What Is Space Actually On?

All the fossil record shows is that there were creatures with some similarities to creatures today, which is understandable.
It also shows when and where they lived. It also shows the progression of evolution, with no fossil out of order.

So no, you couldn't be more wrong about what it shows.

What is an 'extra physical creation'?
It's what you call intelligent design.

The alternative to intelligent design is random design, and biological evolution though physical means, where the statistical distributions are Gaussian because of the law of large numbers.

For example - most biomolecules are left handed. Why is that? There's no particular reason for it - except - once a choice is made the other molecules should get on board. What we see with primitive life forms is there's no logic to the order in which things happen, rarely do we see a well engineered system. To borrow an analogy from computer programming, life is NOT neatly layered and modular, instead it's what the programmers call "spaghetti code", there's lots of assembly language tricks that are forbidden and won't work at all in higher level structured programming languages. I can provide plenty of examples. The sequestration of glutamate in the brain is a great example.

Life is clever, there"s only one set of rules it has to obey which are the underlying physical symmetries, and beyond that it's free to violate the normal engineering constraints.

It's what you call intelligent design.

The alternative to intelligent design is random design, and biological evolution though physical means, where the statistical distributions are Gaussian because of the law of large numbers.

For example - most biomolecules are left handed. Why is that? There's no particular reason for it - except - once a choice is made the other molecules should get on board. What we see with primitive life forms is there's no logic to the order in which things happen, rarely do we see a well engineered system. To borrow an analogy from computer programming, life is NOT neatly layered and modular, instead it's what the programmers call "spaghetti code", there's lots of assembly language tricks that are forbidden and won't work at all in higher level structured programming languages. I can provide plenty of examples. The sequestration of glutamate in the brain is a great example.

Life is clever, there"s only one set of rules it has to obey which are the underlying physical symmetries, and beyond that it's free to violate the normal engineering constraints.
The ToE sounds more and more like "V'ger" from Star Trek, The Motion Picture, forever adding disparate junk to itself, finally becoming a massive incomprehensible monstrosity.

The ToE sounds more and more like "V'ger" from Star Trek, The Motion Picture, forever adding disparate junk to itself, finally becoming a massive incomprehensible monstrosity.
How would you know? You don't know anything about evolution.

And I don't have a lifetime to chase an ever-changing theory around bushes and down rabbit holes.
The fundamental Theory of Evolution can be stated in one, simple sentence.

Yes, nearly every educated adult on the planet understands it. If you don't have the time or the will to educate yourself about it, then you shouldn't even be commenting on it.

I don't know anything about 14th century Gaelic poetry. As such, you won't catch me commenting on it or pretending to know anything about it. And you especially would not catch me trying to say the experts are all wrong.

Because that would REALLY make me look immature and ridiculous.

Reminds me of staring at the night sky and wondering what's the cosmic canvas made of. It's like, what's holding up the stage for this universal play? The vacuum's got to be on something, right? Maybe it's like a backdrop for the celestial drama.

It's not incomprehensible, it's just complex.

For example - we are now learning how navigation works in the brain. You can think about this in computer terms, to see how complex it is. You have 5 senses, and the sensors are all in different places at different angles. The idea is to reconstruct a single 3-dimensional "perception" from that, and then be able to navigate that map.

In robotics, this would involve overlaying 5 terrain maps using "best fit" anchors, and then identifying "objects" within those maps, and the being able to navigate to, from, or around those objects. The simple question of "what is an object" isn't simple at all, the separation of figure from ground requires memory.

Keep in mind, that the building blocks in the brain are very simple. A nerve cell is basically a threshold device that signals amplitude using a frequency code. Almost all of the complexity we see in the brain is due to population behavior, rather than incredibly smart neurons. So rather than reconstructing and overlaying 3-d maps, this is how the brain does it: PHASE coding. Phase coding extracts the covariances without requiring precise topographic alignment.

What happens in the information matrix (the synapses) is that covarying signals are reinforced. The covariant pathways are learned by themselves, automatically, as a result of repeated covariance of stimulus sets. The system is self organizing, it doesn't require a teacher. All it requires is a little real world experience.

The same exact method is in play in the learning of language. You've heard the expression "babies babble" - well, that occurs so the motor system can align itself with the auditory system, which is the only way the child will ever learn to create "desired" speech. In human development, object identification precedes language development, which is very logical since words describe objects.

OBJECTS are simply features that covary. The video moves together with the audio, that kind of thing.

If you'd like to know how this really works google "phase coding in the hippocampus", and if you feel like you understand it, Google on "kuramoto model".

Forum List

Back