Are you a big eater?

Oh, a nice slice of cheddar cheese is great to nibble on for a snack! I don't do well with nuts...too hard to digest...but a small half slice of deli thin turkey wrapped around that cheese once in awhile is yummy. I also eat eggs every day. Sometimes just one for breakfast..sometimes two if I eat them scrambled. And I always have my bacon with it, too. Breakfast is awesome!

Do you eat a lot? Or like huge meals? Snack often?

I used to have a pretty good appetite until I turned 60. Now I eat like a 3 year old. Usually 1 good meal a day (breakfast) and not much else. Hubby thinks I am starving myself. I'm not. Just not hungry much any more and not much fills me up.

So..I just wondered if others got that way.

I eat a LOT! I'm trying not to do so much nowadays but I go into eating binges whenever there's a buffet. I was at a catered affair last Saturday and I pigged out.

I've never seen anyone who could eat as much as I do. There are stretch receptors in your stomach that when stretched to a certain point, they send a signal to your brain that reduces your appetite. I think mine is broken. I just LOVE food. I live the taste, the texture, and the smell of it all! I don't know how in the world I don't weigh 500 pounds.

I one time ate an entire Pizza Hut extra-large Pan Pizza by my self. Pizza is definitely my Kryptonite. I could probably eat an extra large regular crust pizza by myself still.

Chicken wings are another thing I can eat a lot of. I have been known to polish off 30 hot wings while also drinking beer. Last Thursday, I was coming home from a batch lie party for my nephew and had the munchies real bad. Even though I had eaten dinner that evening, I stopped at Taco Bell and gotten their Dozen Tacos To Go special, ate all of them on the way home.

I'm not proud of it, even though this seems like bragging. I just love food too much. Taco Bell tacos! Yum.

Not since the horrible episode of the 'egg foo roach' dinner.........

Oh, wait - that was 'BIG' eater, with an 'I' ............................ never-mind.....

I one time ate an entire Pizza Hut extra-large Pan Pizza by my self. Pizza is definitely my Kryptonite. I could probably eat an extra large regular crust pizza by myself still.

Chicken wings are another thing I can eat a lot of. I have been known to polish off 30 hot wings while also drinking beer. Last Thursday, I was coming home from a batch lie party for my nephew and had the munchies real bad. Even though I had eaten dinner that evening, I stopped at Taco Bell and gotten their Dozen Tacos To Go special, ate all of them on the way home.

I'm not proud of it, even though this seems like bragging. I just love food too much. Taco Bell tacos! Yum.

I read that pizza is the most unhealthful of all the fast foods. A heart attack/stroke waiting to happen. :(

Bacon and eggs is cancer and heart attacks too. I look at it this way...if I stop eating the foods I do like, small portions though they may be...and I live an extremely healthy lifestyle....then walk across a busy street and get smashed...look at all the good stuff I missed out on! ;)

You could eat bacon and eggs less often. Food like that everyday doesn't make me feel good. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables makes me feel better. I rarely eat pork or beef. I rarely eat white bread and have even developed a preference for whole wheat pasta over white. I only buy and cook brown rice, though, if I go to a Chinese restaurant or Asian restaurant, I'll eat white rice. I have not kept in my home or used salt as a seasoning or in cooking for over 25 years. I am used to food without salt and find it unpleasant when I have food that has salt on it.

The point is, you can develop a liking for food that is good for you. You don't have to give up the food you like, just eat it less often and eat things that are good for you more often. But, it's your life. You did mention being depressed. Do you realize that diet and exercise can have a huge effect on depression?

I often have cottage cheese and pasta as a breakfast if I've got a busy day. No-fat cottage cheese about half and half with whole wheat or fiber pasta, a little bit of 'sprinkle cheese' (parmesan) for extra flavor....

I used to have a pretty good appetite until I turned 60. Now I eat like a 3 year old. Usually 1 good meal a day (breakfast) and not much else. Hubby thinks I am starving myself. I'm not. Just not hungry much any more and not much fills me up.Do

I eat a pretty fair amount. 3full meals plus a lot of snacking in between

I used to be able to eat a whole pizza. 6 slices was probably the norm. Now I'd max out at 3. But I cant remember the last time I had pizza. At least a year ago

cottage cheese and small seashell noodles . Fry onions and garlic in oil or butter then add that along with cottage cheese to the hot cooked sea shell noodles .

I used to have a pretty good appetite until I turned 60. Now I eat like a 3 year old. Usually 1 good meal a day (breakfast) and not much else. Hubby thinks I am starving myself. I'm not. Just not hungry much any more and not much fills me up.

Twice a day, small portions. European style. :) I asked a doctor one time if only consuming 1200 calories a day would be harmful for me in any way, and he shrugged his shoulders and said, that's my wife's limit and she feels great and looks great.

:thup:

I read that pizza is the most unhealthful of all the fast foods. A heart attack/stroke waiting to happen. :(

Considering that everything that tastes good is bad for you, I'd say pizza has to be the worst! I don't think there was ever a diet that had pizza on it as one of the foods you can eat.

I used to be able to eat a whole pizza. 6 slices was probably the norm. Now I'd max out at 3. But I cant remember the last time I had pizza. At least a year ago

When I eat pizza these days, and it isn't very often, I'll still eat a half of a large pie easily. I make myself stop at half.

When I eat pizza these days, and it isn't very often, I'll still eat a half of a large pie easily. I make myself stop at half.

I do a Lean Cuisine frozen pizza when I have that pizza craving. Hits the spot. But then, my appetite is used to me...:lol:

I like making my own pizza when the craving hits. Thankfully, those cravings are few and far between now.

I used to eat enormous amounts of food. Thanks to a high metabolism it wasn't uncommon for me to knock back a 12 oz rib-eye steak (or half a chicken), baked potato, large salad and some other side dish like half a head of broccoli for both lunch and dinner. Breakfast could have been 4 eggs, 8 strips of bacon (or a large pork chop, or a third pound of sausage), and two fruits such as a whole grapefruit and a banana.

Even eating like that, I had a 28 inch waist until I passed 40 years in age. In my early 40's, my metabolism slowed down and fortunately for me, so did my appetite. These days, I'll have a little fruit or yogurt for breakfast, a moderately sized lunch and no dinner. I'll snack on some cheese and crackers or fruit at night.

I simply don't each as much as I did when I was younger. If I'm someplace like Las Vegas I'll gorge at the Bellagio or Rio buffet for a night, then not eat for the next 20 hours. So now, into my 50's, my waist is 30 inches. If the day comes that my waistline exceeds my inseam it's going to be a hard day for me.

Once upon a time I used to sock down half a package of bacon. LOVE bacon. Not any more. Now I have two pieces..cut in half. And it has to be oscar meyer center cut...thin. Which amounts to one slice if you think about it.

Forum List

Back