So easy to save water.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
Experiment yourself just for the heck of it. You'll be surprised how much water you can reuse for toilet flushing.

Nononononono! We have too many people where I live now. :omg:

Reminds me of Sam Kinison's routine about food.

LOL.....Millions upon millions of gallons of water flows past my place every-single-day and I don't use hardly any of it.....In fact I'd appreciate the relief of a bit of a dry spell......I mean hell, my mold had mold on my patio on the north side of my house......I just bleached it some yesterday. ;)

1660916242294.png

I don't water my lawn ... it's currently brown and dead-looking ... but so is everybody else's ... as soon as the rains return this fall, everything turns green and growing and highway crews will be out with chainsaws and bushwackers fighting the forest back into it's place ... [sigh] ...

This doesn't sound like much ... but now add in all the golf courses in South Nevada, Arizona and Utah ... and we're talking a significant amount of Colorado River water ... water that's not sent down the sewer lines, treated and returned to Lake Mead ...

I warned mine that if I caught them washing and drying a single shirt or pair of socks again I would replace the machine with one that requires them to insert quarters to use, but that is more about the electric bill. Geez the whippersnappers are daft sometimes.

Anyway, whatevers on the water. Plentiful where I live. I do manage the water as best as I can as far as the outdoors stuff. I have about a tenth acre sink for surface water i.e. a "rain garden" although it is not Martha Stewart pretty. It is basically where a foundation was dug out for a building that was never built sits. I run my gutters into it, and reshaped the terrain a little to get the surface water coming down the hill directed into it in heavy rains. I do some swales and such as far as using water as best as I can to water as much as I can as far as the landscaping/veg patches. I also save rainwater to use to water with. Have a small pond I can water out of as well.

LOL.....Millions upon millions of gallons of water flows past my place every-single-day and I don't use hardly any of it.....In fact I'd appreciate the relief of a bit of a dry spell......I mean hell, my mold had mold on my patio on the north side of my house......I just bleached it some yesterday. ;)
Too much fresh water flowing into the sea.

Forum List

Back