AP: Pena Nieto Says He Told Trump Mexico Would Not Pay For Wall

Since he is not answering the first question, let me try and answer.

At least in 2012.

http://us-foreign-aid.insidegov.com/q/112/1590/How-much-money-does-the-U-S-give-to-Mexico

Read that.

If the US withholds financial aid, to contribute to the building of the wall....

You think nat will see where I am going?
I was just going to post about withdrawing aid myself.
We provide $200 million a year in foreign aid to Mexico to combat drug cartels and terrorism.

Pop quiz. How long would it take to save $20 billion for The Wall™?

Need a calculator?

At least in 2012.

http://us-foreign-aid.insidegov.com/q/112/1590/How-much-money-does-the-U-S-give-to-Mexico

Read that.

If the US withholds financial aid, to contribute to the building of the wall....

We're looking up different sources, aren't we.....

How much foreign aid does the United States give to Mexico?

In 2013, the United States gave Mexico $51.5 million in foreign aid. Of that amount, $24.8 million, the largest segment, was designated for democracy, human rights and governance. The next largest amount, $10.9 million, was designated for the environment, and $8.4 million was designated for economic development.

How much foreign aid does the United States give to Mexico?

Bear in mind that if we withheld the $51.5 million from Mexico, that would probably pay for the hinges on the gates of that wall.

Trump's Plan B: Hold remittances hostage. Trump would blackmail Mexico into paying a ransom of $20 billion to keep the annual flow of $25 billion to Mexico going. Otherwise, he will seize the remittances.

"Bleev me."

Neither brain cell of a Trump Chump is able to spot the YUGE hole in this plan.

Of course, the entire wall-building stupidity of Trump is a myth to stir up his acolytes.....But, just for the "fun of it", who here STILL believes that Mexico would send us a check of $20 or so Billion to pay for the wall as Trump assures us???

Of course they will. When we make it impossible for an illegal to find employment here so they can send money back home and place tariffs on their goods to equal the playing field. Mexico has no Social Security, EBT, or other entitlement programs. They have a lot more to lose than we do.

did Trump say it would happen that way?

Well, Trump did say at the end, "believe me..."

So, of course, Trumpsters MUST believe him.
The Owl already demolished this thread.

I repeat. All he has to do is cut aid to Mexico.

He never said the mexican government wil formally pay for it. But he did say MEXICO will pay, AND. THEY. WILL.

I guess we can count the OWLette as one who STILL believes that the wall will be built....

At least in 2012.

Read that.

I was just going to post about withdrawing aid myself.
We provide $200 million a year in foreign aid to Mexico to combat drug cartels and terrorism.

Pop quiz. How long would it take to save $20 billion for The Wall™?

Need a calculator?
Then you'll have to take it back from them in other ways.

Of course, the entire wall-building stupidity of Trump is a myth to stir up his acolytes.....But, just for the "fun of it", who here STILL believes that Mexico would send us a check of $20 or so Billion to pay for the wall as Trump assures us???

There is going to be a wall...and Mexico will pay for it......it isn't that hard to figure out....they get foreign aid from us, and their illegal immigrants send money home......we can tax those transfers if they want to play games....

I missed the part where Trump said he's giving it a choice? We're not talkin about the lying corrupt Clintons here. We're talkin about a man with courage and resolve. I trust he'll find a way to make Mexico contribute. It'll contribute one way or another.

I was debating (I use that term VERY loosely) with a Trump Chump the other day about The Wall. The Chump mentioned how some people say a Mexican will just bring a ladder and climb the 20 25 30 foot wall with it. He then proudly pointed out the beaner would not be able to jump down from that height to the other side without breaking their legs, and would therefore be unable to come to America. He asked how the Mexican would be able to get down from there.

I responded with two words. I described a fantastical technological wonder which can defeat this $20 billion monstrosity.

"A rope."

The look on his face was priceless as the room erupted in laughter.

Oh no, there is no payment 'cuz there is no wall. Didn't you hear? That's now an unwall that never happened. Rump never said that. And we have always been at war with Oceania.

.....But, just for the "fun of it", who here STILL believes that Mexico would send us a check of $20 or so Billion to pay for the wall as Trump assures us???

You misunderstand how Mexicans will pay for the wall. They're not gonna cut a check. They're gonna pay for it with their jobs when Trump taxes the crap out of every product entering the United States from Mexico.

=====

** BULLETIN --- THIS JUST IN --- BULLETIN **

Mexico has agreed to BUILD and PAY for the wall if it keeps Trump out of their country.

Forum List

Back