Armed Security on Campus

As I said before, I don't know if they were there or not.

As for hearing it on the news...who are they sourcing as a basis of their reporting? Maybe they have the 411 from the district but I wouldn't be surprised if they were parroting what they read on-line either.
Valid. I'm just passing what I am hearing from usually credible sources and from online news searches with specific criteria.
I just heard the number is now 19, not 18, children killed. The story is evolving and will change. It is possible they will have a lot of egg on their face tomorrow, but I doubt they are off much on what they are reporting just short on what they have not been known yet.

The last thing teachers need is to be saddled with the responsibility of being armed security, on top of everything else.

The other last thing teachers need is for there to be a firearm in the classroom. Videos of students sucker-punching teachers are freely available on YouTube; the idea that even one in ten of those included an easily-reachable handgun is horrifying.

Valid. I'm just passing what I am hearing from usually credible sources and from online news searches with specific criteria.
I just heard the number is now 19, not 18, children killed. The story is evolving and will change. It is possible they will have a lot of egg on their face tomorrow, but I doubt they are off much on what they are reporting just short on what they have not been known yet.
Yeah,

I don't have a problem with bad info in the aftermath of a tragedy. We don't really know much factually yet in the way of a "complete picture"

As I said before, I don't know if they were there or not.

As for hearing it on the news...who are they sourcing as a basis of their reporting? Maybe they have the 411 from the district but I wouldn't be surprised if they were parroting what they read on-line either.
I got it from Heavy.com.

They are my go to for these type of criminal shootings.

'Law enforcement officials described a harrowing scene in which officers tried to stop the suspect outside the school, but he got inside anyway and then entered classrooms. It’s not yet clear what drew law enforcement’s attention to the shooter.

“Texas DPS spokesperson to CNN: several law enforcement officers engaged suspect outside the school, but he was able to make entry into the school. Shooter went into several classrooms,” wrote Steve Lookner, of Agenda Free TV.'

Before this story broke. My wife and I were discussing an article about Scot Peterson, the cop from the Miami High School Shooting. And how he has been charged as a “Caregiver” who failed in his duty to care and protect the people he was responsible for.

I said that I can understand his confusion. One of the biggest differences between training and reality is the simple fact that you know what the training is about. You have time to get your head in the proverbial game. You have people around you. You just rehearsed what you were going to do. Then the training starts and you do it right.

The reality is you don’t have time to prepare. You are alone. You go from standing still to sprinting in a second.

To do that you have to mentally prepare yourself. You have to expect trouble.

I think that Scot Peterson should have gone in. But I understand his delay and once he paused to assess. It became a wait for more information. Wait for back up. Wait. His mind needed more time to shift to the active shooter situation. His mind needed a lot more time than he had.

As I said. I think he should have gone in. But this is what I’ve been building to. I don’t think he should have been charged for not going in.

I believe that policy changes should be as this. From this point forward. Not from last week on. Surprise. You have to let them know what the new policy or law is before charging them for violating it. Policy and procedure by ambush is bullshit.

In the Army I learned it was better to act than react. It is called momentum. When we are forcing the enemy to react to us.

Scot froze. I suspect it is because he never really expected the day to arrive. He was closing in on retirement and had spent the last couple years breaking up school yard fights. It would be as if Barney Fife faced Die Hard.

I have a serious question. When a civilian has a gun out and the cops arrive. Isn’t the civilian the first person shot by cops?

All the cops see is a man with a gun. As far as they know you are the crazed madman they are seeking. The cops have shot armed civilians, fellow cops, and just bystanders who for some reason caught the officers attention or were caught in the crossfire.

So how do you plan to address this with your desire to arm teachers? Yes. They may be able to kill the armed madman shooting up the school. But they almost certainly will be shot by cops after the event when the boys in blue show up. The advice of laying your weapon on the ground before cops get there. We are talking about a bunch of scared kids. Any one of whom could imagine themselves as Rambo and grab your gun from the ground to defend the group. Then Junior is shot full of holes by cops who don’t understand he is a good guy with a gun.

So what is the answer? Because I honestly do not have a clue.

I have a serious question. When a civilian has a gun out and the cops arrive. Isn’t the civilian the first person shot by cops?

All the cops see is a man with a gun. As far as they know you are the crazed madman they are seeking. The cops have shot armed civilians, fellow cops, and just bystanders who for some reason caught the officers attention or were caught in the crossfire.

So how do you plan to address this with your desire to arm teachers? Yes. They may be able to kill the armed madman shooting up the school. But they almost certainly will be shot by cops after the event when the boys in blue show up. The advice of laying your weapon on the ground before cops get there. We are talking about a bunch of scared kids. Any one of whom could imagine themselves as Rambo and grab your gun from the ground to defend the group. Then Junior is shot full of holes by cops who don’t understand he is a good guy with a gun.

So what is the answer? Because I honestly do not have a clue.
Progs social justice agendas over the years caused this. First rule with children...To be seen and not heard. We stopped that many years ago. Many schools have their radicals in them. A modern culture that parents are at work whether one or two parents families. Mental health......many cultures in America. Accusations by group leaders most likely helped to get us where we are. Most of the School killers are around 18 years of age. Their politics mostly left leaning. I may not be exact, but I am in the direction.

Unless we want to get serious about addressing the underlying mental health crisis in this country all of this is a waste of time.

There are 130,900 elem schools in the US. In the last ten years, two of them have suffered mass casualties with an armed gunman.

That's two too many of course--and if it were yours the numbers wouldn't matter and I understand that too. But are we really going to hire 130K+ security guards to be bored off their rocker for all those hours for such slim odds?

The mental health crisis is what we should chase after--agree 100%

The last thing teachers need is to be saddled with the responsibility of being armed security, on top of everything else.

The other last thing teachers need is for there to be a firearm in the classroom. Videos of students sucker-punching teachers are freely available on YouTube; the idea that even one in ten of those included an easily-reachable handgun is horrifying.

My daughter shared a tweet with me that someone gives the public schools about three more years of survivability

I doubt that. Maybe. Maybe two.

Progs social justice agendas over the years caused this. First rule with children...To be seen and not heard. We stopped that many years ago. Many schools have their radicals in them. A modern culture that parents are at work whether one or two parents families. Mental health......many cultures in America. Accusations by group leaders most likely helped to get us where we are. Most of the School killers are around 18 years of age. Their politics mostly left leaning. I may not be exact, but I am in the direction.

Were you actually born in the Victorian Age with the "seen and not heard" stuff? I'm pretty old-fashioned but WOW

Were you actually born in the Victorian Age with the "seen and not heard" stuff? I'm pretty old-fashioned but WOW
The point is that we talk about being evolved. We are not. The pendulum has swung too far in one direction. I am not proposing another era. Our children walk all over the adults. We see violence constantly. We make rules and laws up that helps this. If I had children in school, I would want an education with no social justice warriors gumming it up. Mental health is important. Not anyone that has some problems. I mean psychotics who are dismissed by the system because of the potential for lawsuits by other factions. Most of the school tragedies are teenagers who do it.

An armed society is a polite society!
Somehow the most armed state in the union (give or take) is also the one that has the most school shootings.

1653477278722.png

I guess it is polite that the psychopaths in the shit hole known as Texas are not shooting up Wal Marts (oh wait), Churches (oh wait), Military Bases (oh wait).

Well, there hasn't been a shooting at the space station...yet. Just the Space Center:

An armed society is not a polite society. In fact just the opposite is true.

But again. The argument is more guns will prevent such things. Ok. If we accept that as true how do we manage to identify the good guy with a gun over the bad guy with a gun when cops are responding?

I could post more. But by now you see my point. A madman enters a school and starts shooting. Cops are alerted. Armed civilians engage the baddie. The police show up and engage the armed civilians. Maybe the baddie gets shot. Maybe not.

So how do we eliminate the risk of friendly fire casualties?

Sad day today.

But I hope that liberals will see the writing on the wall now. When you consider the downside--like we saw today--there are zero good reasons to not have armed security on campus. I don't know if Robb Elementary had an armed security guard on duty at the time of the shooting. This isn't specifically about today. It's a tragedy that is done...but will be repeated time and again as long as we continue down this insane course of allowing anyone who wants a gun to buy a gun.

What it is about is the next time and the time after that. What my argument boils down to is this. When the shooting starts, the first call that someone makes is to the police--the proverbial "good guy" with a gun. And you want that good guy to get there as fast as possible to stop the shooting. So...now...doesn't it make more sense to have a good guy there already...familiar with the lay out, familiar with the kids, knowing who is out of place, perhaps?

Will it stop every shooting in the future? Of course not. But it may limit the body count when it does happen.
Or we could just outlaw liberal "morality" indoctrination in government schools.

I fully support the 2nd. I support your right to carry. I do not support stricter laws. I also do not support armed guards in schools.

What does that make me?
These WORDS are true, as you posted them, but you always defend/support the politicians who work against that statement.

So what does that make you? A hypocrite

Forum List

Back