Atheists don't believe in God or gods but they have no alternative theories that make sense...

The universe didn't get here by itself.

That's my proof of God.
Well that sure is not proof of anything, since you could not possibly know the truth of your claim and have not a shred of evidence for it. In fact, that's a circular, meaningless mess.
How is my argument circular?
You assume the universe had a designer and someone to put it in motion. Then you claim this assumption is proof that the designer which you need exists. It's meaningless pap. Furthermore, you are now tasked with proving "the universe didn't get here by itself". Then you have to prove it is only possible that a magical invisible fairy did it. All of your work lies ahead of you.
All I have to prove is that universe didn't cause itself.

If I prove that, then there is something else that isn't the universe.

Despite what they say, I think nearly everyone knows intuitively that all of existence - life, the universe, the complexity, beauty, order, etc. did not create itself by dumb luck. Anyone who believes it did has a form of blindness, (spiritual blindness) plain and simple.

TBH, I think that provocative threads like this are usually counterproductive, because all you’re doing is attracting all the angry, prideful, mocking, anti-Christian atheists on this site.

I think nearly everyone knows intuitively that all of existence - life, the universe, the complexity, beauty, order, etc. did not create itself by dumb luck
So what? That's not good evidence of anything, and you can count me out of that "nearly all". I see your point anyway, but I will always push back on any of these attempts to portray faith as anything more than faith.

...as to how the universe came to exist or how humans became aware of our own existence.

And I've tried to get answers from atheists, but none are forthcoming.

They do like to mock those of us who do believe in God or gods, as if somehow mockery can make up for lack of answers.

And I do anticipate that they will simply do that in this thread, mock and ridicule.
I don't know how a Microwave works but I don't credit it to a God's work.

The universe didn't get here by itself.

That's my proof of God.
Well that sure is not proof of anything, since you could not possibly know the truth of your claim and have not a shred of evidence for it. In fact, that's a circular, meaningless mess.
You assume the universe had a designer and someone to put it in motion. Then you claim this assumption is proof that the designer which you need exists. It's meaningless pap. Furthermore, you are now tasked with proving "the universe didn't get here by itself". Then you have to prove it is only possible that a magical invisible fairy did it. All of your work lies ahead of you.

Despite what they say, I think nearly everyone knows intuitively that all of existence - life, the universe, the complexity, beauty, order, etc. did not create itself by dumb luck. Anyone who believes it did has a form of blindness, (spiritual blindness) plain and simple.

TBH, I think that provocative threads like this are usually counterproductive, because all you’re doing is attracting all the angry, prideful, mocking, anti-Christian atheists on this site.
This is a debate forum, so it's a bit ridiculous to scold me for starting a debate.

People are saying all sorts of random things, but you're getting way ahead of me.

All I said is that the universe did not cause itself.

True or untrue?

That's all we're talking about right now.

But you might, if we plucked you from the abject ignorance of an existence in a jungle tribe. Then we would explain how the microwaves heat the meat. At that point, you would just claim the gods designed the electromagnetic laws that bring us microwave cooking. It's an ever expanding tautology that simply pours into the gaps and faults in our knowledge. At some point, we have to put away this childish toy.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
People are saying all sorts of random things, but you're getting way ahead of me.

True or untrue?

Matter cannot be created or destroyed
You cannot create matter out of nothing

It has always been here

True or untrue?

Maybe it's a Multiverse. Big bangs occuring often throughout the Cosmos.

Sure you can, if you create equal amounts of matter and some combination of antimatter/dark energy. Net energy zero. No conservation principle has been violated. In fact, many scienists think this may be true of our universe, with most considering it, at least, certainly possible.

This is a debate forum, so it's a bit ridiculous to scold me for starting a debate.

I wasn’t scolding you at all! You completely took that the wrong way. Never mind.

...as to how the universe came to exist or how humans became aware of our own existence.

They do like to mock those of us who do believe in God or gods, as if somehow mockery can make up for lack of answers.

And I do anticipate that they will simply do that in this thread, mock and ridicule.
But you do credit it to an intelligence, the microwave didn’t put itself together by chance.
Right. If left just to nature, no design. No microwave oven. A fine argument for lack of any intelligent design in nature. Keep going, we have a lot of inventions, this could take you a while. ;)

True or untrue?

Matter cannot be created or destroyed

It has always been here
The scientists say otherwise. They say the universe was not always here. They talk about a Big Bang theory.

Are you disagreeing with the Big Bang theory?

But you do credit it to an intelligence, the microwave didn’t put itself together by chance.
Right. If left just to nature, no design. No microwave oven. A fine argument for lack of any intelligent design in nature. Keep going, we have a lot of inventions, this could take you a while. ;)

That was the most nonsensical post I’ve read all day. Sorry, maybe you can rephrase your point.

This is a joke, right?

There are two possibilities.

The universe caused itself, or

The universe didn't cause itself.

What I'm stating is that the latter is more likely true.

And if that's true, then there is something ELSE, which is not the universe, that caused the universe.

And that something ELSE, whether it is a mind or just a mindless force, you might as well call it God.

Now, I'm saying nothing at all about the Biblical God, I'm just talking about whatever, or whoever, caused the universe.

That was the most nonsensical post I’ve read all day. Sorry, maybe you can rephrase your point.
You say the microwave shows intelligent design. I agreed and say that, if left to nature, no microwave oven. You have to breach this gap. How do you pose the design of a microwave shows intelligent design in the universe? No, human intelligent design, then no microwave oven. It seems to show the opposite.

The universe caused itself, or

The universe didn't cause itself.

What I'm stating is that the latter is more likely true.
And I am stating that you are wrong. And that, even if it were true, that would not be any good evidence for, or even a good argument for theism.

And that something ELSE, whether it is a mind or just a mindless force, you might as well call it God.
You might as well call it anything at all, baby unicorn works, rendering the concept of god worthless and meaningless, so far.

Forum List

Back