Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Aylan Kurdi facing the Kaaba: Time for Mecca to be Mecca
ERGIN YAMAN
Published14 hours ago
1441580342185.jpg
Illustration by Necmettin Asma
If the atrocities of the Assad regime and the indifference of Gulf Arab and European countries to the plight of Syrians is to continue, the world should be prepared to witnessing further deaths like that of Aylan Kurdi
The heartbreaking death of Aylan Kurdi seems to be finally mobilizing us and catching the world's attention to the ongoing ordeals that displaced Syrians are going through on a daily basis. But why did it take so long for humanity to realize that there is such a grave tragedy affecting millions of Syrians, men and women, children and the elderly, the disabled and the vulnerable?

The atrocities of the Syrian regime have been horrendously shattering Syrians' lives since 2011, and as such, death has been the grim reality that Syrians have been experiencing for years. This being the case, why did it take us years to shed some tears over Aylan's death and realize the destitute situation that Syrians are in. How about those children whose bodies were shattered by barrel bombs or those who lost their lives due to the regime's bombings? Their images were also broadcast across the world.

Were these images not tragic enough to create a well-advanced collective response?

Continue reading at:

Aylan Kurdi facing the Kaaba: Time for Mecca to be Mecca

Oh good grief you make me want to bazooka barf.

This Kurdish child was put on the boat because the family couldn't take the torment the Turks were dishing out to them.

You want to dance?

I will give you the blow by blow here Sally. The wife was afraid of the water.No one wanted to get on the boat.

I am ready to explode over this. The child didn't want to go. The wife didn't want to go. The father made them go in the dinghy.

Meh. Tired of Aylan used as a whipping stick for agendas.

When the first refugees made their way to turkey the world should have sat up. There have been far too "Aylans" since then that went ignored.

This Kurdish child was put on the boat because the family couldn't take the torment the Turks were dishing out to them.

You want to dance?

I will give you the blow by blow here Sally. The wife was afraid of the water.No one wanted to get on the boat.

I am ready to explode over this. The child didn't want to go. The wife didn't want to go. The father made them go in the dinghy.

Did you read the entire article? It is not just about this one child. By the way, how could the father make them go into the dinghy when he was in the hospital at the time?

You want to dance?

Did you read the entire article? It is not just about this one child. By the way, how could the father make them go into the dinghy when he was in the hospital at the time?

He was in the dinghy with them and tried to save his sons and his wife.He said Aylan's last words were "Daddy don't die".

"Aylan's aunt Fatima Kurdi, who lives in Canada, said: 'When the boat flipped upside down and the waves kept pushing down, those two boys were in his arms,' she said as she burst into tears.

'He tried with all his power to push them up above the water to breathe and they screamed: "Daddy, please don't die".'

Mr Abdullah realised Galip had died, so he let him go.

Ms Kurdi said: 'He tried to save the second one, Aylan. He looked at him and there was blood coming from his eyes.

'So he closed his eyes and he let him go. He looked around for his wife. She was floating in the water. He said: "I tried with all my power to save them. I couldn't."'

'Daddy, please don't die': Drowned Aylan Kurdi's tragic last words

'I'm so scared of the water... I don't want to go': How migrant mother who drowned with her two tiny sons off Turkish coast told her family she was terrified of boarding the doomed boat to Greece'
  • Tima Kurdi reveals her sister-in-law did not want to journey to Kos
  • Rehan Kurdi had confided she was scared of water and couldn't swim
  • Mother and her two boys, Aylan, 3, and Galip, 5, drowned on the journey
  • Ms Kurdi revealed gave her brothers family the money for the crossing

Mother who drowned with sons didn't want to attempt the crossing

Ergin Yaman isn't being honest now is he when he writes that the Gulf Arab states have been indifferent. Indifferent? Hell's bells these sons of bitches Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey are funding the fucking bullshit that's taking place in Syria.

You want to dance?

He was in the dinghy with them and tried to save his sons and his wife.He said Aylan's last words were "Daddy don't die".

"Aylan's aunt Fatima Kurdi, who lives in Canada, said: 'When the boat flipped upside down and the waves kept pushing down, those two boys were in his arms,' she said as she burst into tears.

'He tried with all his power to push them up above the water to breathe and they screamed: "Daddy, please don't die".'

Mr Abdullah realised Galip had died, so he let him go.

Ms Kurdi said: 'He tried to save the second one, Aylan. He looked at him and there was blood coming from his eyes.

'So he closed his eyes and he let him go. He looked around for his wife. She was floating in the water. He said: "I tried with all my power to save them. I couldn't."'

'Daddy, please don't die': Drowned Aylan Kurdi's tragic last words

Regardless if the boy's father's story is true or not, I think all civilized people feel sympathy for the father for losing his wife and sons. However, we have to be honest with ourselves and realize that so many people have lost children in this conflict. Over 10,000 children have died, and their lives also mattered to their parents.

Daily Death Toll

Forum List

Back