Armed Security on Campus

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Sad day today.

But I hope that liberals will see the writing on the wall now. When you consider the downside--like we saw today--there are zero good reasons to not have armed security on campus. I don't know if Robb Elementary had an armed security guard on duty at the time of the shooting. This isn't specifically about today. It's a tragedy that is done...but will be repeated time and again as long as we continue down this insane course of allowing anyone who wants a gun to buy a gun.

What it is about is the next time and the time after that. What my argument boils down to is this. When the shooting starts, the first call that someone makes is to the police--the proverbial "good guy" with a gun. And you want that good guy to get there as fast as possible to stop the shooting. So...now...doesn't it make more sense to have a good guy there already...familiar with the lay out, familiar with the kids, knowing who is out of place, perhaps?

Will it stop every shooting in the future? Of course not. But it may limit the body count when it does happen.

"Armed security" is just going to be a diversity, affirmative action hire who will most likely hide if a savage runs around with a weapon of any sort. :dunno:

1653447800984.png

Just because guns won't be available at the local WalMart or some other store doesn't mean that someone that wants one won't be able to purchase one, there's always a black market for such things.

How do you know the armed security guard isn't the one that will go nuts and start shooting people?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:
Sad day today.

But I hope that liberals will see the writing on the wall now. When you consider the downside--like we saw today--there are zero good reasons to not have armed security on campus. I don't know if Robb Elementary had an armed security guard on duty at the time of the shooting. This isn't specifically about today. It's a tragedy that is done...but will be repeated time and again as long as we continue down this insane course of allowing anyone who wants a gun to buy a gun.

What it is about is the next time and the time after that. What my argument boils down to is this. When the shooting starts, the first call that someone makes is to the police--the proverbial "good guy" with a gun. And you want that good guy to get there as fast as possible to stop the shooting. So...now...doesn't it make more sense to have a good guy there already...familiar with the lay out, familiar with the kids, knowing who is out of place, perhaps?

Will it stop every shooting in the future? Of course not. But it may limit the body count when it does happen.
I appreciate (most of) the sentiment here...and I hope the left sees the light...

...but IMO they won't.

Guns can't be the solution.

If guns are the solution... then they've been wrong this whole time...and sunk cost won't allow them to admit that.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Time will tell.

I am a thousand percent in favor of School Resource Officers. I see no downside.

St. Mary's County, in southern Maryland, has one SRO full-time for each High School, and one more for every two Middle Schools. A few years ago, a kid opened fire in one, and the SRO was there within *a minute*. One girl was wounded, and the shooter killed himself. It could have been a lot, lot worse but the SRO—a former SWAT officer—really came to the rescue.

I can't think of money better spent. This should be the thing in every school in the nation.

Link: Maryland officer may have "saved a great number of lives" by confronting school shooter

I am a thousand percent in favor of School Resource Officers. I see no downside.

St. Mary's County, in southern Maryland, has one SRO full-time for each High School, and one more for every two Middle Schools. A few years ago, a kid opened fire in one, and the SRO was there within *a minute*. One girl was wounded, and the shooter killed himself. It could have been a lot, lot worse but the SRO—a former SWAT officer—really came to the rescue.

I can't think of money better spent. This should be the thing in every school in the nation.

Link: Maryland officer may have "saved a great number of lives" by confronting school shooter

I'm pretty liberal....

but the left is completely out to lunch on a few things. This is one of them. Again, if your first call to stop someone with a gun is to security officials...doesn't it make more sense to have a trained security official there already? In no way would I want guns in the teacher's desks. But having someone whose job it is to monitor the grounds and respond just makes sense.

I'm pretty liberal....

but the left is completely out to lunch on a few things. This is one of them. Again, if your first call to stop someone with a gun is to security officials...doesn't it make more sense to have a trained security official there already? In no way would I want guns in the teacher's desks. But having someone whose job it is to monitor the grounds and respond just makes sense.

You are extremely far left!

Sad day today.

Many schools do have a resource officer from the police in the school armed now, but not all or even most. I have no problem with it, but it shouldn't be requiring all teacher to perform this function or even most, that I have met. I can tell you this, though. That by itself will not close the history on this problem.
I would add, that there were armed officers that saw this guy get out of his truck with his gun(s) and were not able to prevent this tragedy.

Last edited:
As usual, it all gets down to $. The cost of retrofitting thousands of schools would be staggering but every step taken to harden them WOULD save lives from this kind of evil. One step that could be taken is to put remote-controlled mag-locks on classroom doors. The teacher could lock down the classroom as soon as they hear shooting. They could drill the kids on a plan to move into a point in the room where they aren't visible and wait on help to arrive.

Armed and WELL TRAINED SROs could save lives as well. Just having some person in a uniform without serious training would never stop this madness. The Feds love spending money on votes so why not demand a budget for hiring professional security types?

I'm pretty liberal....

The teacher's gun should be on the teacher's person at all times.

Arm and train those teachers who are willing and able.

Last edited:
"Armed security" is just going to be a diversity, affirmative action hire who will most likely hide if a savage runs around with a weapon of any sort. :dunno:
I am confident if you go to the county court house the judges have real security, including metal detectors, only one entrance and armed cops out the wazoo

I say give the kids the same protection that fat assed politicians get or the pols get no protection at all

Last edited:
I read that on Heavy.com.

Hoped it was rumor,. not fact.
Nope. Just heard it also on the news. I think the cops were chasing him, after he shot his own grandmother and wrecked in the ditch, across from the school.

Nope. Just heard it also on the news. I think the cops were chasing him, after he shot his own grandmother and wrecked in the ditch, across from the school.
The whole thing is just crazy.

Why run into a school and shoot a bunch of little kids.

WTF is wrong with these people.

The whole thing is just crazy.

Why run into a school and shoot a bunch of little kids.

WTF is wrong with these people.
You nabbed, first sentence. This guys, cheese had slid off his cracker. Teenagers are inherently unstable and do not deserve access to that kind of weaponry.

Sad day today.

Many Americans have been pushing for armed security on not just school campuses but medical facilities as well. Our USA certainly has it's fair share of unstable people roaming the streets for sure. Calling the police after a violent incident has started is like buckling up the seat belt AFTER the collision has occurred. Americans need to be prepared for an unsuspected violent conflict & know how to protect themselves @ all times. An armed society is a polite society!

As I said before, I don't know if they were there or not.

As for hearing it on the news...who are they sourcing as a basis of their reporting? Maybe they have the 411 from the district but I wouldn't be surprised if they were parroting what they read on-line either.

Forum List

Back