As sinful as I am, why aren't I

How sad that people debase themselves and their children , being taught from childhood they are bad (sinful), child abuse
It's a powerful tool for mind control and to coerce behavior.

Tell children from an early age that they are base and evil and carry the sin passed down to all of humanity. I’m not going to be saddled with the compulsive admonition of “believe as you’re told or be consigned to everlasting pain and torment.”

Think about it, what is the best way to get superstitious people to believe as you wish for them to? FEAR. Scare the hell out of them. Tell the people that non-believers are on a paved road to hell....and you will deter them (for a time) until they LEARN better.

But just a note before I go, if I harbor any fear at all it is that you'll find out too late that He really is the way, the truth, and life.........
But.... but..... but..... but one last threat.

You should take seriously only what evidence and reason would compel you to take seriously. Evidence and reason has lead me to conclude that (along with a total absence of evidence), that reason and rationality is superior to myth, fear and superstition. But I understand that the "revealed faiths" do not really care about evidence or reason at all. So your conditioning may make that difficult for you.

Unfortunately, it is you who has it backwards.

It's pretty clear that none of the gawds has an interest in who lives and who dies or who gets hurt and who doesn't.. Believers in whichever gawds they were given, die or commit "sin" no more or less often/differently that those with different gawds or no gawds at all.

Billions of people make no effort to examine their religious beliefs, they simply have them, make token nods to them, appeal to them in the hope of dying sooner, rather than later to gain spiritual and carnal rewards and cling to them when they die for comfort. Nothing difficult in that. No, it's much harder to face truth coldly. It's far easier to believe in a loving father figure who will reward us (or p u n i s h us) based upon our understanding of a bunch of ancient rules written in the desert somewhere. It's a simple Santa Clause (purposeful mispelling) model that most people, who are not particularly discriminating, can embrace without their tender sensibilities getting violated. It's not pleasant to think there's no "ultimate justice" out there. It sucks to realize that a dead Hitler or Mao or bin Laden, etc., are pretty much beyond suffering for their cruelties. But it's the truth. And we need the truth to function properly and operate in a sometimes dangerous world.

It depends on your definition of 'gawds'. In the Hindu tradition there is the term Ishvara. These are people who hold power over you. It could be your sibling, your spouse, a police officer, a jerk of a neighbor or any other bully in your life. Sometimes you are the Ishvara.

The Bible (I can't speak of other holy books) teaches us what we can expect from power trippy people. If you can learn to kiss their buns properly then you should be able to manipulate the power trippy people into giving you what you want. I wish I could really teach this concept to the entire world. Powerful people do exist. Powerful people are horrible and disgusting. We do have to co-exist with them. The Bible shows you how to do that.

The Bible is an immaculate manual of work ethics for the slave class or in our culture the working class. God is the ultimate example of a powerful man. Jesus is the ultimate example of how slaves should respond to powerful men. He allowed his life, reputation and comfort to be annihilated. Powerful people cheered and celebrated his demise. It wasn't as final as it appeared. He rose from the dead and went on to do greater things.

A boss can fire you and humiliate you to no end. It isn't the end of the world. You can rise from the ashes and start all over to do greater things. Jesus teaches us how to thrive in spite of jerks like God.

I don't think any of us would want to trade places with Pat Robertson. For someone who wants to be scientifically accurate, you surely pick to use the strawman arguments because Pat Robertson does not represent people like myself who don't want to watch him. I've never given him any money. I've never promoted Pat Robertson and Pat Robertson would never make it on my list of sound Bible teachers. To use Robertson to represent me is dishonesty on your part.
Just going out on a limb here, but I suspect Pat would paraphrase your comments above regarding his impression of all you false Christians.

Or we will get the impression that you would lie for false science.
Are you confused regarding what post you're responding to? That made no sense.

What you are doing is smearing people who don't follow Pat Robertson and misrepresenting people who don't have anything to do with CBN.
That is dishonesty so if dishonesty is part of your life then it is possible that you live like that and why I don't have a reason to be here. I just came back to say goodbye to some people and to see if they wanted to stay in touch. If you don't want to be honest then what are you doing with us? I have no reason to throw my pearls before swine.
I'm underwhelmed by the melodrama.

I just think it's important to point out that you are as convinced as Pat that you, and you alone are the bearer of the coveted "true Christian" moniker. That dynamic even extends to the numerous subdivisions that Christianity has splintered in to. I have no reason to accept that you hold some special, unique understanding of Christianity that no one else has; that you, and you alone, have some a conduit to the "true understanding" of the gawds.

I compared you to Robertson only because you both are arrogant enough to believe that your version of Christianity is the "true" version.

I don't think you were talking to me directly when you compared Christians to Pat Robertson.

I thought long and hard for three years before I became a Christian and I didn't become one to be a false Christian and even after I became one, I still do a lot of research to find out the truth.

Look at how you frame your relationships. I know we're strangers but you frame your relationships that if someone wants to be a true follower of Jesus then they're automatically compared to Pat Robertson.

You don't like those who want to be true representations of what Jesus said so you cause a disturbance and frame your relationships which is manipulative because you can't do anything else than manipulate.

But just a note before I go, if I harbor any fear at all it is that you'll find out too late that He really is the way, the truth, and life.........

Ah the old standby, the just you wait christian revenge fantasy

Yep. "You'll get yours"

A universally sustaining benediction for the more excitable of the haters.

Actually, you would get more chances with us than with God because God tells us to forgive but God knows better in the end.

It's is not hate. It is a prediction and a warning and someone who didn't care about you wouldn't warn you because they wouldn't care but if they hated you, they would want you to goto hell and the best way for that is not to tell you.

You understand that none of us have the power to send you to hell, right?
Only you have that power.
Misrepresenting us as wanting you to go to hell as revenge fantasy is lying.

As sinful as I am, why aren't I sick more often?
As sinful as I am, why aren't I hurt more often?

Everyone has it backwards. We think that God shouldn't allow it.

It's pretty clear that none of the gawds has an interest in who lives and who dies or who gets hurt and who doesn't.. Believers in whichever gawds they were given, die or commit "sin" no more or less often/differently that those with different gawds or no gawds at all.

Billions of people make no effort to examine their religious beliefs, they simply have them, make token nods to them, appeal to them in the hope of dying sooner, rather than later to gain spiritual and carnal rewards and cling to them when they die for comfort. Nothing difficult in that. No, it's much harder to face truth coldly. It's far easier to believe in a loving father figure who will reward us (or p u n i s h us) based upon our understanding of a bunch of ancient rules written in the desert somewhere. It's a simple Santa Clause (purposeful mispelling) model that most people, who are not particularly discriminating, can embrace without their tender sensibilities getting violated. It's not pleasant to think there's no "ultimate justice" out there. It sucks to realize that a dead Hitler or Mao or bin Laden, etc., are pretty much beyond suffering for their cruelties. But it's the truth. And we need the truth to function properly and operate in a sometimes dangerous world.

God doesn't have to punish right now. That is what He has Satan and the fallen angels for. God's punishment is different and is reserved for the next dispensation.
God is still kind to the wicked and He sends the rain on the just and unjust.
When we pass off into eternity, punishment will be based on whether you know God in this life based on your decision.
You couldn't possibly change my mind to believe your theology because Chuck knows more Bible than you and my knowledge trumps your knowledge for the immediate future.
Is there a reason why Chuck refers to Chuck in the third person?

Otherwise, It seems Chuck is being presumptive to speak on behalf on the gawds. By what authority does Chuck presume to know with certainty the wants and desires of the gawds?

its in that thing called the Bible- specifically the NT- You know Jesus' teachings and all that stuff.

I don't make the rules and it's not you'll get yours, it's come get yours. What Christ did for us is a gift. You can't earn it, you can't buy it, you can't recreate it. It is a gift. His clean record to present to your Father. The consequences for your record was mete at the cross. That is the reason the way to the Father is through Jesus. His work made you eligible.
There is no revenge. Just a gift of love. Come get some.

Yep. "You'll get yours"

A universally sustaining benediction for the more excitable of the haters.

If you tell a child to avoid a hot burner, is it out of hate or love?
It's not hate. Why would a Christian hate someone that Christ loved enough to die for? You have hate confused with concern.
There's an old saying in Washington. "Say something 3 times and it becomes the "truth"."
No matter how many times you type "hater", or "fear", it never makes it "truth". I don't hate you. Do you hate me?

As far as I can tell, god created me, only to die. But that isn't enough for him. He also has no problem, having created me to die, to send me to hell to suffer for all eternity. But wait! He is offering me an out! if I believe some obscure book written by people unknown, that is 2,000 to 3,000 years old, which blames my fate on something or other having to do with a lousy piece of fruit by someone who is 200 generations removed from me, then, maybe he won't be so pissed to make me suffer for eternity in hell. And, to add icing to the cake, though he created me to die, and tells me that I must act to keep from spending eternity in hell, he LOVES me!

I guess that I feel fortunate that he doesn't hate me. maybe that would result in two eternities in hell.

You are made in God's image. You are eternal. God's plan never included death. That was introduced with the advent of sin. The rule is, the punishment for sin is death, and it is for every man to die once now that sin has entered the picture. It is the second death, the eternal life without God, without light, and confined, that some will find themselves in, of their own accord. THAT death is the one Christ made sure we didn't have to endure.

Hell was not created by God for us. Re read that. Hell was created for Satan and his demons, on whom God squarely places the blame for His children sinning. Then He gave us the remedy for the permanent erasure of our sins to insure that Satan has nothing to accuse us of when the time comes. Jesus, the Christ.

Yes, Satan is right. The punishment for sin is a second death. He just never said WHOSE death was required. He was out maneuvered at the cross.
Other than coming down here and taking you by the hand, what more do you demand of Him?

As sinful as I am, why aren't I sick more often?
As sinful as I am, why aren't I hurt more often?

Everyone has it backwards. We think that God shouldn't allow it.

God doesn't have to punish right now. That is what He has Satan and the fallen angels for. God's punishment is different and is reserved for the next dispensation.
God is still kind to the wicked and He sends the rain on the just and unjust.
When we pass off into eternity, punishment will be based on whether you know God in this life based on your decision.
You couldn't possibly change my mind to believe your theology because Chuck knows more Bible than you and my knowledge trumps your knowledge for the immediate future.
Is there a reason why Chuck refers to Chuck in the third person?

Otherwise, It seems Chuck is being presumptive to speak on behalf on the gawds. By what authority does Chuck presume to know with certainty the wants and desires of the gawds?

His authority comes from God Almighty. He is on a co-mission with Christ. To save souls. Christians are to spread the Good News. Christ bore our sins to death and then came back, well and sin free.
There is no higher authority.

Irish, you are so naive, that it is kind of sweet in a way....but still REALLY naive.

Here's the thing, I don't like naïve. I want to know everything. And I can't help but be impressed when I read something that was written thousands of years ago, then watch it on the nightly news. With prophecy God said, "I'll tell you what is going to happen, centuries in advance, so you'll know I am legitimate."

When I listen to the news it is from a completely different perspective. When I am told what is going to happen to Israel, and I watch it happen on tv, that gets my attention. I can even tell you how Israel is going to be invaded next. Those invaders are going to be defeated with 3 specific military strategies. There is nothing vague about it. It is detailed.
Man can't even tell me this year's pennant winner, let alone what countries there'll be 3 thousand years from now.

I feel the opposite of naïve, I feel ahead of the game. Most don't even know that Israel is going to be invaded. They'll know when they turn on their TV's. I already know the outcome. The only surprise to me is how quickly Revelation is coming to pass. Which is also prophesied.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, god created me, only to die. But that isn't enough for him. He also has no problem, having created me to die, to send me to hell to suffer for all eternity. But wait! He is offering me an out! if I believe some obscure book written by people unknown, that is 2,000 to 3,000 years old, which blames my fate on something or other having to do with a lousy piece of fruit by someone who is 200 generations removed from me, then, maybe he won't be so pissed to make me suffer for eternity in hell. And, to add icing to the cake, though he created me to die, and tells me that I must act to keep from spending eternity in hell, he LOVES me!

I guess that I feel fortunate that he doesn't hate me. maybe that would result in two eternities in hell.

He is indeed offering you a way out.
That obscure book has sold billions and billions of copies. It is the most widely sold book in the world. That is the opposite of obscure. The fact that it is thousands of years old and still relevant today is amazing.
God imputes sin to Satan, and gives you a get out of Hell free card. His name is Jesus. Because He loves you. You are his boy......

Last edited:
We are sick. Everyone one of us is dying.

But Christ came to heal us with the atonement.

I predict war, and rumors of war, and pestilence and famine, and death.

Please send your money to P.O. Box 284, Dogtrot Missouri. In return, I will touch the camera lense, and your sense of smell will be returned to you!

Forum List

Back