Are there stars in outer space?

bruzz

marauder
Jun 22, 2010
communing with nature
I just finished watching a Eric Dollard youtube video titled the Sun is cold and electric where he states you can't see the sun in free space and there are no stars, until you view them through the atmosphere or matter. I believe i remember the Apollo 11 photos not containing stars, so that would seem to confirm his theory as the moon contains very little if any atmosphere.

I just finished watching a Eric Dollard youtube video titled the Sun is cold and electric where he states you can't see the sun in free space and there are no stars, until you view them through the atmosphere or matter. I believe i remember the Apollo 11 photos not containing stars, so that would seem to confirm his theory as the moon contains very little if any atmosphere.

If it takes viewing stars through atmosphere to make them visible, then can you explain why the Hubble Space Telescope works?

It's in orbit far away from any atmosphere, and it has yielded some of the best pictures of stars that we have.

If it takes viewing stars through atmosphere to make them visible, then can you explain why the Hubble Space Telescope works?

It's in orbit far away from any atmosphere, and it has yielded some of the best pictures of stars that we have.

lol

I believe i remember the Apollo 11 photos not containing stars,

It's just basic photography. Those old Apollo photos used very fast exposure times, because the lunar foreground was lit up even more brilliantly than a sunny day on earth. The stars are very dim in comparison, so they don't show on a fast exposure.

Okay, I would say the reponses would favor that stars do exist, lol. It would suck to find a suitable planet to inhabit, then get to outer space and not have it be there. Now all we have to do is somehow get there.

No, there are no stars. They are really bright theatre lights....

I never noticed stars much until I was 4 years old, and my Grandpa pointed them out to me. I was fascinated. I loved the stars ever since that magic moment a lifetime ago.

I was only 2-1/2 but I vividly remember standing in front of the house with my parents and a bunch of people looking up at the night sky and hearing them talk about the Rooskies and the Sputnik.

No, there are no stars. They are really bright theatre lights....

I never noticed stars much until I was 4 years old, and my Grandpa pointed them out to me. I was fascinated. I loved the stars ever since that magic moment a lifetime ago.

I was only 2-1/2 but I vividly remember standing in front of the house with my parents and a bunch of people looking up at the night sky and hearing them talk about the Rooskies and the Sputnik.

I watched Sputnik with my binoculars.......damn I'm old:eek:

(counts to ten...)

We see the Sun because it's emitting or reflecting light, not because it's also hot. We 'see' extrasolar planets because of this same process, not because they're hot.

As to why space photos don't show stars, they do. You don't see them for the same reason we can't see them during the daytime on Earth - light is washing them out from view just as in those pictures light from the camera's flash washed out what the astronauts themselves could see.

Forum List

Back