Backyard mosquito spraying booms, but may be too deadly

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind

More proof that man does NOT learn shit from his previous mistakes!!

Does nobody remember the DDT fiasco from the 50's and 60's??

DDT was used to spray on crops for pest control, and cities used "fog trucks" to pump out clouds of DDT fog as they drove down city streets every summer, to supposedly control "flying pests".

What this actually did was poision the air, the ground, the water, and the food farmers were growing.
Come to find out, it was the DDT that was the cause for a huge uptick in people getting cancer, babies being born deformed, etc....

The banned the use of DDT finally in 1972.

But........other countries like CHINA still uses DDT on crops and as pest control.

DDT was awesome! Nothing better to eliminate malaria.

Come to find out, it was the DDT that was the cause for a huge uptick in people getting cancer, babies being born deformed, etc....

Link?

DDT was awesome! Nothing better to eliminate malaria.

Link?

Aramco used DDT in Arabia in the early 1950s to eradicate malaria. 98 children under 2 had malaria.

I kept mosquitoes down in my yard by spraying with Palmolive dish soap. It was also great for aphids on the gardenias.

Aramco used DDT in Arabia in the early 1950s to eradicate malaria. 98 children under 2 had malaria.

I kept mosquitoes down in my yard by spraying with Palmolive dish soap. It was also great for aphids on the gardenias.

African countries that used DDT were getting malaria under control. Now it's endemic.
Kills millions, cripples millions more, damages their economies. But the greens are happy.

African countries that used DDT were getting malaria under control. Now it's endemic.
Kills millions, cripples millions more, damages their economies. But the greens are happy.

There's ways to use less DDT and still have effective mosquito. I read about it at length years ago. I just don't remember the particulars.

There's ways to use less DDT and still have effective mosquito. I read about it at length years ago. I just don't remember the particulars.

It repels them before it kills them.
Spraying a small amount inside does it.
Spray it on mosquito nets and around doors and windows.

But the greens don't mind human deaths and injuries.

Forum List

Back