Are You Going to Hell?

Like many others Joe was fed some bad meals as a child
Ironically enough, I was raised Christian and immediately became atheist when I read the vile Old Testament at about age 12. It was just so disgustingly evil, as was the "god" depicted in it. So the "bad meal" I was fed was the iron age fairy tale itself.
Interesting. At 11 and 12 I still did not understand what it all meant in portions of the Old Testament so I did not concern myself with the portions that were beyond my comprehension.
Well, then you were pretty lazy. Even a twelve year old can understand the disgusting, evil, immoral and unethical nastiness in the old testament. The average 12 year old today is much smarter than the abejectly ignorant fools who wrote that rag.

I was asked to read it in class at church. I guess they rely on 12 year olds taking your stance, and fashioning themselves too stupid to get it.
Sounds like you had a very nice childhood. At 12 I was just trying to survive so if you consider that lazy so be it.

Ironically enough, I was raised Christian and immediately became atheist when I read the vile Old Testament at about age 12. It was just so disgustingly evil, as was the "god" depicted in it. So the "bad meal" I was fed was the iron age fairy tale itself.

No you were just given tasteless unleavened bread.

Add just a little understanding to the same dough and the whole loaf will rise into something much more nutritious and tasty, pleasing to the eye and good to eat.
Haha,no. No amount of additional,madeup, pseuso-intellectual or pseduo-philosophocal nonsense is going to cover up the evil that is the old testament. If you want to twist yourself into a little blob of pseudo-intellectual and amoral amorphosity in order to swallow it, be my guest.

You have underestimated the dedication and intelligence of the people who wrote the OT, not to mention the actual historical settings in which they were written during times of oppression and exile and persecution by nations far more numerous violent and powerful than a collection of tribes of nomadic shepherds.

The words used are figurative, the subjects hidden deliberately to protect themselves and curse their superstitious and intellectually deficient enemies.

Still works like a charm.
A lot of it was dative as many worried about losing their heads as it was all being translated. Not only that but peeps like fortfun desire and thing to the worldly aspect not looking into the spiritual hosts within them. They seem to think it is a different realm somewhere off in the distant past and has nothing to do with what is in them in the present.

You have underestimated the dedication and intelligence of the people who wrote the OT
Wrong, it is on display. On the contrary, you have to invent hilariously goofy excuses and interpretations of their nauseating product in order to somehow excuse and justify the lessons you prefer to take from it.

I, on the other hand, am not burdened by having to undertake such arbitrary, self soothing efforts. This must be a full time job for you. Enjoy, I'll take my hobbies elsewhere.

You have underestimated the dedication and intelligence of the people who wrote the OT
Wrong, it is on display. On the contrary, you have to invent hilariously goofy excuses and interpretations of their nauseating product in order to somehow excuse and justify the lessons you prefer to take from it.

I, on the other hand, am not burdened by having to undertake such arbitrary, self soothing efforts. This must be a full time job for you. Enjoy, I'll take my hobbies elsewhere.
So why do you use up so much of your time wasting it by posting on some obscure forum?

They seem to think it is a different realm somewhere off in the distant past
On the contrary, I am the one judging their ignorance and immorality on the context of what we now know. It is you who excuses the evil immorality in their work and tries to paper it over by saying they lived in a different time.

You ignore it just as I do. You are a cafeteria Christian, as are nearly all Christians. I simply eat elsewhere .

Don't believe lying MSM and political correct carrier politicians, Hell is in reality waiting for you.
Stop to commit sin and begin to study the Holy Bible, otherwise you are lost.

So where is your proof Hell is a thing?

King-James-Bible-KJV-Bible.jpg
Nothing in the Old Testament about Hell...which is a Germanic word, by the way.

lol... the only thing on display here is your inability to grasp the hidden moral teachings of fairy tales written by people thousands of years ago.

Talk about self soothing! You fail to understand the teachings in children's stories, what you even deride as fairy tales, so you accuse the authors of being superstitious and ignorant..

You are quite a hoot!

Sounds like you had a very nice childhood.
Indeed I did. I had food, shelter, aagood school, and freedom. This included freedom of thought. I was well educated and well read, even by the age of 12. The biggest mistake those voodoo priests made was giving me the evil old testament text to read. They could not have found a more efficient way to run me off from their cult.

the only thing on display here is your inability to grasp the hidden moral teachings of fairy tales written by people thousands of years ago.
Well that's disconcerting. However will I go on with my life without this moral teaching of ignorant, desperate iron age fools?

:rolleyes:

Those fools don't teach me about morality. I would teach them.

On the contrary, I am the one judging their ignorance and immorality on the context of what we now know. It is you who excuses the evil immorality in their work and tries to paper it over by saying they lived in a different time.

You ignore it just as I do. You are a cafeteria Christian, as are nearly all Christians. I simply eat elsewhere .
I spent almost four years compiling a book for myself about the meanings to all of the names in the Bible which expanded to the terms and phrases used, so your presumptuous nature is kinda off there. I do not excuse evil but I am aware that every dog gets it day in time. Eternity is a sorta long ways off when one compares it with a lifetime or a thousand or two years or so here living in a worldly form. The Bible is a compilation of writings that has been translated from various languages and mostly Hebrew which is one of the most difficult to learn for a novice. Even the so called experts fail when trying to decipher the ancient language but even that is not an issue if a person has the Holy Spirit to guide them through. You are free to deny that as long as you wish as its on you not me.

I spent almost four years compiling a book for myself about the meanings to all of the names in the Bible which expanded to the terms and phrases used, so your presumptuous nature is kinda off there. I do not excuse evil but I am aware that every dog gets it day in time. Eternity is a sorta long ways off when one compares it with a lifetime or a thousand or two years or so here living in a worldly form. The Bible is a compilation of writings that has been translated from various languages and mostly Hebrew which is one of the most difficult to learn for a novice. Even the so called experts fail when trying to decipher the ancient language but even that is not an issue if a person has the Holy Spirit to guide them through. You are free to deny that as long as you wish as its on you not me.
Hey, good for you. But you can keep your evil, vain God. I have no use for it.

I feel the same way about you, "you can keep your evil, vain" ways as "I have no use for" them.

No you were just given tasteless unleavened bread.

Add just a little understanding to the same dough and the whole loaf will rise into something much more nutritious and tasty, pleasing to the eye and good to eat.
Haha,no. No amount of additional,madeup, pseuso-intellectual or pseduo-philosophocal nonsense is going to cover up the evil that is the old testament. If you want to twist yourself into a little blob of pseudo-intellectual and amoral amorphosity in order to swallow it, be my guest.

You have underestimated the dedication and intelligence of the people who wrote the OT, not to mention the actual historical settings in which they were written during times of oppression and exile and persecution by nations far more numerous violent and powerful than a small collection of tribes of nomadic shepherds and stubborn people when there was no such thing as freedom of expression and people were maimed and killed on a daily basis for trivial reasons.

The words used are figurative, the subjects hidden deliberately to protect themselves and curse their superstitious and intellectually deficient enemies if ever they stole their holy books.

Still works like a charm.
The words used are figurative, the subjects hidden deliberately to protect themselves and curse their superstitious and intellectually deficient enemies if ever they stole their holy books.

... their holy books.

they were overtaken then in the 4th century you included - and have portrayed evil ever since. and islam, funny how they mimic the other two.

- and so why have the jews not made the corrections and have stopped writing theirs ...

* all three ... destined for extinction - hopefully, for humanity.

lol...why is that surprising?

If Satan is going to tempt you, he's going to tempt you with something really good, like maybe a Pappy's or a George T Stagg or at least a Bookers! After all, Satan doesn't tempt a man by sending a 400-pound woman to seduce him!

Look at yourself. You are thinking about bourbon when there are many far more delightfully sinful things to do in hell....as long as you don't mind the company...

Look, I turned 50 not too long ago. That means I'm too old for drugs and hookers. Plus, I'm married and have a responsible position. So I have to indulge in my little sins whenever I can!

And you will be judged on your ignorance and immorality

Last edited:

I feel the same way about you, "you can keep your evil, vain" ways as "I have no use for" them.
Yes, notice the difference. I criticize your sky daddy, and you criticize me in retaliation. This is what your faith does to your brain. You take criticism of it personally, since the truth of to relies completely on "because you say so". An evidence-based thinker and rational moralist like me doesn't have to degenerate into this helpless, hapless state. I can step aside and let you contend with the evidence and arguments and go about my day. It's quite liberating, actually. You will never know the advantages of this, unfortunately.

And you will be judged on your ignorance an immorality
Your magical threats, spells and trinkets carry no weight here, shaman. Put down the dead chicken , adjust the bone in your nose,and go have a drink.

And, to be sure: my morals are far superior to anything found in the vile Bible myth. The evil,vain fake god of the Bible doesn't get to judge me. I will judge him. And I have, and he is immoral and evil.

Yes, notice the difference. I criticize your sky daddy, and you criticize me in retaliation. This is what your faith does to your brain. You take criticism of it personally, since the truth of to relies completely on "because you say so". An evidence-based thinker and rational moralist like me doesn't have to degenerate into this helpless, hapless state. I can step aside and let you contend with the evidence and arguments and go about my day. It's quite liberating, actually. You will never know the advantages of this, unfortunately.
You take correcting your ignorance and error as criticism? You have a child's mind.

You take correcting your ignorance and error as criticism?
No dummy, I take your criticism as criticism. Geesh,you have deluded yourself to the point where you feel you are "correcting" people to push your goofy myths. I'm sure devout followers of Satan feel the same way. And devout followers of Mohammed.

Forum List

Back