Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

Given the world population, I honestly don't believe that heterosexuality has to be encouraged. It might help if homosexuality was encouraged.
The population numbers are fine according to demographers.

You can try to encourage sexual preference all you like, but if research is correct, you will fail just as Christianity and other religions have failed.
It is in our DNA and only altering our DNA can change our sexual preferences, I think.

IDK if they have identified the gay gene.
If they ever do, I wonder if parents will get their yet to be born zygote's zippered to repair the DNA.

Regards
DL

So, you're not religious. but seem to have some belief in god. You do not hate gays but they homosexuality is a mental disorder that needs curing which to me qualifies you as an ignorant bigot. Yet at the same time do not think that gayness should be treated differently that other illnesses. You are an odd one.
I am complicated.

I am a Gnostic Christian, and in that sense, I am religious, but religious to me just means tribal.

I am a naturalist and that means that the closest thing I will find to a god is me.

Let me see if you can understand why my God is, I am, and yes, I mean me.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.
Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli - YouTube

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.
On Becoming an Adult - YouTube

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

The population numbers are fine according to demographers.

You can try to encourage sexual preference all you like, but if research is correct, you will fail just as Christianity and other religions have failed.
It is in our DNA and only altering our DNA can change our sexual preferences, I think.

IDK if they have identified the gay gene.
If they ever do, I wonder if parents will get their yet to be born zygote's zippered to repair the DNA.

Regards
DL
Maybe you should do some reading on the subject instead of wildly speculating. You might sound smarter and be taken seriously

Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

I think the answer is is quite important as it would show us the cause/source of homosexuality.

If God, as believers think, then why is God creating gays?

Regards
DL
There's no homosexual gene, so, it's a mental issue.

homosexuality is a mental disorder that needs curing which to me qualifies you as an ignorant bigot.
I think I said it was a condition, but disorder does not offend even as I would not use it.

I am being as honest as possible.

Tell me, if you were having a child and knew it would be born gay, and a DNA repair via the new zipper technology could make it heterosexual, would you apply it?

I think most of us would, even those like me who do not discriminate without a just cause.

Regards
DL

Maybe you should do some reading on the subject instead of wildly speculating. You might sound smarter and be taken seriously
I do not wildly speculate and am going by the stats.

I guess our conversation is over, given your two last posts, and you running away from my simple question.

Regards
DL

1284121.jpg

Gene.

Thank you for that brilliant dissertation on the complexity of human sexuality. You must have numerous advanced degrees from the finest institutions of higher learning in field as diverse as biology, psychiatry, sociology , and early childhood development. Please share more pearls of wisdom and continue to raise the bar on the level of intellectual discourse on the USMB. We are eager to learn more from you . God Bless

Thank you for that brilliant dissertation on the complexity of human sexuality. You must have numerous advanced degrees from the finest institutions of higher learning in field as diverse as biology, psychiatry, sociology , and early childhood development. Please share more pearls of wisdom and continue to raise the bar on the level of intellectual discourse on the USMB. We are eager to learn more from you . God Bless
No. Scientists confirmed that there's no DNA gene for homosexuality. No need to bless anyone.

Again, it's a mental issue.

Your article confirms exactly what I stated about there being no heterosexual gene ... It doesn't even support your idea it is a mental condition.

In fact ... It does suggest that any correlation between sexual desire and genetics could be supported by the fact that genes
do influence behavior and that combinations of genes can influence desire.

Then the study goes on to acknowledge the lead research was ready to ditch the idea of looking any further into genetics as an issue
because it wouldn't lead to anything conclusive and would require an unknown number of combinations possible.

"perhaps most importantly there is no single gay gene but rather the contribution of many small genetic effects scattered across the genome,” Neale said."

Try reading the articles you post ... :thup:

Your article confirms exactly what I stated about there being no heterosexual gene ... It doesn't even support your idea it is a mental condition.

In fact ... It does suggest that any correlation between sexual desire and genetics could be supported by the fact that genes
do influence behavior and that combinations of genes can influence desire.

Then the study goes on to acknowledge the lead research was ready to ditch the idea of looking any further into genetics as an issue
because it wouldn't lead to anything conclusive and would require an unknown number of combinations possible.

Sexuality is a mental issue.

You probably believe I should defend one or the other, that's your mistake. Scientists confirmed there's no gay gene. It's a mental issue. You claimed there's no str8 gene. Correct, it's a mental issue.

If you are too intellectually deficient to understand the difference between child sexual abuse and intimacy between two consenting adults - and why I approve of the latter and not the former-there is no hope for you. More likely you are just playing a sick and depraved game using a false equivalency logical fallacy and an appeal to hypocrisy fallacy. Get the hell out of here
So you would be against kids being emotionally harmed by being raised by homosexual parents?

Sexuality is a mental issue.

You probably believe I should defend one or the other, that's your mistake. Scientists confirmed there's no gay gene. It's a mental issue. You claimed there's no str8 gene. Correct, it's a mental issue.

Try reading the article you posted before you make yourself look more stupid ... :thup:
They didn't say it was a mental issue and they did say it could be influenced by genetics.

I am just making fun you because you posted an article that says you are incorrect and are too stupid to figure that out.

I do not wildly speculate and am going by the stats.

I guess our conversation is over, given your two last posts, and you running away from my simple question.

Regards
DL
What stats? You have stats that show what exactly? I am talking about the extensive biological, psychological and sociological literature that is out there on homosexuality. You have not looked at any of it. Instead you decide that it is a mental illness and go and read your bible. And for the record, I am not running any where and I don't know what your "simple question" was

Forum List

Back