Anyone want to talk about the joys of high taxes?

Get rid of automatic payroll withholdings ... Make everyone pay taxes once a year ... And we won't be discussing problems with taxation any more.
It might take us a little while to recover from what happens when we do that ... But I think it would be worthwhile.

best idea yet.......but don't forget to put tax day the week before election day....:cool:

i guess taxes are "good" for the recipients of the resulting (government) spending, e.g. transfer payments

'twould be nice if everybody at least acknowledged, even if only privately, that taxes do always strangle the over-all macro-economy (then there would exist some sort of common ground, grounded in actual economic fact)

Taxes, the price we pay for civilization. Oliver Wendell Holmes

and ? so ?

(1) taxes always strangle the economy taxed -- ceteris paribus, you agree, yes ?

(2) recipients of taxes benefit -- ceteris paribus, you agree, yes ?

you're seemingly implying, that taxes are a "necessary evil", because taxes pay for Public Goods (roads, bridges), from which everybody benefits...

but you're applying a Public Goods "everybody" argument, to transfer payments, which tax "some", for "others"...

that's illogical (and anybody who notices not that fact, is insulted as to their intelligence)

We should have a progressive tax system to protect our currency from any type of antisocial behavior by the rich...

you are advocating employing taxes, as a "pre-crime" "preventively punitive" form of Law Enforcement, whereas simplistically taxes are only a funding for Law Enforcement

if having more than ____ amount of money is socially dangerous, then laws should be passed making having more than ____ amount of money illegal...

then taxes would then-there-after fund Law Enforcement, to enforce police actions, against those violating the law

logically, taxes != Law Enforcement

taxes fund LE, but are not themselves LE

This morning I got up.
Drove my car on something called "a road". That was the result of taxes.
It took me over something called "bridge". That was a the result of taxes.
Before turning on to the street I worked, I noticed another car stopped at something called a "traffic light". That was the result of taxes.

So I made it to work in one piece. That was the result of taxes.

please see my PP above

logically, according to structured intelligent reasonable rational-ness...

you cannot apply Public Goods "every-body" benefits arguments...

to transfer payments benefitting only "some-bodies"

(anybody allowing the contrary to be claimed, to them, is allowing their intelligence to be insulted; separately, society does not promote intelligence; these words are true; i will avoid this thread now)

Forum List

Back