Armed Security on Campus

I’d love to discuss why it happened but the anti- gun fanatics are blaming people who didn’t do anything….

Why has been discussed by many. A lack of proper mental health coverage in this country. When things like making sure everyone can get access to affordable health care gets mentioned in this country who is it that goes off on that?

Fucking nobody. I'm going to die. Just like Sandy Hook. Just like Parkland. Just like yesterday.

There is no "Call" - if you are unlucky enough to have it be your school - then you're dead meat.

Welcome to America.

330 million Americans…..3 school shootings in almost 10 years…..

Yeah….the rarest of rare events….

And, of course, the killer was known to school authorities, and the police, violently attacked other students……threatening behavior and self mutilation……but lets blame normal gun owners
Why has been discussed by many. A lack of proper mental health coverage in this country. When things like making sure everyone can get access to affordable health care gets mentioned in this country who is it that goes off on that?

Biden didn’t talk mental health, now did he? He blamed people who didn’t shoot anyone yesterday.

Listening to a report just now. The shooter walked into a classroom, barricaded himself and killed every one in that class. If only that teacher had been armed.

Listening to a report just now. The shooter walked into a classroom, barricaded himself and killed every one in that class. If only that teacher had been armed.

Why is it that he couldn't have simply walked in, shot the teacher and then barricaded himself in the classroom?

Same here……but grabbing guns isnt how you deal with lone nut jobs.

I said that and tried to address what I felt needs addressed. When we propose expanding health care to make sure those with mental health issues can get the treatment they need, what do you suppose will be the reaction?

I said that and tried to address what I felt needs addressed. When we propose expanding health care to make sure those with mental health issues can get the treatment they need, what do you suppose will be the reaction?

I’m for it……especially kids like this who show over the top violent and self harm behavior

Why is it that he couldn't have simply walked in, shot the teacher and then barricaded himself in the classroom?
Because he is a transsexual nutcase who well may have been stuffed full of transition medication. He was insane for quite awhile.

Contrary to opinion, the grandmother survived. She might be able to answer questions, like where are the parents.

Because he is a transsexual nutcase who well may have been stuffed full of transition medication. He was insane for quite awhile.

Contrary to opinion, the grandmother survived. She might be able to answer questions, like where are the parents.

You did not answer my question. You just ranted. This is what we get in this country far too often.

Again ... These things can be handled and are handled in responsible districts.

Here ... Counselors, teachers and staff are required to report adverse behavior, or evidence of harm.
They do give references to Professional help, and can restrict a student's return, or choose the Alternative School (better resources) if necessary.
Help is accessible, and in regard to the school, can be required.
Law enforcement is contacted or included in the process if warranted or called for by policy.

The question is not ... "Why don't we do this?"
The question is ..."Why the hell haven't you made sure they are doing it where you are already?"

You vote for, and have the most power over, the people in charge and that make these decisions at the local level.

"Armed security" is just going to be a diversity, affirmative action hire who will most likely hide if a savage runs around with a weapon of any sort. :dunno:

I don't think that'll be the case.

Anyone who's armed as part of their job has to get special certifications. That takes some effort, and it's not something which you can force someone to do. They just don't hire someone and hand them a gun. Armed security on campus will be someone who actually wants to be there...

Again ... These things can be handled and are handled in responsible districts.

Here ... Counselors, teachers and staff are required to report adverse behavior, or evidence of harm.
They do give references to Professional help, and can restrict a student's return, or choose the Alternative School (better resources) if necessary.
Help is accessible, and in regard to the school, can be required.
Law enforcement is contacted or included in the process if warranted or called for by policy.

The question is not ... "Why don't we do this?"
The question is ..."Why the hell haven't you made sure they are doing it where you are already?"

You vote for, and have the most power over, the people in charge and that make these decisions at the local level.

Why? That answer is easy. $$$$. This person was 18 and no longer going to that school so your actions would no longer apply.

Why? That answer is easy. $$$$. This person was 18 and no longer going to that school so your actions would no longer apply.

After they graduate, they cannot get into the school so it doesn't matter.
If the problems present during their school years, there are options for treatment and the reduction of exposure to other students.

You don't need to try and argue with it.
Everything you mention about how it doesn't, or couldn't work is just pointing a finger at what you haven't done.
If money is the problem ... The School District needs to adjust their spending priorities, cut the waste and make security a priority.

The schools here are among the places you can feel the safest ... And that's on purpose.
It's not one thing ... Or a sign hanging on the wall ... It's everything, and the environment A-Z, every day.

You vote for the people that can make it that way ... Directly, and in local elections.
Not doing it is unacceptable.

Forum List

Back