Ban affirmative action. Support equality based on merit.

What is wrong with a merit standard?

Who determines "Merit"? Frankly, I've had one case in my life where I saw a minority promoted due to "Affirmative Action". I've seen a dozen cases were I've seen people promoted due to being friends with the boss, sleeping with the boss, being the Boss's nephew, and so on.

And the boss is usually a white guy.

Merit can mean you scored better on a standardized test.

And then you will claim math is racist....

We should do away with preferences for skin color, gender, sexuality. That is discrimination. Those who support affirmative action support discrimination. Those who support discrimination are bigots and supremacists.

Hence, the supporters of affirmative action are bigots and supremacists, as if that isn't the most obvious insight since someone said the sun is hot..

Why are the Democrats so afraid of equality? The democrat party has never supported equality. It has supported

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

If you believe your own demographic is too inferior to stand up in an equal merit based society, does that not make you a bigot and supremacist?

The left cannot debate this issue.

They rather will respond with hate and card tosses...
You'll fit in great here, getting everything exactly ass backwards is a popular stance around here.
Did your parents have any children that weren't mentally challenged?
People fighting bigotry with programs that encourage minority hiring are not racist; they are trying to combat it, shortbus.
> People fighting bigotry with programs that encourage minority hiring are not racist; they are trying to combat it, shortbus.

OldLady, you just said that hiring based upon race is not racist. Literally.

You don't fight racism by instituting racist policies.

Instead of an insult you deserve, I'll give you a compliment... Cute avatar. :)
Racism involves believing other groups are inferior to yours. It's not a racist policy to break centuries of bigotry by encouraging minorities get a chance.

Yes...it is. It is called racism no matter what the intent....and discriminating against people because people in the past with their same skin color did bad things is called racism....
In the past? Things are better; we are slowly convincing people that a black, a woman, a Latino, a Native American, can do an equally good job as the average white guy. But there are still plenty of people who don't see it and would still not give those people a chance to succeed or fail.
No, what people like you have done is convince people that minorities are getting ahead based upon the color of their skin or their gender, NOT their accomplishments or capabilities. There are facts to base that belief on, just look at the washout rates for minority students admitted to colleges under affirmative action programs. Scarce college slots are wasted on people who have no real chance of success. Promotions and jobs are the same way. Every woman or minority who is promoted is viewed by the other candidates as well as subordinates as getting promoted in spite of their performance not because of it. The bad ones get carried, the good ones have to work ten times as hard to disprove erroneous beliefs about their lack of competency. AA MIGHT have had a place when it was enacted, although I disagree, but when does it end? It existed my entire working life, will my great grandchildren be denied equal access to schools and jobs as well? You can’t use discrimination by further discrimination.

We should do away with preferences for skin color, gender, sexuality. That is discrimination. Those who support affirmative action support discrimination. Those who support discrimination are bigots and supremacists.

Hence, the supporters of affirmative action are bigots and supremacists, as if that isn't the most obvious insight since someone said the sun is hot..

Why are the Democrats so afraid of equality? The democrat party has never supported equality. It has supported

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

If you believe your own demographic is too inferior to stand up in an equal merit based society, does that not make you a bigot and supremacist?

What's wrong with a merit standard? White racists do not believe or do not want to believe that there are black people who are just as capable, intelligent, skilled, and educated as they are. There are also some who exceed them in those areas as well, yet they would NEVER find them meritorious enough to receive things that they've worked for and are entitled to, whether it's a good paying good, a prestigious job promotion, acceptance into an ivy league school, etc.

A case in point, read the ridiculous comments that the resident white racists of USMB have made about black people and women, even when qualified, not being "the best" candidate and then employee to pilot a commercial aircraft, even after it was pointed out to them that they have been doing so, just not is substantially large numbers for the last close to 75 years.

But since white racists also suffer from inferiority complexes and financial & social envy of successful blacks (because they cannot reconcile mentally how a black person could ever do better than they have) they attribute this "anomaly" to blacks allegedly being given advantages denied to them, affirmative action being their favorite pinata that they like to whack .

I am of the opinion that perhaps the true reason for them lagging behind is lack of critical thinking skills and abysmal reading comprehension skills. Perhaps you can assist by pointing out where in the text below ANYONE is given preference over ANYONE else, let alone over WHITES?

While the concept of affirmative action has existed in America since the 19th century, it first appeared in its current form in President Kennedy's Executive Order 10925 (1961): "The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin."​
And that noble sentiment has devolved into a quota system.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

You'll fit in great here, getting everything exactly ass backwards is a popular stance around here.
People fighting bigotry with programs that encourage minority hiring are not racist; they are trying to combat it, shortbus.
> People fighting bigotry with programs that encourage minority hiring are not racist; they are trying to combat it, shortbus.

Racism involves believing other groups are inferior to yours. It's not a racist policy to break centuries of bigotry by encouraging minorities get a chance.

Yes...it is. It is called racism no matter what the intent....and discriminating against people because people in the past with their same skin color did bad things is called racism....
In the past? Things are better; we are slowly convincing people that a black, a woman, a Latino, a Native American, can do an equally good job as the average white guy. But there are still plenty of people who don't see it and would still not give those people a chance to succeed or fail.
No, what people like you have done is convince people that minorities are getting ahead based upon the color of their skin or their gender, NOT their accomplishments or capabilities. There are facts to base that belief on, just look at the washout rates for minority students admitted to colleges under affirmative action programs. Scarce college slots are wasted on people who have no real chance of success. Promotions and jobs are the same way. Every woman or minority who is promoted is viewed by the other candidates as well as subordinates as getting promoted in spite of their performance not because of it. The bad ones get carried, the good ones have to work ten times as hard to disprove erroneous beliefs about their lack of competency. AA MIGHT have had a place when it was enacted, although I disagree, but when does it end? It existed my entire working life, will my great grandchildren be denied equal access to schools and jobs as well? You can’t use discrimination by further discrimination.
Lot to unpack there. I'm not going to bother. People see what they want to see and disregard the rest. Enjoy your life of victimhood, and make sure to pass it on to your grandchildren. We wouldn't want to miss a generation of snivelling losers; it just wouldn't be the same if by then everyone had figured out that we're equally capable when given a chance.

200 years ago, the democrats called whiny slaves

sniveling losers

100 years ago, democrats called blacks complaining about segregation

Sniveling losers

Whoever the current victim is of the democrat party obsession with fascist state sponsored racial discrimination is

Sniveling losers

Why can't the democrats support equality?

Democrats are about divide and conquer, not winning by merit, free speech and debate, and free and fair elections....

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

We can't do away with AA yet because there are still too many bigots around
who wouldn't give those people a chance.
Getting rid of AA pulls the teeth of the bigots on both sides. AA has been in effect for over fifty years, if it was going to accomplish anything, by now the improvements would be obvious. It has failed despite billions of dollars being spent. It’s past time to try something else. Make equality the law, not preference.
The improvements have been obvious, but we're not there yet.
I don’t see them. Black poverty is up, black crime, both as criminals and victims, is up, black education is down, rate of black single parents is way up. The once thriving black middle class is all but extinct. The only place I see improvement in numbers of employed blacks are government jobs which most working people regard as sinecures.
Links?
Do your own research, the information is everywhere.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

Lot to unpack there. I'm not going to bother. People see what they want to see and disregard the rest. Enjoy your life of victimhood, and make sure to pass it on to your grandchildren. We wouldn't want to miss a generation of snivelling losers; it just wouldn't be the same if by then everyone had figured out that we're equally capable when given a chance.
You prove that you are indeed capable of being clueless. You might learn something if you read his 11 line post.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

What?

Minorities do not do worse than whites

Most of the ivy league is per capita jews and asians.

The rest of you do not do well. If it wasn't for hte Jews being counted as whites teh stats would be a lot closer, lol

The highest achieving ethnic groups in this country are all minorities. Because the whites have a much more varied and representative population from Europe.

The average non illegal immigrant post 1965 is well over 100 IQ. That's true for Eastern Europe as well. But again their stats are subsumed by native born whites.

SKilled western euros never had a reason to come to the states outside religion....Their standard of living was very good in Europe already. Only reason to get on the boat was to get away from the catholics or whatever religious strife was relevant to your life.

There is very little reason to leave Germany or France for America if you're already an elite in the west. So there is no flow of high skill immigrants from those countries like htere is the poorer ones.

Not really. We’re you even alive during any of that?

Sorry to intrude on your conversation with IM2 and NewsVine Mariyam, but you are missing the point as to why Affirmative Action is necessary.
People brought up in poverty are deprived. They live in bad neighborhoods to have to go to bad schools with bad teachers, parents too busy scrambling for rent to have time to help them, lack or travel, computers, educated relatives to teach them things, etc.
People brought up in wealth have lots of advantages, like their own libraries of boos, computers, magazine subscriptions, stimulating trips and vacations to other countries, museums, art galleries, 2 parents, etc.

So why are there these economic disparities?
It usually has nothing to do with intelligence or aptitude.
The fact is that slavery took the production of many and gave it all to a few.
This disparity is passed on from generation to generation, even after slavery ended.
Blacks had no way to regain the wealth taken from them, and with wealth it is easy to generate more wealth, even after slavery was over.

So Affirmative Action is the only way.
And Affirmative Action is not where you give unqualified people jobs just to make your racial quotas look good.
All Affirmative Action means is that you take the poverty of the person's up bringing into account when you try to evaluate their potential. You just don't rely on standardized testing because standardized testing does not work for someone with a deprived childhood. That is true for all races. Standardized testing is not really very valid.
So you’d be in favor of AA based upon social and economic factors rather than race? Guess what, so would I and so would most responsible people.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

I’m not a victim, I was a poor, bastard abandoned by his mother and raised by his maternal grandmother who was dirt poor. I grew up in one of the worst neighborhoods in Southern California. It was totally integrated so I learned very early on that race isn’t a big deal, there is trash in all races. By dint of sacrifice and endless effort I managed to raise myself up into the lower middle class and now enjoy a comfortable retirement. Recognizing that opportunities were denied to me because of my race is just being realistic. It happens to everyone REGARDLESS of race; to succeed you rise above other people’s prejudices and work to prove them wrong. The worst thing anyone can do is to use other’s prejudices to explain their own failures.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

You damn sure don't stop racism by doing nothing and AA DOES NOT discriminate against whites. Whites have benefitted the most from the policy. White women specifically. And because white women are entering places women were excluded from, white family icome and wealth has increased. AA is not just about race, but your white race pimps tell you it is and fragile white men who are too lazy to compete for jobs and feel they are entitled to everything whine about basing things on merit, when merit is not why whites have what they do now. Finally, this assumption of merit is a racist dogwhistle since white men believe that merit will get them the jobs over everyone else. Whites who argue this always whine about unqualified blacks as if there is no such thing as an unqualified white.

Sorry to intrude on your conversation with IM2 and NewsVine Mariyam, but you are missing the point as to why Affirmative Action is necessary.
People brought up in poverty are deprived. They live in bad neighborhoods to have to go to bad schools with bad teachers, parents too busy scrambling for rent to have time to help them, lack or travel, computers, educated relatives to teach them things, etc.
People brought up in wealth have lots of advantages, like their own libraries of boos, computers, magazine subscriptions, stimulating trips and vacations to other countries, museums, art galleries, 2 parents, etc.

This disparity is passed on from generation to generation, even after slavery ended.
Blacks had no way to regain the wealth taken from them, and with wealth it is easy to generate more wealth, even after slavery was over.

And Affirmative Action is not where you give unqualified people jobs just to make your racial quotas look good.
All Affirmative Action means is that you take the poverty of the person's up bringing into account when you try to evaluate their potential. You just don't rely on standardized testing because standardized testing does not work for someone with a deprived childhood. That is true for all races. Standardized testing is not really very valid.
So you’d be in favor of AA based upon social and economic factors rather than race? Guess what, so would I and so would most responsible people.
No only racists. Because wealthy people of color still face racism. AA is not just about standardized tests.

No only racists. Because wealthy people of color still face racism. AA is not just about standardized tests.

so? you think asians think that way?

fuck off

Whiney, effeminate, upper class minorities are exactly why we're in this fucking mess. Should have transitioned to poverty based AA in 1995. New generation of people. Vast majority of racist teachers were gone. It was time

At this point it's African immigrants who get all this shit it's not even native born blacks.

Why the fuck should an African immigrant get anything over an Asian immigrant? They're demographically almost exactly the fucking same

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

What's wrong with a merit standard? White racists do not believe or do not want to believe that there are black people who are just as capable, intelligent, skilled, and educated as they are. There are also some who exceed them in those areas as well, yet they would NEVER find them meritorious enough to receive things that they've worked for and are entitled to, whether it's a good paying good, a prestigious job promotion, acceptance into an ivy league school, etc.

A case in point, read the ridiculous comments that the resident white racists of USMB have made about black people and women, even when qualified, not being "the best" candidate and then employee to pilot a commercial aircraft, even after it was pointed out to them that they have been doing so, just not is substantially large numbers for the last close to 75 years.

But since white racists also suffer from inferiority complexes and financial & social envy of successful blacks (because they cannot reconcile mentally how a black person could ever do better than they have) they attribute this "anomaly" to blacks allegedly being given advantages denied to them, affirmative action being their favorite pinata that they like to whack .

I am of the opinion that perhaps the true reason for them lagging behind is lack of critical thinking skills and abysmal reading comprehension skills. Perhaps you can assist by pointing out where in the text below ANYONE is given preference over ANYONE else, let alone over WHITES?

While the concept of affirmative action has existed in America since the 19th century, it first appeared in its current form in President Kennedy's Executive Order 10925 (1961): "The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin."​
And that noble sentiment has devolved into a quota system.
Quota systems are not lawful except to my understanding after a company has been found to be in violation of the Civil Rights Act prohibiting discrimination and only as a corrective measure. They are not a part of the executive order that created affirmative action created and the EEOC.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: IM2

so? you think asians think that way?

fuck off

Whiney, effeminate, upper class minorities are exactly why we're in this fucking mess. Should have transitioned to poverty based AA in 1995. New generation of people. Vast majority of racist teachers were gone. It was time

At this point it's African immigrants who get all this shit it's not even native born blacks.

Why the fuck should an African immigrant get anything over an Asian immigrant? They're demographically almost exactly the fucking same
Asians are for Affirmative Action. Without AA, asians get excluded. Vast majority of racist teachers aren't gone, this nation is still higly racist. African get in on H1B so do Asians. Stop thinking you can talk for Asians. We are here today because whites have not quit being racists. Here we have a forum full of racists and you talk about some new generation. Psychosis.

Newsvine is correct. If a company is required to meet qoutas it is because they have been found practicing racial discrimination.

The most unfair thing in the world is...Equal treatment for Unequals.
Yep and for most of this nations history dumb and mentally retarded whites have been given equal or preferential treatment above more qualified people of color.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

/——/ Libs say that would be racist

Forum List

Back