for violations of the CRA of 1964. Prior to that time there was nothing anyone could do about the fact they were being discriminated against unless in the rare instance their state laws actually had anti-discrimination laws.

So you want to abolish the things that have been put in place that provide consequences for racial and other discrimination because you believe that going back to the time when affirmative action and the Civil Rights Act didn't exist will create equality for all, even knowing what it was like before?

What year were you born?

Because that's what affirmative action has done for me, it's provided me with an opportunity to compete in fields in which I would otherwise be possibly excluded, not because I was unable to compete but due to my race and/or gender. Both of the fields I'm in presently are dominated by white males, some of whom are not so subtle about their dislike of my presence in their world.

She did not say that she could not compete without AA dumb ass. She said she would not be allowed to compete. You white racists try to twist and turn shit to support your psychosis, but the fact is this:

White men made laws excluding everybody else that were in effect on paper until 55 years ago. During the 55 years since this law was taken off the books, whites have not followed them. This system has afforded whites things only because they are white and still does. Until that stops, we are going to fight. White men like you can't compete without them.
Whites fought and died to end slavery. Whites passed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments. Liar.
Blacks fought and died for freedom from england, to live in slavery here. Blacks fought and died to end slavery here then ended up living in Jim Crow. Blacks fought 2 World wars, Korea, and were dying in Vietnam to free others when we really were not free here. So just stop lying to yourself about what whites have done.

...​
...​

What year were you born?
Irrelevant.

...​
...​

What year were you born?
Why?

I don’t waste my time interacting with black people like you. That would be a waste of both our time. There’s nothing about you worth putting an effort into interacting with that would be beneficial to anyone.

While it’s true you are black, it’s also true you’re a fucking clown. A racist, unhinged fucking clown. You are the reason stereo types of blacks are what they are. You’re a clown in black face that can’t be washed off.

Do you feel better now white boy. Did you get all the phlem out of your chest?

You don't interact with blacks like me because you're an ignorant uneducated loser who wants to hear black people blaming each other for the problems whites like you created. You can't beat facts. The whites mans system requires recordkeeping and documentation. So what you see are blacks using what whites have documented against you and you can't handle the truth.

...​
...​

What year were you born?
Why?
You know why. He wants to use that raggedy "that was in the past" excuse.

Look racists, you guys are as transparent as Saran wrap. There is only one reason why you want AA to end and it's because you want to return to whites only. You don't give a damn about merit. Because merit has never been a consideration in America.

I told you in about the third post that I am not complaining about being harmed by AA. I have a problem with hypocrites playing on race, claiming to be victims. Please keep up. You don't want equality--you want preference.
So if you haven't been harmed by affirmative action why are you complaining about it? Why are you complaining about something that hasn't negatively impacted your life?
I can't speak for CA, but there are plenty of policies that I haven't been affected by but I'd like to change. A good example is mandatory drug sentencing. I've never had a drug charge and don't do drugs, but I don't like seeing people incarcerated for long periods for just using drugs. Selling drugs is a different issue, of course.

So, opposition to AA can likewise come from many angles. I think California is a good test case where it showed that ending AA did benefit Asians more than anyone else, but it's because Asians are the highest performers oftentimes. I don't have a problem with rewarding high performance. Why would anyone really?
Allan Bakke was harmed in 1978 by AA. The SCOTUS took the chicken way out and ruled for him while still allowing AA. Thankfully, clearer heads prevailed in CA and AA was repealed in the 90s in CA. The race-baiting democrats are trying to reinstate it though.
Allan Bakke wasn't harmed by shit. There were 87 seats for whites at cal law school and 13 seats for everybody else. That's 6:1 in favor of whites.

High performance isn't why white men at 31 percent of the population, control the institutions that affect the other 69 percent. Race is why and you know it. This is why you argue against the policy because that means a return to 100 percent white male preference.
Doesn't it also mean that he was at the bottom of the class if he couldn't get in due to the set asides?
Yep. And he had 87 chances.

Do you feel better now white boy. Did you get all the phlem out of your chest?

You don't interact with blacks like me because you're an ignorant uneducated loser who wants to hear black people blaming each other for the problems whites like you created. You can't beat facts. The whites mans system requires recordkeeping and documentation. So what you see are blacks using what whites have documented against you and you can't handle the truth.

Yet you still continue to vote Democrat, who has kept you on their plantation as long as I’ve been alive.

Look racists, you guys are as transparent as Saran wrap. There is only one reason why you want AA to end and it's because you want to return to whites only. You don't give a damn about merit. Because merit has never been a consideration in America.

Are you saying I only got hired and promoted over the years because I am white? Merit and hard work/knowledge had nothing to do with it?

Blacks fought and died for freedom from england, to live in slavery here. Blacks fought and died to end slavery here then ended up living in Jim Crow. Blacks fought 2 World wars, Korea, and were dying in Vietnam to free others when we really were not free here. So just stop lying to yourself about what whites have done.
So tell us how you're being repressed today.

Yeah, Willie Mays was put into the Giants lineup because he had pretty teeth, huh. You're an idiot.

Forum List

Back