Armed Security on Campus

Sad day today.

But I hope that liberals will see the writing on the wall now. When you consider the downside--like we saw today--there are zero good reasons to not have armed security on campus. I don't know if Robb Elementary had an armed security guard on duty at the time of the shooting. This isn't specifically about today. It's a tragedy that is done...but will be repeated time and again as long as we continue down this insane course of allowing anyone who wants a gun to buy a gun.

What it is about is the next time and the time after that. What my argument boils down to is this. When the shooting starts, the first call that someone makes is to the police--the proverbial "good guy" with a gun. And you want that good guy to get there as fast as possible to stop the shooting. So...now...doesn't it make more sense to have a good guy there already...familiar with the lay out, familiar with the kids, knowing who is out of place, perhaps?

Will it stop every shooting in the future? Of course not. But it may limit the body count when it does happen.
Arm the targets

No more gun-free zones.

Put tranny white supremacists like Salvador Ramos in a compulsory mental health facility, along with all other trannies. They are crazy.

Sad day today.

But I hope that liberals will see the writing on the wall now. When you consider the downside--like we saw today--there are zero good reasons to not have armed security on campus. I don't know if Robb Elementary had an armed security guard on duty at the time of the shooting. This isn't specifically about today. It's a tragedy that is done...but will be repeated time and again as long as we continue down this insane course of allowing anyone who wants a gun to buy a gun.

What it is about is the next time and the time after that. What my argument boils down to is this. When the shooting starts, the first call that someone makes is to the police--the proverbial "good guy" with a gun. And you want that good guy to get there as fast as possible to stop the shooting. So...now...doesn't it make more sense to have a good guy there already...familiar with the lay out, familiar with the kids, knowing who is out of place, perhaps?

Will it stop every shooting in the future? Of course not. But it may limit the body count when it does happen.

Where is the real candy corn? The easiest answer to this problem? End gun free zones…..these attackers attack gun free zones…..if these monsters knew that parents who are visiting the school or some trained staff would be armed they wouldn’t target schools.

I am a thousand percent in favor of School Resource Officers. I see no downside.

St. Mary's County, in southern Maryland, has one SRO full-time for each High School, and one more for every two Middle Schools. A few years ago, a kid opened fire in one, and the SRO was there within *a minute*. One girl was wounded, and the shooter killed himself. It could have been a lot, lot worse but the SRO—a former SWAT officer—really came to the rescue.

I can't think of money better spent. This should be the thing in every school in the nation.

Link: Maryland officer may have "saved a great number of lives" by confronting school shooter

The democrats in the cities they control have been pushing to remove all police resource
Officers from schools….

Where is the real candy corn? The easiest answer to this problem? End gun free zones…..these attackers attack gun free zones…..if these monsters knew that parents who are visiting the school or some trained staff would be armed they wouldn’t target schools.

Is it better that they attack somewhere else? Is it not better to address the reasons why things like this happen as opposed to addressing where they happen?

These WORDS are true, as you posted them, but you always defend/support the politicians who work against that statement.

So what does that make you? A hypocrite

Who is it that I support?

Well I got called out and asked for an answer but so far nothing. If you are going to call someone out, have the respect to follow through.

Who is it that I support?
You tell me who you generally vote for.

No one here believes you argue the conservative side.

I'm not going to search out every one of your posts to prove an obvious point but your response to sunsettommy today at 7 am is one example

Last edited:
Unless we want to get serious about addressing the underlying mental health crisis in this country all of this is a waste of time.
That, once again is being ignored.

Easier to blame the gun than deal with what about our society and social construct is creating in our youth that didn't exist fourty years ago.

You tell me who you generally vote for.

I've stated it many times.

In 2012 Vermin Supreme

2016 Jill Stein

2020 Jo Jorgensen

I voted for David McKinley (R) the other day in our primaries

No one here believes you argue the conservative side.

I'm not going to search out every one of your posts to prove an obvious point but your response to sunsettommy today at 7 am is one example

Of what? I support what I support as opposed to allowing the parties to lead me around by the nose?

All of these cases involve prescription medications or bullying. Maybe it's time to see the gun as a tool and not the symptom

I've stated it many times.

In 2012 Vermin Supreme

2016 Jill Stein

2020 Jo Jorgensen

I voted for David McKinley (R) the other day in our primaries

Of what? I support what I support as opposed to allowing the parties to lead me around by the nose?
Sorry if it offends you that I generally don't pay attention to your posts.

I don't know ANY of these names except (barely) Jill Stein

Do they fall in the conservative category or the liberal?

You mentioned your "stated" beliefs on the 2nd. How do THEY vote? Bet I can guess that it doesn't align with your stated beliefs

Found this:
CANDIDATE SUMMARY
  • Stein said, "We certainly need an assault weapons ban." She also called for regulations to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and individuals with mental illness.
  • She connected gun violence with economic disparity.
  • Stein said that the NRA failed to represent the interests of gun owners and should stay out of politics.

Sorry if it offends you that I generally don't pay attention to your posts.

I don't know ANY of these names except (barely) Jill Stein

Do they fall in the conservative category or the liberal?

You mentioned your "stated" beliefs on the 2nd. How do THEY vote? Bet I can guess that it doesn't align with your stated beliefs

Found this:
CANDIDATE SUMMARY
  • Stein said, "We certainly need an assault weapons ban." She also called for regulations to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and individuals with mental illness.
  • She connected gun violence with economic disparity.
  • Stein said that the NRA failed to represent the interests of gun owners and should stay out of politics.

Why do you feel this need to label everything?

Sad day today.

School districts need to share ideas that do work in managing these situations prior to them ever becoming an event.
Some require more resources, but more than that, the development of procedures along with limitations on access into the building.

One way you can tell if your school district is serious about protecting the students is how they approach the issue.
Policies should start outside the building and work inwards, and emphasis should be put on establishing situation awareness (staff) prior to remedial actions (classroom).

The policies, protections, awareness, and proper implementation with reinforcement and follow-up can make a difference in the
environment and in regards to the teachers, students and administrators.

I could add that our schools here have a Resource Officer (sheriff's deputy) in the parking lot ... And one inside the school.
The Principle at the Upper Elementary School also did what was necessary to get qualified and approved to carry (by the School Board).
He stores the firearm in his office and doesn't open carry unless he needs to go check out someone not wearing photo identification

There are ways to secure a location ... And develop an environment that does support better safety protocols.
You don't even have to turn your schools into a prison doing so, just better training and sharing better ideas.

School districts need to share ideas that do work in managing these situations prior to them ever becoming an event.
Some require more resources, but more than that, the development of procedures along with limitations on access into the building.

One way you can tell if your school district is serious about protecting the students is how they approach the issue.
Policies should start outside the building and work inwards, and emphasis should be put on establishing situation awareness (staff) prior to remedial actions (classroom).

The policies, protections, awareness, and proper implementation with reinforcement and follow-up can make a difference in the
environment and in regards to the teachers, students and administrators.

I could add that our schools here have a Resource Officer (sheriff's deputy) in the parking lot ... And one inside the school.
The Principle at the Upper Elementary School also did what was necessary to get qualified and approved to carry (by the School Board).
He stores the firearm in his office and doesn't open carry unless he needs to go check out someone not wearing photo identification

There are ways to secure a location ... And develop an environment that does support better safety protocols.
You don't even have to turn your schools into a prison doing so, just better training and sharing better ideas.

As with all things simplicity is best

Sad day today.

Columbine and Parkland had security.

Downvote for stupidity.

Columbine and Parkland had security.

Downvote for stupidity.
If people can just walk in there was no security.

An unlocked door is no security

If people can just walk in there was no security.

An unlocked door is no security

It's a school, not the FBI headquarters.

I know you freakshows worship guns, but these are children - not the Men in Black.

It's a school, not the FBI headquarters.

I know you freakshows worship guns, but these are children - not the Men in Black.
Really?

You think something as simple a a steel door with a lock is too much security?

Tell me do you lock your doors at home?

Do you think your home is locked down like the FBI building?

Are you trying to be stupid?

Really?

You think something as simple a a steel door with a lock is too much security?

Tell me do you lock your doors at home?

Do you think your home is locked down like the FBI building?

Are you trying to be stupid?
The person would shoot out a window and climb in that way. Stop being an idiot and making up dumbass arguments like "A steel door oughtta do the trick!"

Forum List

Back