Assuming there is another debate, will Trump do this again?

There are no words for what happened in the first debate, so there's no reason to review or describe it.

Do you think that Trump will moderate or change or adjust his, uh, approach in the next one?

Against my better judgement, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he'll come to some level of understanding of what he did in the first, and at least TRY to behave SOMETHING like a normal adult in the next one.

Thoughts?

He will change his behavior or at least try. Whether he will succeed or not, we will have to see.

The debate commission has decided to change some rules to help prevent this from happening again.

I find it interesting that trump signed a contract agreeing to the rules but broke some of them within minutes of taking the stage.

That's what trump's word is worth.

Worthless.

He will change his behavior or at least try. Whether he will succeed or not, we will have to see.
The debate commission has decided to change some rules to help prevent this from happening again.
I find it interesting that trump signed a contract agreeing to the rules but broke some of them within minutes of taking the stage.
That's what trump's word is worth. Worthless.
I'm fascinated by the psychology of his behaviors, and my guess is that if we dove deeper into the characteristics of those who suffer from acute narcissistic personality disorder we'd get some clarity.

Last edited:
What I am getting from the reply's to this post is that most of you think Everything is rigged or Faked? who gave you that idea?

I’d like to see a presidential debate where both candidates are asked the same questions. Not one where one is allowed to avoid answering questions and the other has the moderator being actively hostile. I expected both Biden and Wallace to behave the way they did. Biden can’t run on his record of accomplishments because he has none worth mentioning. He’s the consummate politician who has never said anything that can be shown to be a concrete position. He’s spent forty seven years being the light grey politician who was everything to everyone.

Trump hasn't accomplished anything in his life except building profit-guzzling golf courses for the elite. In his four years as a president all he has done is tweet all day. Hardly accomplishments.

Really?

Record employment in a half decade.
Broke records of employment for every minority group since records began.
Several stock market records since he became President.
Broke new record for median household income.
The greatest illegal immigration reduction in a year period.
Presided while the US became the largest energy exporter.
Had the lowest GDP reduction of all G7 countries due to Covid.
Reduced taxes in line with other countries to make us more competitive.
Got us out of most middle-east wars, and eliminated ISIS.
Rebuilt our military to the strongest it's been in over a decade.
Nominated for three peace prize awards.

If you need further accomplishments, just ask. The ones listed are only a few.

Please provide links for all of these accomplishments.
BTW, being nominated for a peace prize - being the same one - is not an accomplishment. Winning a Nobel is an accomplishment.

Seriously.

Losing the Nobel Peace Prize twice isn't a good accomplishment.

Actually winning one is.

There are no words for what happened in the first debate, so there's no reason to review or describe it.

Do you think that Trump will moderate or change or adjust his, uh, approach in the next one?

Against my better judgement, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he'll come to some level of understanding of what he did in the first, and at least TRY to behave SOMETHING like a normal adult in the next one.

Thoughts?

Debate #2? Maybe. Its a town hall. Different dynamics. Cowards don't like being upclose to the people they insult...hence his reliance on Twitter.

Debate #3? He'd better. Female moderator. He's relying on the suburban women's vote. If he is his standard rude ass self, he could screw around and lose this election.

Thoughts?
There will be two instigators, sorry... I mean moderators next time... and they will no doubt try to get him going again. So yes, I would say he will do it again.
And that means, again, Biden will simply need to show up and let the show happen. Biden will be able to say pretty much anything he wants, and he won't be challenged, that will also anger Trump - so I imagine it will be worse.

We've seen how Biden flipped out at his own people during town halls. I wonder if they screen the questions and people first, because if they do, they are not about to allow somebody from the audience ask a question that would set Biden off again.

Thoughts?
I probably disagree with most in that I think Trump has a general plan going into a debate, and while he's certainly no Reagan and not even Slick Willy, he is acting to create a persona. Most talking heads that I've read agree that Trump was trying to bait Biden into a gaffe. But Biden was the guy who actually baited Trump into telling his Proud Boys to "stand by." And Trump's bullying persona doesn't play well with the women and suburban votes Trump has hemmoraged, and the state gopers not tied to Trump, are …. deflated.

We have the VP debate next, and I'm not fan of Pence's ties to fundy Xianity, but he is noted for treating people with civility. I doubt he'll go Trump's "black ho" with Harris. And frankly its a good thing Harris isn't a ho because Trump certainly can't be trusted around them, and like most "preacher men" I think Pence would like to some walking. (-:

Then debate 2 is the town hall, where people asking questions, and the questions, will be vetted to make sure they are really posed by "undecided" voters. So, while I'm sure Trump will gripe about Hunter, my guess is it'll be more "the democrat governors destroyed the economy … I wasn't involved." "Biden knows nothting about economics, and don't pay attention to the three trillion I just wasted when Obama got through a worse recession on a mere trillion" "Biden will be soft on Jina."

I'm fascinated by the psychology of his behaviors, and my guess is that if we dove deeper into the characteristics of those who suffer from acute narcissistic personality disorder we'd get some clarity.

I'm not fascinated by his behavior. I'm disgusted by it.

I started taking psychology classes in high school and continued through college. Trying to understand how the human mind works and why.

I saw that man for what he is back in 2015 when he came down that escalator.

It's not that hard. The man is a narcissist, sociopath and pathological liar. It's not hard to understand where it came from. Parents who didn't want him so much they shipped him off to military boarding school. A father who is also a narcissist, sociopath and pathological liar who taught trump everything he knows.

When it all comes down to it, trump is a very damaged person with a lot of insecurities. It appears his emotional, intellectual and mental development stopped at an early age. He over compensates for his own inadequacies and failures.

trump isn't a complicated man. In fact, he's textbook and very easy to understand.

Last edited:
What I am getting from the reply's to this post is that most of you think Everything is rigged or Faked? who gave you that idea?

Because the republicans rig and fake things.

It's classic projection.

Republicans have been doing it for decades.

I have said for years, if you want to know what a republican thinks, feels or is doing or going to do, listen to what they accuse their opponents of doing. Their opponents usually aren't doing what republican accuse them of doing but the republicans alway are.

Seems to me, none of this would have happened if the Biden team had just agreed to the terms presented by the Trump team, drug tests and an electronics sweep before the debate.

Then?

They wouldn't have hopped Biden up with what ever they had him on. . . and Trump wouldn't have felt free to snort that Adderall. :heehee:
Trump is not in charge of the debates.

His ridiculous demands were rightly seen for what they are.
. . . and what was that?
A drug test? Sweeping for electronics? Trump wants to frame the event!

Thoughts?
I probably disagree with most in that I think Trump has a general plan going into a debate, and while he's certainly no Reagan and not even Slick Willy, he is acting to create a persona. Most talking heads that I've read agree that Trump was trying to bait Biden into a gaffe. But Biden was the guy who actually baited Trump into telling his Proud Boys to "stand by." And Trump's bullying persona doesn't play well with the women and suburban votes Trump has hemmoraged, and the state gopers not tied to Trump, are …. deflated.

We have the VP debate next, and I'm not fan of Pence's ties to fundy Xianity, but he is noted for treating people with civility. I doubt he'll go Trump's "black ho" with Harris. And frankly its a good thing Harris isn't a ho because Trump certainly can't be trusted around them, and like most "preacher men" I think Pence would like to some walking. (-:

Then debate 2 is the town hall, where people asking questions, and the questions, will be vetted to make sure they are really posed by "undecided" voters. So, while I'm sure Trump will gripe about Hunter, my guess is it'll be more "the democrat governors destroyed the economy … I wasn't involved." "Biden knows nothting about economics, and don't pay attention to the three trillion I just wasted when Obama got through a worse recession on a mere trillion" "Biden will be soft on Jina."
The "stand by" comment was over blown.
We all get a kick out of seeing those guys beat down some Antifa punks occasionally.
In fact, on more than one occasion, they have stymied the violence by running them out of an area.
I get what he was saying, and I agree with the testament. Most do. But as President, he can't say what most people can with out the left shitting in their pants.

Thoughts?

We all get a kick out of seeing those guys beat down some Antifa punks occasionally.
In fact, on more than one occasion, they have stymied the violence by running them out of an area.
I get what he was saying, and I agree with the testament. Most do. But as President, he can't say what most people can with out the left shitting in their pants.
Very overblown. LOL

Thoughts?

Very overblown. LOL
You DO realize that the proud boys have black and hispanic members right? In fact, there are roughly 10% black members... more than the United States itself. There are Latino chapters as well.
So... doesn't that kind of ruin the whole white supremacy thing?

Thoughts?

That's what trump's word is worth.

Worthless.
Trump has the bankruptcies and civil suits against him to prove it.

I think Trump believes he did great at the debate. I think Trump's worshipers believe the same.

Most other people, including his advisers, will say that he did horribly. I don't envy the people who need to convince Trump that he needs to change his strategy. I suspect they will try to tell him to knock it off and he will only be minimally receptive to the advice.

The new debate format rules will be far more effective at preventing our President from acting like a toddler.

I don't really believe that his behavioral tendencies are a mystery at all.

The shit show the other night was no surprise.

My own father earned a doctorate in human behavior, and many of the conversations that we had during his lifetime revolved around the typical actions of those with a sense of entitlement, unearned privilege and self centeredness.

Whenever the next round of debates occur, the moderator must be forceful enough to reel him in.......if that's even possible.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back