Zone1 Are religions, our tribes within tribes, now redundant and a costly moral and financial burden.

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
Are religions, our tribes within tribes, now redundant and a costly moral and financial burden.

Governments create laws for us, and some think some Gods do as well. Most countries are following their secular government laws while ignoring religious laws.

I think religions, our tribes within tribes, are now redundant, and a costly moral and financial burden. Like it or not, the state is now our real Gods. We follow state laws.

I like that, given that secular law is rather more moral than the laws of the supernatural Gods.

Those Gods like and use all kinds of evils against their powerless creations. They kill us with frivolous cause when they can just as easily cure, --- when they are not asking us to hate our LGBTQ children, --- and devalue the souls of women, --- just for the hell of it.

Nice that most states do not allow that evil to go too far within its borders. Governments should raise the bar of goodness for religions though. They are getting way too loony in the far Qanon riddled right wing.

Religions promote that we trust our governments as they are there by the will of God.

Religions then proceed to preach for laws that are well below the standards of good governance and what the states have put into place.

The states that allow this are not doing their duty of having the secular law preached by those tax exempt professional con men and liars who run the religion.

If religions are so corrupt to not recognize the better state ideology and law, they should not be allowed to preach it’s evil and inferior theology and laws.

Our children deserve better than what our God religions are giving them.

We pay them many hundreds of dollars yearly.

I am a religious person. My God is as real as all other Gods. He is redundant. That is why Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers for a better set of laws and rules to live by.

I think all the other Gods are redundant, regardless of the vast amount of good they gave us in the past.

I think they have become harmful to our Western societies.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

Poorly composed argument - try again.

SL.meme.Willie_Wonka - critical_thinking.png

Are religions, our tribes within tribes, now redundant and a costly moral and financial burden.

Governments create laws for us, and some think some Gods do as well. Most countries are following their secular government laws while ignoring religious laws.

I think religions, our tribes within tribes, are now redundant, and a costly moral and financial burden. Like it or not, the state is now our real Gods. We follow state laws.

I like that, given that secular law is rather more moral than the laws of the supernatural Gods.

Those Gods like and use all kinds of evils against their powerless creations. They kill us with frivolous cause when they can just as easily cure, --- when they are not asking us to hate our LGBTQ children, --- and devalue the souls of women, --- just for the hell of it.

Nice that most states do not allow that evil to go too far within its borders. Governments should raise the bar of goodness for religions though. They are getting way too loony in the far Qanon riddled right wing.

Religions promote that we trust our governments as they are there by the will of God.

Religions then proceed to preach for laws that are well below the standards of good governance and what the states have put into place.

The states that allow this are not doing their duty of having the secular law preached by those tax exempt professional con men and liars who run the religion.

If religions are so corrupt to not recognize the better state ideology and law, they should not be allowed to preach it’s evil and inferior theology and laws.

I am a religious person. My God is as real as all other Gods. He is redundant. That is why Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers for a better set of laws and rules to live by.

I think all the other Gods are redundant, regardless of the vast amount of good they gave us in the past.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL
Which religions have become harmful to our Western societies? We have a separation of church and state that is not available in many other countries and there are churches that do not trust the government. That's why they keep pushing for religion in state law. Can you please explain what it is that makes "the Gods" redundant?

Which religions have become harmful to our Western societies? We have a separation of church and state that is not available in many other countries and there are churches that do not trust the government. That's why they keep pushing for religion in state law. Can you please explain what it is that makes "the Gods" redundant?
I thought the O.P. made that clear.

Religious laws are garbage compared to secular laws and those are God's laws.

Laws that cannot and would not be enforced by moral people are redundant.

Laws that ask us to discriminate without a just cause, --- the way homophobic and misogynous religions do, --- is also harmful.

Regards
DL

I thought the O.P. made that clear.

Religious laws are garbage compared to secular laws and those are God's laws.

Laws that cannot and would not be enforced by moral people are redundant.

Laws that ask us to discriminate without a just cause, --- the way homophobic and misogynous religions do, --- is also harmful.

Regards
DL
Actually, it was poorly written but I was looking for something that had potential. I realize that I was in error. Have a great night.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL

The highest and best 'law' is that imparted through the Holy Spirit of God (of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob) to Christians, that are led by that spirit.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

Regards

DL
all religions are hogwash...trust in god instead and never forget that you ARE God

The highest and best 'law' is that imparted through the Holy Spirit of God (of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob) to Christians, that are led by that spirit.
Yes.

They particularly like the homophobia and misogyny.

Bastards. Right?

Regards
DL

never forget that you ARE God

That’s what I think too. “God” is a brand name that started like all other brands. You take a part of human nature and you exploit it. I believe we have a survival mechanism that creates standards and high ideals within in our mind. If we didn’t have this “spirit” or this “God” then we would eat all the time, have sex constantly, stay drunk, and never do a darn thing. Just like cigarette companies prey on humans for having a mechanism that instills habits, religions have preyed upon humans for the mechanism that motivates us to do the uncomfortable things needed for long term survival. We are God. Just not everybody knows that. Because God is so great and we are so weak it is easy to assume this force is external. The Bible nails this concept right on the head. “The flesh is weak but the spirit is willing.” There is not one god. There are over 7 billion gods. Do you ever notice how everybody defines God differently even people within the same religious sect? I think there is another Bible verse that will back up this philosophy. I will put it in the next message.

John 10:34-36

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Thoughts?

Regards

DL
God's laws are harsh, but effective.
Man's laws are lenient, and ineffective.

God's laws are harsh, but effective.
Man's laws are lenient, and ineffective.
Yep, effective at creating homophobes and misogynous ass holes.

I guess that you have failed to see that your God's barbaric laws have been replaced with more of an eye for an eye that the bible likes.

Stop hating your gay child. God created him or her that way.

Regards
DL

Yep, effective at creating homophobes and misogynous ass holes.
Love the sinner, hate the sin.
I guess that you have failed to see that your God's barbaric laws have been replaced with more of an eye for an eye that the bible likes.
Eye for eye only applies in special cases.
Stop hating your gay child. God created him or her that way.
I have a gay nephew. I love him anyway. Hopefully he will be whole when he's resurrected.

Forum List

Back