Ban affirmative action. Support equality based on merit.

You are nothing more than a racist guilt-ridden white loser who is envious of those that have done well. I am far from dumb and far from poor. You should take a look in the mirror for that. Being born white is not a golden ticket to anything. You have been incorrectly taught/indoctrinated.

Yeah, Cleetus, you keep saying that, but won't tell us what state or city you live in... so there's that.

I'm not envious of the rich, I worry about the destructive nature of wealth inequality. Like the French in 1789, the Russians in 1917, the Cubans in 1959 or the Iranians in 1979. Eventually the have not get sick of having not and take it out on the haves. It's not a good thing.

You see, I will do okay in the world where the Rich are stealing the last cent the poor have, and I'll do well in the world where the poor get fed up with it, drag the rich out of their mansions and murder their families in front of them before pushing the lot into a mass grave.

The latter is not preferable, though.

Anyone, black or white, who can afford them has access to private schools and tutors.

Wow, did you actually say that with a straight face, Cleetus. I mean, even Marie Antoinette didn't actually say, "Let them eat Cake". (Before they chopped that bitch's head off.)

Not sure where you are going with athletic scholarships. The most scholarships by far at major universities go to football teams with 75. Last I checked, white guys aren't exactly over-represented on those rosters.

Um, wow... yes, clueless. the problem here isn't the sports that make money, it's the ones that don't, that you need special training and equipment for, which are overwealmingly white. Thanks to Title X, you can even get one for rowing and never be on a rowing team, if you pay attention to the Varsity Blues scandal.

Legacies only get special treatment at the very elite schools and there are very few of those.
Yes, the elite schools most of our leaders come from.

My wife attended a little Ivy but our kids would not get any significantly special treatment if they applied. (They never would...it is a liberal freakshow and my wife is quite embarrassed and disappointed by them)
I'm sure you can find a university that teaches about talking snakes somewhere in the South.

I can assure you that donating to my alma mater will not afford any special treatment for my kids unless I make a HUGE donation significant enough for them to name a building after me.

But that's the point... some people do.

I saw that Princeton University is bragging that the incoming class is 60+% minority.

A. Why is that something to be proud of?

B. They didn't mention they waived the SAT score requirements. This is soft bigotry just to get quota points. It's social engineering by the university, and they want to be stroked by the woke establishment.

How about just try to be a place where being the highest achieving academic student is what gets you in?

You know.. equality?

Equity = racism.
Considering that we have seen a huge case where whites cheated on SAT tests, your post is ignorabt and shows the racism that is the content of your character.
LMAO

SAT scores are based on your knowledge. It's like a 100 meter dash time. It's merit-based.

What is this one "huge case".. and how does one case dictate that we must do away with an entire system?

I think being how hypersensitive and activist you clearly are, you care a LOT more about mere race than I do.
Wrong. You can't pay somebody else to run your 100 meter dash and get credit for it. SAT scores have never been the only requirements for admission and furthermore they are not accurate indicators of intelligence. The fact you are here calling equity racism shows what you are.
Yes, I support equality of treatment under the law. Not equity, which uses decisions based exclusively on skin color as qualifications for a spot.

that’s racism

I saw that Princeton University is bragging that the incoming class is 60+% minority.

A. Why is that something to be proud of?

B. They didn't mention they waived the SAT score requirements. This is soft bigotry just to get quota points. It's social engineering by the university, and they want to be stroked by the woke establishment.

How about just try to be a place where being the highest achieving academic student is what gets you in?

You know.. equality?

Equity = racism.
Princeton is a Preppy school. Whites who are born rich hate and fear all other Whites. That class is unAmerican to the core. They need to go back to the crumbling castles of Europe where they belong. But, as a class, they never get targeted. Their unearned inherited wealth gives them the power of mind control.
We have mesmerizing privledge that we try to keep quiet
A Ton of Princes

College is work without pay, so it is specifically designed for richkids who live off an adult allowance and don't need to be paid. The other students are teenagers who are afraid to grow up. The wannabe Preppies hate their Daddies for not getting rich and spoiling them. Neither group merits education, which must become paid professional training instead of this obsolete and anti-American "heiristocratic" institution.

rightwinger
Nah. We are seeing the worst president in history right now.

I sure hope we can survive four years of the Biden/Harris very expensive shit show.

Of course Biden is “the worst.”
He rid the country of the scourge of Trump

Yeah, Cleetus, you keep saying that, but won't tell us what state or city you live in... so there's that.

I'm not envious of the rich, I worry about the destructive nature of wealth inequality. Like the French in 1789, the Russians in 1917, the Cubans in 1959 or the Iranians in 1979. Eventually the have not get sick of having not and take it out on the haves. It's not a good thing.

You see, I will do okay in the world where the Rich are stealing the last cent the poor have, and I'll do well in the world where the poor get fed up with it, drag the rich out of their mansions and murder their families in front of them before pushing the lot into a mass grave.

You have this faulty mentality that to become rich you must steal from the poor. That is simply untrue, particularly given what the Democrats consider "rich".

Wow, did you actually say that with a straight face, Cleetus. I mean, even Marie Antoinette didn't actually say, "Let them eat Cake". (Before they chopped that bitch's head off.)

Yes, if you have money, you can afford private schools and tutors. That is a wealth thing, not a race thing. Again, right over your head.

Um, wow... yes, clueless. the problem here isn't the sports that make money, it's the ones that don't, that you need special training and equipment for, which are overwealmingly white. Thanks to Title X, you can even get one for rowing and never be on a rowing team, if you pay attention to the Varsity Blues scandal.

Speaking of clueless, I assume you mean Title IX. This plan was developed by lefties to give women an equal chance at scholarships. Most revenue-generating sports are male, particularly at large schools. At small schools, oftentimes none are revenue-generating. At large schools that have football programs, the football team supports most of the other sports. They also have the most scholarships. Title IX forced these schools to give an equal number of scholarships to non-revenue generating sports so many male sports were cut entirely or scholarships severely limited to make scholarships equitable between males and females. If anything, males in tennis, track, rowing, etc. are hurt the most by Title IX. Again, it is yet another lefty idea born out of the idea of "fairness" that was not well thought out.

So what? My kids are white and would get no preferential treatment getting into Harvard, in fact, it would be more difficult for them than if they were black. Again, shortsighted thinking will get you nowhere.

I'm sure you can find a university that teaches about talking snakes somewhere in the South.

Oh, don't kid yourself. The nutty lefties have invaded nearly every academic institution in the country. It is up to me as a parent to teach my children to think for themselves and not fall for their ridiculous rants of a childlike professor who has spent his entire life in school.

Yes, some people do, both black and white. Legacies and large donors are another topic of discussion. Just because more legacies or large donors may happen to be white, doesn't make the practice of giving them special treatment racially discriminatory. This practice does discriminate against those that aren't legacies and/or can't make such large donations.

Not a problem. I'll select people by ability not by color.

Nobody believes you are in a position to select anyone, but if you ever do, I'm sure that any black person you reject would be happy to point out your comments about walking erect to a judge.
When you vote...that becomes your selection. But, as with everything else, you struggle with comprehension of the English
language.

You have this faulty mentality that to become rich you must steal from the poor. That is simply untrue, particularly given what the Democrats consider "rich".

Not faulty at all. 1% of the population controls 43% of the wealth. They did not do 43% of the physical labor to create that wealth. Which means they stole it from the people who did.

Yes, if you have money, you can afford private schools and tutors. That is a wealth thing, not a race thing. Again, right over your head.

Uh, wealth disparity and racism are linked like conjoined twins, buddy. Sorry you don't get this. When we brought the first black people over in chains, that was the intent.

Speaking of clueless, I assume you mean Title IX. This plan was developed by lefties to give women an equal chance at scholarships. Most revenue-generating sports are male, particularly at large schools. At small schools, oftentimes none are revenue-generating. At large schools that have football programs, the football team supports most of the other sports. They also have the most scholarships. Title IX forced these schools to give an equal number of scholarships to non-revenue generating sports so many male sports were cut entirely or scholarships severely limited to make scholarships equitable between males and females. If anything, males in tennis, track, rowing, etc. are hurt the most by Title IX. Again, it is yet another lefty idea born out of the idea of "fairness" that was not well thought out.
Yes, Title IX.

Actually, it was very well thought out, the problem is the universities see sports as a revenue game. Who do you think pays for those programs in the schools that aren't Ivy League or Big Ten? The rest of the students.

Now, I went to UIC. And I make the joke "Go Flames, said no one, ever." We had the full boat Title IX athletic program, and when I went there, it made up about 70% of the fees paid by students to pay for scholarships and programs for all these sports no one cared about. UIC has a basketball team, but no one cares about it. They can't even give free tickets away to the students. They built this big expensive Pavilion for the Basketball and Hockey teams to play at. It makes some money hosting concerts for B-list acts. Trump tried to hold a rally there in 2016 and we ran him out of town.

Here's a crazy idea. Let's get colleges out of the Sports business and into the Education Business. I mean, I know, that's nutty and shit.

So what? My kids are white and would get no preferential treatment getting into Harvard, in fact, it would be more difficult for them than if they were black. Again, shortsighted thinking will get you nowhere.
And that's the point here, isn't it? Black people are getting a privilege you can't get. WAAAAHHHHH.... forgetting all the privileges you get as a white person, like "Not being shot by a racist cop with no consequences".

This is how they've kept you dumb-asses in Jesusland supporting them for decades. You might not have shit, but at least you have more than the Darkies. Wait. The Darkies are getting something you can't get? Let's get upset about it!!!

Oh, don't kid yourself. The nutty lefties have invaded nearly every academic institution in the country. It is up to me as a parent to teach my children to think for themselves and not fall for their ridiculous rants of a childlike professor who has spent his entire life in school.

now, mixed bag of thoughts here. I paid for my college by joining the Army, but I got a lot more out of the Army than I got out of college, which is why my shadowbox with my rank insignias and medals are prominently displayed in my home, and my diploma is in the bottom of a file cabinet somewhere.

The problem here is that reality has a liberal bias. Evolution is true, creationism isn't. Supply side really doesn't work. The Earth really is getting warmer, and humans are causing it. The country has done better when Democrats are in charge than when Republican are.

1625314744703.png

(That Chart is going to look even worse when TRUMP PLAGUE and TRUMP RIOTS are factored in)

So, yes, when academics point these things out, yup, it's a liberal bias, I guess.

So what you call "Making your kids think for themselves" sounds a lot more like "shielding them from ideas I don't like."

Yes, some people do, both black and white. Legacies and large donors are another topic of discussion. Just because more legacies or large donors may happen to be white, doesn't make the practice of giving them special treatment racially discriminatory. This practice does discriminate against those that aren't legacies and/or can't make such large donations.

So essentially, you are not upset about rich white people getting in ahead of you because of their wealth, even though you might be more deserving, you are upset about poor black kids getting in ahead of you because we are trying to correct some of the racial wrongs of the past.

rightwinger
Nah. We are seeing the worst president in history right now.

I sure hope we can survive four years of the Biden/Harris very expensive shit show.

Of course Biden is “the worst.”
He rid the country of the scourge of Trump

Legacies and huge donations are for the one percent of the one percent of the one percent who are the ultra wealthy. Money will always talk, it has in every society and there are always elites. There were in the USSR, sand Communist Cuba. There are in the PRC and Venezuela today. Even the ultra-wealthy don't stay that way when they squander their wealth on poorly educated children who live to party.

Forum List

Back