Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

I am complicated.

I am a Gnostic Christian, and in that sense, I am religious, but religious to me just means tribal.

I am a naturalist and that means that the closest thing I will find to a god is me.

Let me see if you can understand why my God is, I am, and yes, I mean me.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.
Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli - YouTube

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.
On Becoming an Adult - YouTube

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL
I can't decide whether you are brilliant beyond my comprehension or batshit crazy. I tend to think the later . A smart person would be reading the science instead of the bible . Hey, did you hear about that guy to shoved a woman in front of a subway train in New York? He said he was GOD.

I suppose that you could be both brilliant and crazy. They are the worst

Last edited:
These people just dumb it down to all or nothing and have no clue about the complexity of genetics
Is there a I like chocolate malt instead of vanilla malt gene?

For the vast majority of homosexuals it's a preference. Preferences can change. I have seen it happen.

I think that's naive to believe that. It seems you don't care much about the welfare of children after all.
Let me tell you something! I worked in child welfare for 32 years . I know a few things about kids and families.

I have read the literature. I am sure you have not. Maybe you would like to take a shot at explaining how it harms kids. Do you think a child is better off languishing in foster care, or in an abusive home, or be adopted by a gay couple and have a stable home with two legal parents?

Let me tell you something! I worked in child welfare for 32 years . I know a few things about kids and families.

I have read the literature. I am sure you have not. Maybe you would like to take a shot at explaining how it harms kids. Do you think a child is better off languishing in foster care, or in an abusive home, or be adopted by a gay couple and have a stable home with two legal parents?
Do I need to read the literature to know it's natural for male / female unions to have children and unnatural for homosexual unions to have children? Do I need to read literature to understand that the best case scenario for a child is to have a male and a female role model he is raised by?

The argument of foster care vs being taken in by a gay family member is an argument of exceptions which does not apply to the rule. Yes, by all means put an orphaned child in a blood relative's home regardless of sexual preference. But that doesn't negate that the best interest of a child is to have a male and a female role model who he is raised by. You being in child welfare should know that better than anyone.

But no, as a rule I wouldn't allow adoptions by gay couples. I don't believe it is in the best interest of the child. Would there be an exception to the rule? Probably but on a case by case basis.

Not taking sides, but you ought to know that there is no cookie cutter version of what makes a family healthy.
As long as bad players exist in any number of situations ... People are always going to use the worst example or best example to make their point.

Arguing about is like arguing the behavior of Saints versus the behavior of Demons.
You just have the ability to understand sexual preference may not be the determining factor.

Try reading the article you posted before you make yourself look more stupid ... :thup:
They didn't say it was a mental issue and they did say it could be influenced by genetics.

I am just making fun you because you posted an article that says you are incorrect and are too stupid to figure that out.

It's a mental issue.

Do I need to read the literature to know it's natural for male / female unions to have children and unnatural for homosexual unions to have children? Do I need to read literature to understand that the best case scenario for a child is to have a male and a female role model he is raised by?
Yes you do. But you first have to find it. There is no credible evidence that children do less well with same sex parents. There is a lot of bogus shit out there and I know it all, so don't even try it. Parents are not the only source of role models for kids and gender roles are far less important than they used to be.

And it is not about having children. gay and straight couple both have children come into their care by a variety of means. The issue is parenting and gay couples make very good parents

The argument of foster care vs being taken in by a gay family member is an argument of exceptions which does not apply to the rule. Yes, by all means put an orphaned child in a blood relative's home regardless of sexual preference. But that doesn't negate that the best interest of a child is to have a male and a female role model who he is raised by. You being in child welfare should know that better than anyone.
It is all about the best interest of the child and I do know it better than anyone. You do not know what you're talking about. Why do you approve of placing a child with relatives who are gay but not others . That makes no damned sense

But no, as a rule I wouldn't allow adoptions by gay couples. I don't believe it is in the best interest of the child. Would there be an exception to the rule? Probably but on a case by case basis.
Well you are out of luck. Every state in the country allows gays to adopt. Many thousands have been adopted by gay couples. It is just a fact of life. It is normal. Deal with it.

Yes you do. But you first have to find it. There is no credible evidence that children do less well with same sex parents. There is a lot of bogus shit out there and I know it all, so don't even try it. Parents are not the only source of role models for kids and gender roles are far less important than they used to be.

And it is not about having children. gay and straight couple both have children come into their care by a variety of means. The issue is parenting and gay couples make very good parents
Actually I don't it is self evident that it's natural for male / female unions to have children and that the best case scenario for a child is to have a male and a female role model he is raised by. Anyone who claims to have worked in child welfare should know that.

Yes, parents are not the only role models for children. Parents are the most important role model for children.

Blurring the lines of gender was the worst thing that has happened to women. It is the root cause of increased teenage pregnancies, increased single parent moms, increased violence against women and increased objectification of women as sex objects.

Yes, gay and straight couple both have children come into their care by a variety of means. The issue isn't if gay couples could make very good parents. The issue is the whether it should be the rule or the exception. I believe it is selfish of gay couples to do that to children.

It is all about the best interest of the child and I do know it better than anyone. You do not know what you're talking about. Why do you approve of placing a child with relatives who are gay but not others . That makes no damned sense
Because it's the exception. You want to make it the rule. Again... the best case scenario is for a child to have a male and female role model in the household.

Forum List

Back