Atheists increasingly uneducated...

If it's MY position, I would assume that I'm the one making the claim.

Perhaps one of the non-educated geniuses would like to correct me?

Sure, and I love it!

However, I also posted another link, the link that the piece references.

Sure, and I love it!

However, I also posted another link, the link that the piece references.

You love it because you're an idiot, and idiots love anything that reinforces their stupidity. Your source misrepresents the data, what it means, and the analysis of the data. You're so blinded by your prejudices that you applaud biased sources.

And even better, you think you're smart for doing so. I'm going to guess that your college didn't teach you how to logically support an argument using objective evidence, or how to interpret statistical data. It's unfortunate that, as a result, you're exposing a thousand people to your ignorance.

But amusing. Very, very amusing.

The funny thing is that you're actually reinforcing the stereotype that people of faith are stupid. I'm not one of the people who buys into that stereotype, mind you, but you're actually serving as living proof for the reason that it exists.

Last edited:
And you are reinforcing the study's findings that atheists are increasingly ignorant.

Win/win.

When you are able to pull yourself together and halt your headlong hate-filled rant, perhaps you'd like to move past the blog and into the meat of the matter.

You're easily distracted, though. I don't have much hope that you'll actually bother with it:

Less-educated Americans turning their backs on religion

Part of the problem is that you believe that your OP contains meat. In reality, this study represents an expansion of an existing trend. Highly educated and moderately educated people have been rejecting religion for years. The status quo of educated people leaving Christianity has continued. However, in the past, the least educated 1/3 of the population was the most religious segment of the population. This has shifted, and now less educated people are becoming less religious.

That means that your team is losing one of their primary sources of support within American society.

You and your original source are reading the study as if it is good news for religious America. But it isn't. The more highly educated 2/3 of the population haven't stopped leaving Christianity at historically high levels. They've just been surpassed in doing so by the group that used to be the primary religious adherents.

So, here's a more accurate spin on the study: Even uneducated people have stopped attending church.

But, keep going. I like watching you squirm and pretend to have 2 brain cells to rub together.

Last edited:
No, I know an opinion piece when I see one.

But the study is good, and it is fully referenced. It's not my fault you spazzed out before you got to it.

Please provide the stats that support your claim that 2/3 of the more highly educated have left the church.

Also, where did I say it was good news for religious America? Once again, as seems to be your wont and the wont of many posters on this board, you are attributing to me a position I have never taken, and then getting worked up about it.

More evidence that the self-educated professors have some pretty wide gaps in their knowledge base.
Holy fucking shit, we have a winner here. You made a claim, whether it's your opinion or not is irrelevant, you must either back your assertion, or you forfeit the claim by default. It's not a difficult concept.

What on earth are you talking about?

Do you know?

More evidence that the self-educated professors have some pretty wide gaps in their knowledge base.
Holy fucking shit, we have a winner here. You made a claim, whether it's your opinion or not is irrelevant, you must either back your assertion, or you forfeit the claim by default. It's not a difficult concept.

What on earth are you talking about?

Do you know?

You've got to be kidding.

So..are you asking for evidence in reference to a post where I referred to the evidence?

This is right up there with being asked "who said that?" in response to a post where I said "My position is..."

lol...you're making a great case for the brilliance of non-educated, non-religious folk!

Then you have yet to meet a self educated scholar

You give me a list of text books required for some liberal arts degree and I can ace a class any class whether or not I pay some professor to grade me on a curve or not.

I got more than half of my first 2 years of college credits via the CLEP. I figure i saved about 25 grand. Is it your position that I have less mastery of courses I didn't sit in class to take?

If it is her position, she's pretty damned ignorant. I skipped almost all my classes in college and still graduated with a 3.9.

We all know the LEARNED consensus is that drop outs who claim they don't need no book larning are - ahem - smarter than college graduates, after all.

graduating from college is far from proof of intelligence.

even a drop out knows that. :lol:

All drop outs know that..it's the one thing they know better than anything. That they're smarter than the people who SUCCEED. They're much too smart for college! College makes them dumber!

Forum List

Back