Are you a big eater?

There are a few places around here that still sell real wood smoked bacon. Beats the heck out of mass produced like Oscar Mayer. Costs more, but it's worth it.

But it's thick bacon and I like the thin. I used to eat the hell out of maple bacon too. omg. YUM. And maple sausage? YES. Nummie! But...can't handle it that much any more. I can get away with 2 pieces maybe....and sausage 1 link or 1 small pattie but thats it.

If it comes to chilled watermelon, I don't get full. Ever.
Tastypuddle.gif

ewww. I hate watermelon. And cantelope. But I could eat a whole pineapple. I think . I would at least try. And mangos. And nanners. Strawberries.

You could eat bacon and eggs less often. Food like that everyday doesn't make me feel good. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables makes me feel better. I rarely eat pork or beef. I rarely eat white bread and have even developed a preference for whole wheat pasta over white. I only buy and cook brown rice, though, if I go to a Chinese restaurant or Asian restaurant, I'll eat white rice. I have not kept in my home or used salt as a seasoning or in cooking for over 25 years. I am used to food without salt and find it unpleasant when I have food that has salt on it.

The point is, you can develop a liking for food that is good for you. You don't have to give up the food you like, just eat it less often and eat things that are good for you more often. But, it's your life. You did mention being depressed. Do you realize that diet and exercise can have a huge effect on depression?

Exactly my own experience. I grew up on a farm, meat and potatoes but haveve been vegetarian for more than 30 years. I just can't imagine having to eat that stuff ever again. What I remember was that the less I ate, the less I wanted. Just grease and fat and eating meat would feel like eating a brick.

Also learned to use spices and herbs so don't miss salt. Salt doesn't add any real taste to your food anyway.

Good pizza can be a health food. The crap sold in Papa John's, Pizza Hut and others is just chemicals without any real taste other than salt and grease. The pizza we make is absolutely wonderful.

My youngest sister died about a week ago. She was fat, 3 heart attacks, diabetic, smoked 3 pks a day but preached mormon crap at me because I drink alcohol and coffee. She had breast cancer, had a breast removed and still smoked and ate meat. How's that for stupid?

Really sad to see people dig their graves with a fork, smoke cigarettes, pound on a bible/book of mormon and call it living.

The other thing was that she adored her grand daughter and yet smoked around her. She cut her own life short, left that grand daughter 15 years before she had to.

She had choices and she made them.

I used to be able to eat a whole pizza. 6 slices was probably the norm. Now I'd max out at 3. But I cant remember the last time I had pizza. At least a year ago

When I eat pizza these days, and it isn't very often, I'll still eat a half of a large pie easily. I make myself stop at half.

I do a Lean Cuisine frozen pizza when I have that pizza craving. Hits the spot. But then, my appetite is used to me...:lol:

I'm sorry, that's not pizza.

Today for example. Despite the fact that I had a small cup of oatmeal for breakfast, and a salad for lunch, it's my wife's birthday. After I got off work, we went to Hash House A Go Go to celebrate. I ate one of their giant hamburgers (one pound of ground beef), plus a couple of my wife's giant prawns that she couldn't finish and a piece of fried chicken from my daughter's chicken and waffles. It was two large pieces of fried chicken on three bavarian waffles. No way that child is going to eat all that.

The burger was excellent, so was the prawns, and the chicken! I could not resist.

Just not hungry, esmeralda. I get my vitamins from Ensure..which I drink with my breakfast. I snack sometimes...maybe half an apple or half a banana...sometimes I have a salad instead of dinner. Nothing tastes good. And I just can't get myself to eat. Except breakfast. I LOVE breakfast!

Just saw this -

Gracie, the diet you describe is basically processed sugars. Ensure is basically a vitamin lacks many necessary vits and sugar and your body wasn't made for that.

As I remember, you also said you smoke ... At your age, you're at high risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes - the whole schmeer. And, doesn't sound like much fun either.

I guess I just really like good food too much to give it up for the Great American Fat and Grease Diet Prefan just described or for something like Ensure.

Already went the cancer route, Luddly. Just had lab work done and no sign of diabetes, cholesterol is fine, everything looks good except my thyroid is still messed up. Yes I smoke. Some day I will quit. Just not right now. I think I have tried 6 times over the years and I learned that until I am ready myself to quit..I won't be able to. And I am not ready.

Please save the lectures on the smoking. I know what I am doing is bad for me.

Already went the cancer route, Luddly. Just had lab work done and no sign of diabetes, cholesterol is fine, everything looks good except my thyroid is still messed up. Yes I smoke. Some day I will quit. Just not right now. I think I have tried 6 times over the years and I learned that until I am ready myself to quit..I won't be able to. And I am not ready.

I didn't lecture.

You brought it up. You asked about eating habits.

You should have listed the things that were off limits.

(Tell your endocrinologist about your diet.)

ewww. I hate watermelon. And cantelope. But I could eat a whole pineapple. I think . I would at least try. And mangos. And nanners. Strawberries.

I didn't realize that there was actually people in the world that didn't like watermelon until just the other week.
It was sweltering hot and I went to the grocery store and bought some chilled watermelon to share with my co-workers. Most of them appreciated it, but a few told me that they disliked watermelon.

I didn't lecture.

You brought it up. You asked about eating habits.

You should have listed the things that were off limits.

(Tell your endocrinologist about your diet.)

That is not what I meant. In general, I don't want a lecture about smoking. And this thread is mostly just to see how others eat.

i am not a big eater

but sometimes i binge

then I stop

gotta keep a slender body

God I love watermelon. A deity must exist.

Take a watermelon, sans seeds. Put it in a blender with a cup or two of sugar, until it's smooth. Freeze it. Sherbet. Delicious.

I eat until my skinny jeans feel snug. Then I diet until they feel right. Then I start all over again.

I one time ate an entire Pizza Hut extra-large Pan Pizza by my self. Pizza is definitely my Kryptonite. I could probably eat an extra large regular crust pizza by myself still.

Chicken wings are another thing I can eat a lot of. I have been known to polish off 30 hot wings while also drinking beer. Last Thursday, I was coming home from a batch lie party for my nephew and had the munchies real bad. Even though I had eaten dinner that evening, I stopped at Taco Bell and gotten their Dozen Tacos To Go special, ate all of them on the way home.

I'm not proud of it, even though this seems like bragging. I just love food too much. Taco Bell tacos! Yum.
I've done the same. The Pizza Hut pan pizza is hard to pass up. If it's a Meat Lover's pan pizza, I can eat an extra large pie easily in one sitting. Problem with me is that I need to consume thousands of calories daily to maintain my weight. I have an extremely high metabolism, and my day pretty much revolves around my eating schedule.

well with big eating you should know that its not like an everyday thing...... because if you eat big everyday then you get fat and unattractive .....you have to eat sensible most of the time ...and now and then binge YAYYYYYYYY LOL ....but after you have to go back to your diet

well with big eating you should know that its not like an everyday thing...... because if you eat big everyday then you get fat and unattractive .....you have to eat sensible most of the time ...and now and then binge YAYYYYYYYY LOL ....but after you have to go back to your diet

That is true. What I like to do is walk by bakeries early in the morning and just sniff. I imagine I am eating the breads and pastries (almond croissant is my favorite) being baked. That way I do not gain weight but feel like I had a feast.

That is true. What I like to do is walk by bakeries early in the morning and just sniff. I imagine I am eating the breads and pastries (almond croissant is my favorite) being baked. That way I do not gain weight but feel like I had a feast.

When I lived in Denmark that's exactly whay I used to do...omg they have all these delicious pattiserie......

but many times I went inside and bought the darn cakes ....hahahhahaa.... nothing like old fashioned European cakes. :eusa_clap: God bless their hands.

Forum List

Back