What Is Space Actually On?

But would such 'selections' ever prove successful in nature?

View attachment 866650

"Successful" ?

How would you define that?

In terms of longevity?

Or population numbers?

Continuing with the chupacabras example, in real life it's some kind of mutant hyena or coyote or something. One probably wouldn't say it's "successful" in evolutionary terms, but it has a NICHE. It's able to survive and reproduce.

If the conditions of the niche change, maybe it survives a little more, or a little less. The point being, that evolutionary success is as much a product of the environment as it is a design in DNA.

The game of Life shows us how niches interact. Foxes, chickens, and corn. With three variables the game makes sense, with ten variables it gets confusing and you have to do math.

That was the fella who commanded us to peacemaking ... Our Lord Jesus Christ ... why do you monger war with folks who don't want war? ... that's not very Christian of you, don't you think? ...

The Earth is only flat locally ... see Manifold Theory ...

Gap Theory is make believe, and is not endorsed by anything in the Bible ... the Bible says the next day ... just adding your own shit to your religion doesn't make you right ... makes you evil ... putting yourself above God ... that violates the 1st Commandment buck-o ...
That's what I tried to tell him too, in so many words. Denying God's handiwork is kind of like slapping God in the face, isn't it?

We DISCOVER things about God, just like we DISCOVER things about science. Settled religion is kind of like settled science, mostly it doesn't exist. If you're on a spiritual path you're into discovery, and hopefully trying to refrain from being arrogant about your beliefs - because, TWENTY orders of magnitude, is incomprehensible. By you, by me, by anyone within our lifetimes.

You can figure out what 20 orders is. If you take the size of an atom, measured in Angstroms, that's about ten orders, relative to a yardstick. Then to get the next ten, put 10 billion yardsticks end to end. Here to the sun, kinda thing. Staggering complexity.

That's what I tried to tell him too, in so many words. Denying God's handiwork is kind of like slapping God in the face, isn't it?

We DISCOVER things about God, just like we DISCOVER things about science. Settled religion is kind of like settled science, mostly it doesn't exist. If you're on a spiritual path you're into discovery, and hopefully trying to refrain from being arrogant about your beliefs - because, TWENTY orders of magnitude, is incomprehensible. By you, by me, by anyone within our lifetimes.

You can figure out what 20 orders is. If you take the size of an atom, measured in Angstroms, that's about ten orders, relative to a yardstick. Then to get the next ten, put 10 billion yardsticks end to end. Here to the sun, kinda thing. Staggering complexity.
It's the 'staggering complexity' of evolution that's the problem.

Science is science ... not religion, and not philosophy ... disputing science over the internet seems hypocritical ...

There's 6 x 10^23 molecules of air in a five gallon bucket ... makes the number of five gallon buckets of air in the whole atmosphere seem trivial ...

It's the 'staggering complexity' of evolution that's the problem.
One of the beautiful things about evolution is how small changes accumulate over time and produce something like an eyeball from a more simple, light-collecting structure.

The fact that it fully explains the complexity and diversity we observe is the most amazing thing about the theory.

This is not the only Universe. There are multiple universes, they are all connected by way of various worm holes. Kind of like a cluster of grapes. These multiple Universes are all inter- connected. We just don't have the equipment , or technology to view all these interconnected Universes, at this time.
You watch too many Marvel movies

That was the fella who commanded us to peacemaking ... Our Lord Jesus Christ ... why do you monger war with folks who don't want war? ... that's not very Christian of you, don't you think? ..
Jesus came to create division.
The Earth is only flat locally .
That's what I said.
Gap Theory is make believe, and is not endorsed by anything in the Bible ... the Bible says the next day ... just adding your own shit to your religion doesn't make you right ... makes you evil ... putting yourself above God ... that violates the 1st Commandment buck-o ...
Gap theory is supported by the physical evidence, the bible narrative, and the proper translation of the operative words.

Last edited:
Given the reality of quantum entanglement, the OP asks a very good question, "what connects us?"

It's not that complex ... it's just chemistry ... if you want complexity, try weather forecasting ... or quantum mechanics ...

That's absurd.

That's just 52 variables, not the thousands involved in assembling the first cell

God puts all that to rest by simply telling us that he created us kinda sorta like himself, "fearfully and wonderfully", then moved on to the really important things. He does inflict unbelievers with "strong delusion" however. :omg:

Jesus came to create division.

That's the message of the anti-Christ ... only Satan wants us divided from our brethren ... "divide and conquer" ...

No evidence of any kind of Gap Theory ... not in the Bible, not in the ground, not anywhere but your evil imaginations ... go ahead and post this in the Religion forum, see how eaten up you get ... you're using "science" to cover your own inequities ...

That's the message of the anti-Christ ... only Satan wants us divided from our brethren ... "divide and conquer" ...
Matthew 10, Words of Jesus.

34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

This happens throughout the church to this day.
No evidence of any kind of Gap Theory ... not in the Bible, not in the ground, not anywhere but your evil imaginations ... go ahead and post this in the Religion forum, see how eaten up you get ... you're using "science" to cover your own inequities ...
Lots of evidence if you look for it (the evidence of an ancient earth is 'in the ground').

Last edited:
Duplicate? Has this occurred in nature?

Wasn't this attempted resulting in complete failure?

Well ... yes ... where did you think Mendel did his experiments ... on the space shuttle? ...

Well ... no ... fruit flies still exist ... still breeding ... still evolving, right there in our jars ... maybe yours failed because you didn't feed them ... it happens, try again ...

Forum List

Back